ADVERTISEMENT

Passion!!

The Outfit

Dec 15, 2015
Just an observation.

where is the passion for people’s teams on these boards? Where has everyone gone!?!!!?

This thing used to be lit up during the week and after Friday games!

Has the police overly moderated and the shocking trash talked been so controlled that people could be bored with the forum?

While there was a certain amount of annoyance dealing with the trash talkers it brought an entertainment factor that’s missing!

Helmet decal discussion has replaced the fiery excites prose of the Greats of yesteryear!
I admittingly say the first web page I would check as soon as I got up in the AM has become something not nearly the same!

Gentleman- am I totally wrong? Has everyone matured? Has the site become so moderated that people just stopped their over the top rants? The entertainment value was priceless!

Just this individual’s opinion!

I don't know what it was like in the past, but the board's been pretty lively this year, especially after Rochester stepped up to play Loyola. Today was a great day for high school football, and the interest should increase exponentially from here on out.

Man I got passion and I’m stoked watching CG lighting up the scoreboard but we’re 4 games in and there’s a lot to go. I’m not gonna go chest thumping yet because even if they get to that last weekend in November I know what’s lurking.

Just an observation.

where is the passion for people’s teams on these boards? Where has everyone gone!?!!!?

This thing used to be lit up during the week and after Friday games!

Has the police overly moderated and the shocking trash talked been so controlled that people could be bored with the forum?

While there was a certain amount of annoyance dealing with the trash talkers it brought an entertainment factor that’s missing!

Helmet decal discussion has replaced the fiery excites prose of the Greats of yesteryear!
I admittingly say the first web page I would check as soon as I got up in the AM has become something not nearly the same!

Gentleman- am I totally wrong? Has everyone matured? Has the site become so moderated that people just stopped their over the top rants? The entertainment value was priceless!

Just this individual’s opinion!

I did make a comment about the Helmet post . I agreed with you on that topic.

I was all in on Rice beating LA, but the LA offense really stepped up on a night when their defense stayed in Wilmette. That being said, I hope we get another shot at them in the playoffs, but LA is likely to be 8A.

Reactions: Bowie50
Where are the days of the entertaining posters though!

most of you don’t remember Sammy the Bull!
In my opinion in 20 plus years and going back to when there was the OLD suntimes message board those were the wild Wild West days and Sammy the Bull lead the way ! Obviously those days passed… the other guys often referred to (Fratboy comes to mind) we’re NOTHING COMPARED to the HOF Sammy the Bull.
this sammy, unlike his namesake, will NEVER leave WITSEC. I just miss the craziness he brought to the table.

I think Twitter and some of those other social media outlets are definitely to blame…

does edgy ever want those WILD WILD WEST days back- heck no! And I can’t blame him!
Long live the unmoderated Suntimes boards!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT