ADVERTISEMENT

Provi Hc to step down after 2021 Fall Season

Whose leading contender for this one?
What is Frank Lenti up to these days?

In all seriousness, I have no idea who may be in house and interested/qualified. Havent heard much in general on PC football the last 5 years so I am real curious to hear who they come up with.

Reactions: penlight
They need a slam dunk to get this program back where it was. A young well known alum, someone who can recruit.

They need a slam dunk to get this program back where it was. A young well known alum, someone who can recruit.
How have the lower levels done lately? I just glanced at their Spring roster. They did not have a soph team and only had 12 sophs. listed on the varsity roster. Their freshmen team had 41 on the roster, which is a good number. I think that soph. class was right on the heels of the McGrath scandal, so maybe they've bounced back at least from a numbers standpoint.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
The program will never be back to what it was. They had an 11 year stretch where they went to 10 semi finals. 9 state championship appearances and 7 titles. But you are right hopefully they hire a good young coach to bring energy back to the program

The program will never be back to what it was. They had an 11 year stretch where they went to 10 semi finals. 9 state championship appearances and 7 titles. But you are right hopefully they hire a good young coach to bring energy back to the program
Agreed that they will never duplicate that dominance. Nobody will at any school. Outside of Rochester, I don’t think anyone has come close. JC, MC, Maine South, Montini, etc have had some real nice stretches, but the duration and intensity of that PC dominance from mid 90s to early 00s was just ridiculously impressive.

But I see no reason they can’t get back to where they were in the late 00s and early 10s with frequent deep playoff runs. Need the right hire to get there.

Agreed that they will never duplicate that dominance. Nobody will at any school. Outside of Rochester, I don’t think anyone has come close. JC, MC, Maine South, Montini, etc have had some real nice stretches, but the duration and intensity of that PC dominance from mid 90s to early 00s was just ridiculously impressive.

But I see no reason they can’t get back to where they were in the late 00s and early 10s with frequent deep playoff runs. Need the right hire to get there.
Totally agree . Hope they get back on the right path. As someone that was part of that run it was never about talent it was a mentality that we were goin to out work and out hussle you no matter what. I'm not saying that isn't there now know idea about that I have no connection to the current program. But I know back in provis heyday nobody out worked them and I personally think that where it starts.

Reactions: McCaravan
Do you foresee the Hylka scandal/allegations having an affect on JCA?
No way to know. What they do have going for them is that he promptly resigned as soon as an investigation opened after a publicly known allegation came forth. Even JPD seems to acknowledge that the claim made in that instance was third party with no cooperating victims, so really the PR may look bad, but JC doesn’t have anything that looks like they were wiping it under the rug. St Joes in Lockport has some much more difficult accountability questions to answer. Nobody ever wants something like this to happen and it’s obviously also bad for PR. But Provi had the “missing cellphone” and abrupt resignation of a current school leader. JC placed their rank and file teacher under investigation and he resigned before any cooperating witness seemed to issue a complaint. So it really does seem like several degrees of bad PR away from what the PC situation was.

Reactions: penlight
I hope he has a great final season - he's got some nice returning players and if they're 5A anything can happen?

Reactions: falconfish
I hope he has a great final season - he's got some nice returning players and if they're 5A anything can happen?
Well he had a nice RB but he’s not coming back...😉....I know he had a nice OL too that isn’t coming back, beat ya to it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT