ADVERTISEMENT

Pritzger mandating e-learning for IL = No Fall sports

LovetheDrake2

Jun 23, 2020
Word on street is that tomorrow Pritzger will announce and mandate e-learning in the fall for all IL schools which will mean no fall sports.

We have had minimal deaths, 3% positivity rate, 75% available ICU beds and Ventilators, we’ve flatten the curve and he still wants to cancel in person learning and fall sports (HS and youth).

It’s all ego for him, he wants to show the US people that IL had the “best Covid” plan in the county and wants to make sure there are no spikes and the numbers stay low. He doesn’t care about the irreparable harm he’s causing the kids who will not be going to school or playing sports.

Unreal that he’s doing this and states with much worse numbers and positivity rates will have kids going to school and playing football

Reactions: Gene K.
After further review this is not happening. The state superintendent just communicated the pritzker is not announcing this.
Source please, been stewing for the last hour and would like the confirmation of a small bit of good news

No I was wondering about the superintendent for ISBE denying JB not dictating remote learning. Also saw a tweet from a reporter down in Springfield saying the same thing but did not provide a source or statement so I am a bit dubious at the moment. I do not trust what is going on downstate

ISBE has sent out notifications Remote Learning rumor is false and Pritzker is not making that announcement tomorrow. ISBE confirmed it from the Governor...remember this is Illinois.

Not that JB would allow it (by not allowing sports in general) BUT Craig Anderson did state in an interview that there is nothing that would disallow athletic participation by students who are doing all remote learning. They are still full time students of the member school and it would be up to each school if they wanted to let remote learners play.

Last edited:
If Pritzker forces us all to a six-game schedule, in essence he's admitting that the winner of the Chicago Catholic League Blue is the state champ.

If Pritzker forces us all to a six-game schedule, in essence he's admitting that the winner of the Chicago Catholic League Blue is the state champ.
I know you’re joking but if he mandates e-learning it will be the death knell for Catholic education in Chicago and probably most of Illinois.

Somehow "making sure there are no spikes and numbers stay low" is a bad thing. Do you think about this stuff before typing it?

@LovetheDrake2

Solid Snake, you are missing my point. No spikes and numbers low is not a bad thing at all and we want to remain there. However we are at a point where we can take some risks (ie: play football and other sports) because we have the health capacity in case there is a mild spike. We have flattened the curve, cases may go up a bit however we can handle it now and can take some calculated risks by having the kids go to school, play football, etc. Hope that makes sense

Solid Snake, you are missing my point. No spikes and numbers low is not a bad thing at all and we want to remain there. However we are at a point where we can take some risks (ie: play football and other sports) because we have the health capacity in case there is a mild spike. We have flattened the curve, cases may go up a bit however we can handle it now and can take some calculated risks by having the kids go to school, play football, etc. Hope that makes sense
It should, it's what they sold everybody on back in March.

We have flattened the curve, cases may go up a bit however we can handle it now and can take some calculated risks by having the kids go to school, play football, etc. Hope that makes sense

I think they need to try the school part first. As much as we all want football and other sports to take place, we have no idea what will happen when the kids are back in school. As soon as the virus arrived in the country, ever school was canceled for the year. Hopefully when the kids go back there is not an outbreak amongst the students or faculty or staff but until they do we have no clue.

I think they need to try the school part first. As much as we all want football and other sports to take place, we have no idea what will happen when the kids are back in school. As soon as the virus arrived in the country, ever school was canceled for the year. Hopefully when the kids go back there is not an outbreak amongst the students or faculty or staff but until they do we have no clue.
I’m still not sold on the proposed education plan for our district let alone football. In class 2 days a week, mask on full time in some rooms with no air. Hell I can’t wear one for 15 minutes without hyperventilating. This is not gonna go well.

I do not trust what is going on downstate
I haven't trusted what is going on downstate for many years now! For that matter, I haven't trusted what's going on upstate the same length of time. Everything that happens in Illinois usually turns into some type of political football. And that football is not of the physical variety, but rather the kicking of the can down the road. LOL

Here is what we have heard from Athletic Director's Assoc. If E-learning disrupts the fall, a contingency plan would begin with winter sports starting in December, fall sports will compete in March and April with Spring sports May and June. All seasons reduced and it sounds most likely no playoffs in football.

I am to the point I can only sit back and laugh at what a dumpster fire this whole thing has turned into across this state and country..

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
I know you’re joking but if he mandates e-learning it will be the death knell for Catholic education in Chicago and probably most of Illinois.
I thought Catholic schools did a pretty good job last year during e-learning

51 million unemployed Americans will kill Catholic schools more than elearning

For all my data people

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/corona...0200714-xcdall2tsrd4riim2nwokvmsxm-story.html

Nearly 1/3 of children tested in FL are coming back positive. But yeah, hastily send these kids back to mingle amongst themselves in the covid soup that a school would be.

It's going to be unpopular but I prefer JB's slow walking the whole thing over the complete s--- show that FL or TX has been. Flattening the curve and lowering the positives is something you maintain, not something you accomplish then stop.

I thought they did too. Point being how long will people continue to pay tuition for e-learning on top of ever increasing taxes?

Anybody have jr high kids or hear anything about IESA? Usually jr high softball and baseball starts late July.

Spoken to several catholic school parents. It's impossible to justify paying upwards of 10k to e-learn. Some have thought about pulling their children and enrolling them at their local public school for a year. Why pay that type of cash to e-learn at the catholic school when your tax dollars would be covering your e-learning at said public school? Some families have quite a decision on the horizon.

Reactions: net-se and Gene K.
Maybe killing off the private and parochial schools, eliminating charter schools is part of the JBP plan. Public school teachers unions would more than likely support that.

Reactions: HRCJR
Spoken to several catholic school parents. It's impossible to justify paying upwards of 10k to e-learn. Some have thought about pulling their children and enrolling them at their local public school for a year. Why pay that type of cash to e-learn at the catholic school when your tax dollars would be covering your e-learning at said public school? Some families have quite a decision on the horizon.
I’m hearing the same thing. On the other hand I’ve got it on good authority that one grammar school has picked up a handful of kids in the past couple days because they’re going back full time. Stay tuned.

I found this funny and interesting. https://www.westernjournal.com/look...-experts-unanimously-agree-us-reopen-schools/ No doubt it’s far from a scientific study. The expression of the anchor tells me those weren’t the answers he was expecting. Maybe the lawyers on the board can help me here. From my law studies (watching tv and movies) isn’t it a hard rule never to ask a question when you don’t know what the answer will be?

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
Anybody have jr high kids or hear anything about IESA? Usually jr high softball and baseball starts late July.
My daughter is a jr softball coach. She said the IESA will announce this week their plan.......2 days before they are supposed to start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT