ADVERTISEMENT

Peoria Trouble

cornerrat

Aug 1, 2009
All.... This doesn't look good. Later on Manuel (not that they were going to win) said were not playing and forfeits 1-0 to Peoria.

Reactions: NNFAN
I lived in Peoria for four years (during college) and am shocked how bad Peoria is. Never saw any violence when I lived there and always felt safe (this was 40 years ago). Peoria has always been a working class, blue collar town, with modest neighborhoods. Still was even 10-15 years ago. It was safe. But (as the demographics have changed) it has become one of the most violent, gang-infested cities in the country per capita. Over 22 murders so far this year for a town of 113,000. The last few years the gangs have taken over Northwoods Mall and many other popular spots. I still come down for Bradley games but I get the hell out soon after.

Reactions: McEvergreen
I lived in Peoria for four years (during college) and am shocked how bad Peoria is. Never saw any violence when I lived there and always felt safe (this was 40 years ago). Peoria has always been a working class, blue collar town, with modest neighborhoods. Still was even 10-15 years ago. It was safe. But (as the demographics have changed) it has become one of the most violent, gang-infested cities in the country per capita. Over 22 murders so far this year for a town of 113,000. The last few years the gangs have taken over Northwoods Mall and many other popular spots. I still come down for Bradley games but I get the hell out soon after.
First response is damn you old! Ha so am I! Lol
It’s sad to hear this small town has been taking over by criminals. It makes me sick! Hang in their I know it’s hard to witness being you have close ties to the area.

Same thing is happening in Champaign/Urbana.

It is sad that after the COVID season these kids have to miss games because of things out of their control. These kids are helpless and if they don't believe there is any reason to play they won't.

Hoping things get figured out so these kids can play. We all know it's better for them to play then not play.

Went to college in Peoria during the 1980s. Loved that area. Attended many Chiefs and Rivermen games and the people were very friendly and clean cut. Northwoods Mall was a great place to hangout and we went there many times. I believe it was 1986 or 87 when the city was named All American Small City of the Year in the U.S. Haven't been back in decades. Sad to hear what its become.

Reactions: Gene K. and NNFAN
Went to college in Peoria during the 1980s. Loved that area. Attended many Chiefs and Rivermen games and the people were very friendly and clean cut. Northwoods Mall was a great place to hangout and we went there many times. I believe it was 1986 or 87 when the city was named All American Small City of the Year in the U.S. Haven't been back in decades. Sad to hear what its become.
McEvergreen did you go to BU? The town had so much personality. One of the first Steak & Shakes was in Peoria. Saw Ronald Regan, Gerald Ford, and Bob Hope appear together during the 1980 presidential campaign. Main street was like a page out of the movie American Graffiti on Friday and Saturday nights.

Reactions: Gene K.
First response is damn you old! Ha so am I! Lol
It’s sad to hear this small town has been taking over by criminals. It makes me sick! Hang in their I know it’s hard to witness being you have close ties to the area.
The older you get, the faster the years fly by.

Reactions: corey90
McEvergreen did you go to BU? The town had so much personality. One of the first Steak & Shakes was in Peoria. Saw Ronald Regan, Gerald Ford, and Bob Hope appear together during the 1980 presidential campaign. Main street was like a page out of the movie American Graffiti on Friday and Saturday nights.
Sure did. Class of 90. Great place to go to school and hangout. Lots of good times!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT