ADVERTISEMENT

Palatine 21 - MS 28 F

I felt like Palatine dominated the second half for the most part. I would also suggest MS needs to do some soul searching in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I would like to see some old school nastiness and violence out of our lines and defense. The only big hit I saw was a Palatine DB on one of our receivers.
Our QB runs VERY WELL , however there were several catches made by our receivers that could have gone for big yardage if he hits them in stride. Our receivers bailed us out quite a few times I thought with some very impressive catches. That being said, they couldn’t block my dead mother out on the edges.

I would LOVE to see Capicious and Dellumo split in the backfield for some RPO action. Capicious needs to be on the field somewhere. Strong kid.

All in all, great win for MS! Both teams still feel a little green with promising potential with some attitude adjustments. It’s early, and many of these boys on both sides don’t have extensive game experience at the big boy level.

Reactions: ChiTown Chuggers
On the topic of officiating, there were several times the officials were grossly out of position to make a proper call. In these games today, there is no home cooking like we used to see in certain places in the past. That being said, the lack of officials in general along with poor training and questionable pay it’s hard to say anything was really egregious that affected the outcome of the game.
When the super CHEAP shot on our QB happened, I was glad to see the Palatine coach remove him immediately although it could be suggested he should have been disqualified. What I was actually disappointed in was that our boys should have responded with extreme prejudice immediately and did not.

Not too long ago that would have gotten pretty messy for the right reasons.

That said, Palatine lost with some less than inspired play and some head scratching play calling - the intermediate passing game was working, so let's start chucking up some bombs - smh. They'll need to improve to be on MS's level..
I agree that PHS talent could have been better leveraged against MS than #7 and #11. Very predictable OFF from the fans section at Wilson Field let alone our press box. PHS will be a force when / by playoffs if they get their 6’7” WR back from his wrist injury. Then multi-dimensional…

Reactions: kpjasion and PRokie
I agree that PHS talent could have been better leveraged against MS than #7 and #11. Very predictable OFF from the fans section at Wilson Field let alone our press box. PHS will be a force when / by playoffs if they get their 6’7” WR back from his wrist injury. Then multi-dimensional…
It would be great if we could understand the announcer during the game

If I am 6-foot-7 WR who also happens to a Division 1 basketball player and I broke the wrist on my shooting hand, I would be looking at the hardwood in late November then coming back to play outside in the cold.

If I am 6-foot-7 WR who also happens to a Division 1 basketball player and I broke the wrist on my shooting hand, I would be looking at the hardwood in late November then coming back to play outside in the cold.
I was thinking the same thing - as much as we'd like to see him play football this year, he's GOTTA think of his future, which is definitely in B-Ball. MSL West MVP and All-State as a junior. Tyson Moorer and Kole Fager should be able to pick up the slack(and I think they need to add Jacob Stark IMO) with Donnelly as primary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT