ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast: 20 Minutes (and then some) Tim Racki Nazareth Academy

Mt Carmel was locked in but Naz should have used their 250 pound fullback to run up the middle to loosen up the middle of the line at the beginning of the game and should have thrown some short passes to the big TE to loosin things up.

That would have opened things up for the Naz stars later in the game.

They never used these weapons they really needed vs MC.

That said Tim Racki is one of my favorite coaches. I just think Naz needs to get St Rita, BR, MC or Loyola on the regular season schedule to help them in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Mt Carmel was locked in but Naz should have used their 250 pound fullback to run up the middle to loosen up the middle of the line at the beginning of the game and should have thrown some short passes to the big TE to loosin things up.

That would have opened things up for the Naz stars later in the game.

They never used these weapons they really needed vs MC.

That said Tim Racki is one of my favorite coaches. I just think Naz needs to get St Rita, BR, MC or Loyola on the regular season schedule to help them in the playoffs.
They’ve had no issue in playoffs. They ran into a Mt Carmel beast and terrible Naz weather. It is what it is. Naz wasn’t winning a power football game with Mt Carmel.

They’ve had no issue in playoffs. They ran into a Mt Carmel beast and terrible Naz weather. It is what it is. Naz wasn’t winning a power football game with Mt Carmel.

You got to show up to win it. Naz ran only 3 or 4 x up the middle and I don't remember any with their big 240 pound FB (Riley Theobald). He was a bright spot running the ball vs Rolling Meadows who had 2 great lineman.

Also should have used the 6 foot 7 WR Hansen early in the offense (big target) Play 6 foot 6 WR Landon Morris and Hansen together and you have two big targets in the short game for JJ. Somebody has to be open because MC has no DBs that size. You need to do more than that if you want a chance to win.

Last edited:
You need to do more than that if you want a chance to win.

Tyler Morris conveyed, in the following two sentences, what happened to Naz.

"“They played me one low, one high,” Morris said. “With the pressure they were bringing, it was hard for J.J. to keep his eyes downfield to try and find me.”"

If JJ had time to pass Naz would have won the game, he didn't. He was on the run from start to finish.

Reactions: EdgyTim
"“They played me one low, one high,” Morris said. “With the pressure they were bringing, it was hard for J.J. to keep his eyes downfield to try and find me.”"

If JJ had time to pass Naz would have won the game, he didn't. He was on the run from start to finish.

That's why at the beginning of the game you go heavy with your fullback (Theobald) and go short passes to your tall wide receivers being Landon and Hansen. The fullback teaches the MC linemen to stay honest and they can't always just bullrush JJ on every play. The short passing game to the big targets does not give the pass rush enough time fot it to be a factor. Then once MC makes adjustments later in the game you will be able to hit Tyler on the big plays.

I never saw a more defeated player than JJ McCarthy when Carmel sacked him in the fourth quarter on his own three yard line. The defense made him irrelevant, and the offense was equally dominant. I hope they get a chance to defend their crown. When they play as well as they did, it makes me feel good for the rest of the year. It also makes me proud to show the colors, so I wear something Carmel-related when I go out running.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Blue Ruin,

I'm not saying Naz beats MC with my game plan but I think the game would have been closer.

Naz had never played a CCL Blue team until they played MC. They need to play the Blue teams more to learn how to beat them They need to schedule a Blue team for a non-con game and when I say Blue I mean the traditional Blue teams like SR, BR, MC or Loyola.

Blue Ruin,

I'm not saying Naz beats MC with my game plan but I think the game would have been closer.

Naz had never played a CCL Blue team until they played MC. They need to play the Blue teams more to learn how to beat them They need to schedule a Blue team for a non-con game and when I say Blue I mean the traditional Blue teams like SR, BR, MC or Loyola.

They beat Providence by 3 TDs in the 2017 playoffs, they were a CCL Blue team at the time and last year they beat Mairst who was a Blue team.

Reactions: Gene K. and mc140
Blue Ruin,

Wassup I don't think you are giving enough credit to either Dave Lenti, who had a great game plan which was executed by the defense, or Tim Racki, who if he could have made adjustments, he would have made them. This wasn't his first rodeo.

Wassup,

MC was a juggernaut that night. They got better and better as the season progressed, and by the time they met Nazareth, they were a highly efficient machine. Even if Naz had tried to run the fullback, Jalen Grant was the stopper in the middle. He will be hard to replace, as will Marty O'Brien, a corner who saved the Loyola game with a brilliant play at the goal line.

Last edited:
You got to show up to win it. Naz ran only 3 or 4 x up the middle and I don't remember any with their big 240 pound FB (Riley Theobald). He was a bright spot running the ball vs Rolling Meadows who had 2 great lineman.

Also should have used the 6 foot 7 WR Hansen early in the offense (big target) Play 6 foot 6 WR Landon Morris and Hansen together and you have two big targets in the short game for JJ. Somebody has to be open because MC has no DBs that size. You need to do more than that if you want a chance to win.
This one post shows me you no nothing about the players or the roster.

Godfather,

How so? I went to 3 Naz games this year.

I know 2 of the guys I mentioned play every down on defense but in the MC game you needed them to play both ways for a little while.

Godfather,

How so? I went to 3 Naz games this year.

I know 2 of the guys I mentioned play every down on defense but in the MC game you needed them to play both ways for a little while.
Because you wanted Hansen to play offense? He didn't line up on offense all year long and probably hasn't since freshman year. You want that game adjustment during the state game ? What was wrong with Morris 6'5'' or Kozial 6'6''. Naz got beat. MC was better team that day. It wouldn't have mattered if they started running up the middle with the FB or not.

Godfather,

How did you like Theobald at fullback vs Rolling Meadows?

1 carry 29 yards. Sure it was nice but did RM call it in already?

I did not see many Naz games but did he get the ball much during the regular season? Seems like they should be feeding this kid the ball more on offense. Big guy and tough to bring down, then bring in Strong who runs well.

Riley reminded me a little bit like Mike Kenders at Driscoll who ran the ball like a big semi truck carrying 3 or 4 tacklers hanging onto him down the field.

I did not see many Naz games but did he get the ball much during the regular season? Seems like they should be feeding this kid the ball more on offense. Big guy and tough to bring down, then bring in Strong who runs well.

Riley reminded me a little bit like Mike Kenders at Driscoll who ran the ball like a big semi truck carrying 3 or 4 tacklers hanging onto him down the field.
I'll go with Racki on his decisions on how he uses his players.

19 carries throughout the whole year. I think most were goal line or short yardage.

Our schedule is set.

Volunteer to move up to the Blue. The CCL wont refuse it.

Teams I would like to see Naz play during the regular season of course only a couple of them each year

BR
Loyola
SR
MC

Sycamore
Rochester
SHG
ICCP

Maine South
East St Louis

Last edited:
Volunteer to move up to the Blue. The CCL wont refuse it.

Teams I would like to see Naz play during the regular season of course only a couple of them each year

BR
Loyola
SR
MC

Sycamore
Rochester
SHG
ICCP

Maine South
East St Louis

Where’s the love for LWE? I think it would be a great game.

LWE is usually the toughest team to play during the regular season games.

How many teams out there want to schedule a non-con game vs them?

LWE is usually the toughest team to play during the regular season games.

How many teams out there want to schedule a non-con game vs them?
How many teams want to schedule ESL non-conference? MS has always gone out of their way to schedule tough non-conference games, but I’m sure there isn’t a long line of people waiting to schedule any of the teams mentioned by Corey. That’s why scheduling has become so difficult.

How many teams want to schedule ESL non-conference? MS has always gone out of their way to schedule tough non-conference games, but I’m sure there isn’t a long line of people waiting to schedule any of the teams mentioned by Corey. That’s why scheduling has become so difficult.

Im sure there are teams that would be willing to play EStL but the problem is what do you do with your lower levels? It’s easier just to play a local team that can offer three levels of games rather then deal with the logistics of playing EStL.

Reactions: caravan8
Im sure there are teams that would be willing to play EStL but the problem is what do you do with your lower levels? It’s easier just to play a local team that can offer three levels of games rather then deal with the logistics of playing EStL.

Teams that want to play ESL schedule the game. Those that don’t won’t. Those that needed to find lower level games found them with ease. The point of mentioning ESL had nothing to do with logistics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT