8A Lincoln Way East at Loyola Sat 12PM

8A Lockport at Glenbard North Sat 1PM

3A Reed Custer at Byron Sat 1PM

4A Genoa Kingston at JCA Sat 7PM

7A Mount Carmel at Brother Rice Sat4PM

2A Bishop McNamara at Wilmington Sat 5PM

#4 East St. Louis (Sr.) @ # 1 Lemont
Saturday November 13, 2013 @ 2:30 PM
A neighbor of mine is all jacked for this game as his kids played at Lemont. He knows what’s coming and has little faith in the outcome. I, OTOH, sorta disagree. Closer than the experts think.

• Haha
Reactions: chiliconcarne
I agree with Buck. This game will be closer than people think. Lemont has a very good football team and always plays well at home. Kooi has to get them play and not spectate. Tough task when you are playing the high flying Flyers! Cary-Grove will face the same challenge in Dekalb.

Weird....lets go an hour later on an already expected crappy wet and cold night....
No real explanation has been given. There are a ton of events at the school the entire weekend so I imagine it’s trying to find the right window of time to allow for minimal conflicts and maximum parking/etc. for attendees.

No real explanation has been given. There are a ton of events at the school the entire weekend so I imagine it’s trying to find the right window of time to allow for minimal conflicts and maximum parking/etc. for attendees.
That's called being a good host. There are going to be a ton of people there I'm sure the good fans from Wheaton appreciate the effort 👍

Reactions: WBWarriorWatcher
Interesting that during the off season I drive by schools all the time and I never see anything happening on campus however during the playoffs, most schools have a ton of events to coordinate around for game time. Do schools only host events during November?

Interesting that during the off season I drive by schools all the time and I never see anything happening on campus however during the playoffs, most schools have a ton of events to coordinate around for game time. Do schools only host events during November?
I know it's hard to fathom, but there are other sports and those sports have post seasons as well. Last weekend, for example, saw Boys Soccer state finals, Girls Volleyball super sectionals, Boys and Girls Cross Country state finals, and the winter sports seasons kicked off.

Reactions: WBWarriorWatcher
I know it's hard to fathom, but there are other sports and those sports have post seasons as well. Last weekend, for example, saw Boys Soccer state finals, Girls Volleyball super sectionals, Boys and Girls Cross Country state finals, and the winter sports seasons kicked off.
None of those fall sports championship series are on the high school campus. Winter sports kickoff is setting a practice time that shouldn't impact a playoff game time. I wasn't implying that football is the only sport.

And sometimes not even a sport. Like opening weekend of a play, which was supposed to start at 7. WB moves that start from 7 -5, and football 7-8. That’s a good thing, the parking would’ve been horrendous if they didn’t shift both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT