ADVERTISEMENT

Predictive Technology (working version) Week 8

crusader_of_90

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
All - I built a model for the NCAA March Madness last year to predict the winners, and half-time and final scores. Reasoning and history show, bet the under for the first round. Everyone is on the road and everyone is amped up to play tough D. I made money following that model.

I am starting to load in data for the IHSA series and it is bare bones presently, with only regular season results loaded.

I need to collect the following:
To improve the accuracy of score predictions for upcoming Illinois High School football games, here are additional types of data that would be useful:

1. Team Stats:
    • Offensive stats (points per game, yards per game, turnovers).
    • Defensive stats (points allowed per game, sacks, interceptions).
    • Special teams performance (field goals, kick returns).
  2. Individual Player Stats:
    • Key player performances (quarterback completions, rushing yards, receiving yards).
    • Injuries or players missing games.
  3. Game Location:
    • Home vs. away games, as home-field advantage can affect outcomes.
  4. Weather Conditions:
    • Past weather conditions during games and forecast for upcoming games (rain, wind, etc.).
  5. Historical Matchups:
    • Previous meetings between teams, including head-to-head results.
  6. Team Trends:
    • Recent form (winning streaks, losing streaks).
    • Momentum shifts over the season.
  7. Coaching Changes:
    • New coaches or changes in team strategy.
  8. Strength of Schedule:
    • Quality of opponents faced in previous weeks.
If you have any of this data, it can help improve predictions. Let me know what data you can provide!

Anyone know where I can collect the requested data? Please provide links if you can.

Since I have maxed out my "free" data analysis this AM and cannot load more or get more back until 5:08 this afternoon, these are the scores predicted so far.

Here are my predictions for some key games of Week 8, based on team performance so far:

Thursday, October 17, 2024​

• Woodlawn (6-0) vs. Harlan (3-3): Woodlawn's unbeaten record makes them the favorite. Prediction: Woodlawn win.
  • DuSable (1-6) vs. Back of the Yards (3-4): Back of the Yards should take this one given DuSable's struggles. Prediction: Back of the Yards win.
  • Solorio Academy (4-3) vs. Gage Park (2-5): Solorio Academy looks stronger on paper. Prediction: Solorio Academy win.

Friday, October 18, 2024​

• Morgan Park (#6 5A) (6-1) vs. Brooks (2-5): Morgan Park has been dominant and should continue their winning ways. Prediction: Morgan Park win.
  • Ridgeview-Lexington (2-5) vs. Shelbyville (5-2): Shelbyville should win comfortably. Prediction: Shelbyville win.
  • Forreston (2-5) vs. Du-Pec (6-1): Du-Pec’s strong season gives them the edge. Prediction: Du-Pec win.
  • Sullivan (7-0) vs. North Lawndale (6-1): This could be a close game, but Sullivan's perfect record might hold. Prediction: Sullivan win.
  • Hillcrest (4-3) vs. Blue Island Eisenhower (4-3): Very even matchup, but Hillcrest may have a slight edge. Prediction: Hillcrest win.
  • Addison Trail (6-1) vs. Leyden (4-3): Addison Trail should win. Prediction: Addison Trail win.
  • Oak Lawn Richards (#8 6A) (6-1) vs. Evergreen Park (3-4): Richards is too strong. Prediction: Richards win.
  • Kankakee (#4 6A) (6-1) vs. Thornton (0-7): Kankakee will dominate. Prediction: Kankakee win.
  • Marion (4-3) vs. Carbondale (3-4): Marion should have the upper hand here. Prediction: Marion win.
  • Lake Forest (5-2) vs. Libertyville (#5 6A) (7-0): Libertyville’s unbeaten record makes them the favorite. Prediction: Libertyville win.
  • Manteno (#5 4A) (7-0) vs. Wilmington (#2 3A) (7-0): This is a highly anticipated matchup, but Wilmington’s experience could give them the edge. Prediction: Wilmington win.
  • Oswego (#3 8A) (7-0) vs. Minooka (6-1): Oswego has been impressive all season. Prediction: Oswego win.
  • East St Louis (#1 6A) (7-0) vs. Edwardsville (#8 7A) (6-1): East St Louis looks too powerful for most teams this season. Prediction: East St Louis win.
  • Geneva (#3 6A) (7-0) vs. St. Charles East (2-5): Geneva will likely remain unbeaten. Prediction: Geneva win.
  • Naperville Central (#2 8A) (7-0) vs. Sandburg (5-2): Naperville Central should win, though Sandburg might put up a fight. Prediction: Naperville Central win.
These predictions take into account records and past performance. Let me know if you want predictions for any specific games!

I'm unsure of one mega-spot for all that info... but I can say the IHSA website would have a lot of that up front at no cost and available at any time. At least as far as streaks, points for, points against, HC tenures, home/away (advantage). Where you'd hit the dark again would be the stats. Stats are tough to come by for every program. Some are better than others as you're well aware of keeping them well to begin with, posting them for the public is even more rare.

I'm not sure how you're going about this but I do presume you're entering all the data yourself. If you'd like help collecting some of that "easy" data to help jump start, I'd be more than willing to help. Simply let me know how you'd prefer it formatted and I can start this week. I always enjoy this kind of stuff. I'm not wizard or guru or even really good at the analytical side of things, but I enjoy the heck out of it. lol

• Love
Reactions: crusader_of_90
All - I built a model for the NCAA March Madness last year to predict the winners, and half-time and final scores. Reasoning and history show, bet the under for the first round. Everyone is on the road and everyone is amped up to play tough D. I made money following that model.

I am starting to load in data for the IHSA series and it is bare bones presently, with only regular season results loaded.

I need to collect the following:
To improve the accuracy of score predictions for upcoming Illinois High School football games, here are additional types of data that would be useful:

1. Team Stats:
    • Offensive stats (points per game, yards per game, turnovers).
    • Defensive stats (points allowed per game, sacks, interceptions).
    • Special teams performance (field goals, kick returns).
  2. Individual Player Stats:
    • Key player performances (quarterback completions, rushing yards, receiving yards).
    • Injuries or players missing games.
  3. Game Location:
    • Home vs. away games, as home-field advantage can affect outcomes.
  4. Weather Conditions:
    • Past weather conditions during games and forecast for upcoming games (rain, wind, etc.).
  5. Historical Matchups:
    • Previous meetings between teams, including head-to-head results.
  6. Team Trends:
    • Recent form (winning streaks, losing streaks).
    • Momentum shifts over the season.
  7. Coaching Changes:
    • New coaches or changes in team strategy.
  8. Strength of Schedule:
    • Quality of opponents faced in previous weeks.
If you have any of this data, it can help improve predictions. Let me know what data you can provide!
Masseyratings is prob your go to for historical head to heads. They provide every game (within last 25 years or so) that a team has played and their total wins, losses and Margin of Victory. For example here’s the link to Loyola. (244-67 wow!)

Here are my full predictions for all the Illinois high school football games scheduled for Friday, October 18, 2024:

1. East Brimfield 28 - Abingdon-Avon 14
  2. Addison Trail 31 - Leyden 17
  3. Alden-Hebron 20 - Hiawatha 14
  4. Althoff (#1 1A) 42 - Granite City 7
  5. Annawan-Wethersfield 34 - ROWVA 12
  6. Antioch 27 - Grant 20
  7. Arthur-Lovington (#7 2A) 35 - Arcola 13
  8. Cerro Gordo-Bement 24 - Argenta-Oreana 14
  9. Orangeville 28 - Ashton-Franklin Center 21
  10. New Berlin 30 - Athens 28
  11. Aurora Central Catholic 27 - Walworth (Big Foot), WI 21
  12. Wheaton Academy (#4 4A) 31 - Aurora Christian 13
  13. West Aurora 38 - Aurora East 6
  14. Barrington (#8 8A) 24 - Hoffman Estates 21
  15. Larkin 28 - Bartlett 21
  16. Beardstown 35 - North Greene 14
  17. Belleville East 21 - Belleville West 14
  18. Belvidere North (#7 6A) 27 - Hononegah 24
  19. Peoria (#4 5A) 34 - Bloomington (#10 6A) 27
  20. Bowen 28 - Bogan 20
  21. Bradley-Bourbonnais (#10 7A) 31 - DeKalb 14
  22. T F South 24 - Bremen 21
  23. Buffalo Grove 35 - Wheeling 7
  24. Bushnell-Prairie City 20 - Galva 14
  25. Edwards County 28 - Christopher-Zeigler-Royalton 14
  26. Cahokia 30 - Collinsville 17
  27. Calhoun (#7 1A) 21 - Brown County 14
  28. Washington 35 - Canton 14
  29. Loyola (#6 8A) 31 - Carmel 10
  30. Carmi-White County 28 - Eldorado 13
  31. Camp Point Central (#5 1A) 28 - Carrollton 14
  32. Richland County (#7 4A) 24 - Casey-Westfield (#6 1A) 21
  33. Central High School 34 - Hampshire 14
  34. Mt. Vernon 27 - Centralia 17
  35. Normal Community (#6 7A) 35 - Champaign Centennial 20
  36. Normal West 31 - Champaign Central 14
  37. Taylorville 28 - Charleston 20
  38. Chester (#6 2A) 28 - Red Bud 14
  39. Chicago Christian (#10 2A) 35 - Christ the King 13
  40. Triad 34 - Civic Memorial 14
  41. Clifton Central 31 - Iroquois West 14
  42. Clinton 24 - Deer Creek-Mackinaw 20
  43. Coal City (#9 4A) 35 - Herscher 13
  44. Breese Central (#1 4A) 31 - Columbia 17
  45. Palatine (#7 8A) 38 - Conant 10
  46. Ridgewood 21 - Cornell-Woodland 14
  47. Mather 20 - Crane Medical 14
  48. Creston 24 - Ottawa 13
  49. Crystal Lake Central 27 - Cary-Grove 24
  50. Downers Grove North 24 - Willowbrook 20
  51. Fenton 28 - Ridgewood 21
  52. Galesburg 21 - Rock Island 20
  53. Glenbard East 34 - Glenbard South 28
  54. Lemont 21 - Oak Forest 20
  55. Lincoln-Way East (#1 8A) 34 - Andrew 14
  56. Marist (#5 8A) 28 - Marmion 14
  57. Nazareth (#1 5A) 35 - Benet 17
  58. Wilmington (#2 3A) 24 - Manteno (#5 4A) 21
  59. Morris (#2 5A) 42 - Kaneland (#7 5A) 35
  60. Naperville Central (#2 8A) 31 - Sandburg 20
This is the full list of my predictions for the games on Friday. The outcomes are based on team records, recent performances, and comparative strengths.

Gemini might work well with this info also since it is internet based unlike ChatGPT

1. Lincoln-Way East (#1 8A) 34 - Andrew 14
  2. Marist (#5 8A) 28 - Marmion 14
  3. Nazareth (#1 5A) 35 - Benet 17
I find these 3 outcomes interesting. I could see each of these games being more of a blowout but of course depends on when backups come in.
Marist-Marmion won’t be close.

Reactions: SiuCubFan8
Pretty cool stuff!

Just going to point one thing.....this game was played last week with Rock Island winning.
  1. Galesburg 21 - Rock Island 20

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT