ADVERTISEMENT

Q: What are you looking forward to for the 2018 season?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Me?

Really intrigued by the various conference shakeups and just getting to see how conferences like the DuKane (STCE/STCN/Batavia/Geneva plus LP/WWS/WN/GBN) and the remaining fallout from the DVC works.

You?

Post them here.

Wilmington's season after the collapse of the I-8 Small Division....Last couple of years the Wildcats tried upgrading week 1 by playing St. Joe Ogden and then Ottawa. St. Joes hasn't been the same since Dick Duval retired; Ottawa may not have been very good, but they did have 1000 more kids than Wilmo.

With the defection of Seneca and Westmont, the interim year before the new conference takes over has the Cats playing a true I-8 round-robin. Weeks 1 & 2 at Manteno and then Coal City set the table for a season including 5A Streator for the first time. Wilmo hasn't lost a small division game since the Plano back-to-back titles...can they run the table against the whole large division?

My top 3.

Most interested in the non conference schedules of the remaining DVC members - the Napers and Valleys.

Dukane’s first year

Naz in 7A.

De La Salle playing home games at 3434 S. Michigan for the first time since 2016.

The people at Rita treated us amazingly last season as we played "home" games there and they could not have been better (many thanks for the outstanding AC in the pressbox), but it'll be nice to just walk across campus for home games this season.

I've actually missed the sound of the Green Line "EL" rolling by during games. Being back at home and now having a turf field is something I'm very much looking forward to.

And I'd like another playoff berth, too :)

Go Meteors!

I’m selfish, I’m most looking forward to watching my son play Varsity HS football.

Not a whole lot else I need to see besides that.

Can you give us some real time updates on the Warren/LZ game on a thread this year?

Warren/Stevie should be a good one as well!!

Reactions: LakeCtyNewt
I’m selfish, I’m most looking forward to watching my son play Varsity HS football.

Not a whole lot else I need to see besides that.

Newt: I don't have kids, but I was able to watch two of my nephews play HS football at our school. After you get past the worrying that they might get hurt, it's an amazing experience. I root for all our kids to be safe and successful, but seeing two of your family members out there makes it even more special. It'll go by quickly, so enjoy the heck out of every play and every game. Many great memories.

Newt: I don't have kids, but I was able to watch two of my nephews play HS football at our school. After you get past the worrying that they might get hurt, it's an amazing experience. I root for all our kids to be safe and successful, but seeing two of your family members out there makes it even more special. It'll go by quickly, so enjoy the heck out of every play and every game. Many great memories.

Thanks! I coached a lot of the boys he is playing with so there’s that too. Looking forward to a fun year.

I'm excited to see how Althoff competes with the St. Louis teams they've scheduled, as well as their opener with IC at Illinois Wesleylan University. Not since the 1970s' bi-state Catholic league days have the Crusaders ventured across the river as much as they will this year.

The new look Metro Suburban with addition of Aurora Christian, St. Francis, Bishop Mac. These three teams make the Metro a more competitive conference.

Excited for Aurora Christian to play ACC every year. Very excited!

Reactions: lkhammer57
Wilmington's season after the collapse of the I-8 Small Division....Last couple of years the Wildcats tried upgrading week 1 by playing St. Joe Ogden and then Ottawa. St. Joes hasn't been the same since Dick Duval retired; Ottawa may not have been very good, but they did have 1000 more kids than Wilmo.

With the defection of Seneca and Westmont, the interim year before the new conference takes over has the Cats playing a true I-8 round-robin. Weeks 1 & 2 at Manteno and then Coal City set the table for a season including 5A Streator for the first time. Wilmo hasn't lost a small division game since the Plano back-to-back titles...can they run the table against the whole large division?

Looking forward to Wilmo’s season as well. The level of competition should be stiff in the I-8 nearly every week. Also excited for the postseason with IC gone. Could be a good run for the Cats.

JCA vs. MCHS in the 5A playoffs. A playoff rival revival!

The new slimmed down Upstate 8 Conference, with 3 playoff teams moving to the DuKane. Who will emerge to make the playoffs. Glenbard East? Larkin?

Reactions: Gene K. and Q5clan
De La Salle playing home games at 3434 S. Michigan for the first time since 2016.

The people at Rita treated us amazingly last season as we played "home" games there and they could not have been better (many thanks for the outstanding AC in the pressbox), but it'll be nice to just walk across campus for home games this season.

I've actually missed the sound of the Green Line "EL" rolling by during games. Being back at home and now having a turf field is something I'm very much looking forward to.

And I'd like another playoff berth, too :)

Go Meteors!
Would love to come 550 to see a game here.What shall I look for? Good places to eat nearby or at the game any good food? Love you guys

Hopefully no more schools dropping football and just positive news all around as in no more forfeits due to school strikes, illegal players or low numbers though I must say as a positive that those have resulted in some interesting matchups

Last edited:
You know, Naperville Central and Payton Thorne at LWE and A.J. Henning is an attractive Week 2 match-up. These 2 teams will be coming off openers against Hinsdale Central and Crete-Monee, respectively. This could be a potential thread ... "Who has the toughest non-con Weeks 1 and 2?"

Would love to come 550 to see a game here.What shall I look for? Good places to eat nearby or at the game any good food? Love you guys

Our concession stand will be brand new this season. They always have a nice variety of food. Burgers, brats, walking tacos, etc. Good stuff. Stop by De La Salle. We'd love to have you cheer on our Meteors!

Our concession stand will be brand new this season. They always have a nice variety of food. Burgers, brats, walking tacos, etc. Good stuff. Stop by De La Salle. We'd love to have you cheer on our Meteors!
I love you guys.You let me stand on the sidelines when you won the Prep Bowl years ago.When I was watching St.Laurence(I grew up down the street in Burbank) I always took with me a video camera to watch the games and enjoy when I got back.I showed him my I.D. as he was cautious on who filmed the games.Nothing but nice.He asked for my address later after the game.When I got back home from my long vacation he had sent me a program, shirt,nice note and a D decal from the helmets!!!

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT