ADVERTISEMENT

Q: Most competitive conference this season in Illinois?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
This is also going to be my NBC Sports Chicago Facebook Live question so make sure to watch via the NBC Sports Chicago Facebook Page via Facebook Live at 12PMCST

Post those thoughts here

I got to go with the SW Suburban. Maybe DVC or West Sub Silver.

Southwest Prairie. The top 7 teams in that conference are very competitive with each other.

North Suburban with LZ,Stevie,Warren and Libertyville playing tough.

Agree that the North Suburban is looking strong. However, Libertyville is 3-3 and has yet to beat a team with a current winning record. I wouldn't include them in the same breath as the other three schools.

Reactions: Bowie50
conference with the most teams able to win the conference or knock off the top team? DVC.

DVC right now.

Anyone can beat anyone on a given day, with the exception of Metea.

One thru Eight? - top to bottom? - DVC would be tough to Top I think in terms of bottom teams being able to play and potentially beat the top teams. (Competitive parity)

Top 3 teams at the Top Of each conference?

Southwest Suburban - LWE, HF, Brook I think would get my vote. Not sure if LWC or Brook slide into the 3rd spot in conference power ranking as LWC only Plays LWE and not the other two teams (silly for a HS conference)
Or
Maybe WSS - HC, GBW, not sure on Lyons.
Or
Maybe North Suburban - LZ, Stevie, Warren?
Or
EDiT - maybe Fox Valley- PR, Huntley, CG? The rest of that conference is a running clock mess though so only two real conference games during the season for each.

Last edited:
I'll go with the DVC simply as a justification for my less than stellar pick'em record in that conference this year.

This is also going to be my NBC Sports Chicago Facebook Live question so make sure to watch via the NBC Sports Chicago Facebook Page via Facebook Live at 12PMCST

Post those thoughts here
One thru Eight? - top to bottom? - DVC would be tough to Top I think in terms of bottom teams being able to play and potentially beat the top teams. (Competitive parity)

Top 3 teams at the Top Of each conference?

Southwest Suburban - LWE, HF, Brook I think would get my vote. Not sure if LWC or Brook slide into the 3rd spot in conference power ranking as LWC only Plays LWE and not the other two teams (silly for a HS conference)
Or
Maybe WSS - HC, GBW, not sure on Lyons.
Or
Maybe North Suburban - LZ, Stevie, Warren?
Or
EDiT - maybe Fox Valley- PR, Huntley, CG? The rest of that conference is a running clock mess though so only two real conference games during the season for each.
Jacobs is a respectable FVC team. They made it to the 7A 1/4s last year. So the FVC has three good teams one respectable team and for running clock teams. IMO One of the better conferences but not one of the best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT