ADVERTISEMENT

Props to the Trevians

redmen85

Dec 17, 2014
Hanging with a team that, according to some, you "have no chance of beating".

Last edited:
Didn't see the game, anyone know how NT got that close? I see it was 35-10 at one point and would up 35-32.

Did Loyola put in their second stringers when they were up by 25, or did NT stage a furious rally against Loyola's starters and just come up short?

It was against the starters minus the corner #24 that got hurt. 22 unanswered in the 4th all throwing the ball. Started with a long pass, and then a few 3 and outs by defense. They tried a few onside kicks but didn't get them. They had a bunch of good pass plays in the 4th. Momentum swung and would have been real interesting if there were a couple more minutes in the game.

They didn't win but they fought to the end and as a New Trier fan am proud of the effort and not giving up when down by 25. Good Luck to Loyola moving forward.

Hanging with a team that, according to some, you "have no chance of beating".

Got to give credit to NT for not giving up and for making it close. However, for three + quarters of that game, LA was 100% in control. I still think LA beats them ten out of ten times.

Next couple of years will be interesting to see how this rivalry plays out.

Reactions: Gforce5
Hats off to NT - Last time I checked it doesn't matter what the score is until the end of the game......If LA is going to chant "let's play football", "let's play football" at the Wednesday night hockey game prior to the game on Saturday - then they need to be able to back that up and play the entire game........this is a rivalry game - these schools are right next to each other - perhaps NT took that to heart a little more ? ..........the next two years should be great

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT