ADVERTISEMENT

Oswego - 26 Neuqua - 37 Final

NapervilleBuck

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Disjointed opening drive by Neuqua. Crack back block on the 10 cost NV. Oswego caused a fumble on the first play but the refs had a super quick whistle. Pretty intense hitting so far.

Oswego stopped Neuqua. They then fumbled the punt and NV drive right down and scored.

Neuqua’s kicker is hurt so they went for 2. No good. Awful call.

I left and it was 28-13 NV with 7:50 left. Just checked and it’s 28-26 with just under 6 minutes left. Wow.

Mennecke scrambles on 3rd and 10 deep in NV territory and runs to the Oswego 15. Grant Larkin with the TD.

Oswego scored on A Cam Grays td run, then Austin King (really good story here if Edgy is looking for one), pooched it on the KO and Oswego recovered, first play Ibarra hit Connor Deal for a long TD. Two point was picked. 28-26. Oswego had them 3rd and nine and mennecke ran for the 65 yarder mentioned above. After the KO, Ibarra got sacked in the end zone. Fun HS game, really impressed by Mennecke, and the back up is no joke either.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Oswego scored on A Cam Grays td run, then Austin King (really good story here if Edgy is looking for one), pooched it on the KO and Oswego recovered, first play Ibarra hit Connor Deal for a long TD. Two point was picked. 28-26. Oswego had them 3rd and nine and mennecke ran for the 65 yarder mentioned above. After the KO, Ibarra got sacked in the end zone. Fun HS game, really impressed by Mennecke, and the back up is no joke either.
That might be the longest HS game I can ever remember.

I have no idea why Oswego didn’t lean on the running game more after they scored their first TD. That RB has some shift him. Good football player.

That WR #88 is huge. Is he being recruited as a college TE?

I have no idea why Oswego didn’t lean on the running game more after they scored their first TD. That RB has some shift him. Good football player.

Deacon Tonielli is 88, has offers from Michigan, Tennessee and some other BCS schools. It’s a really young line, so I’m not sure how much they trusted them to move people and it was hot. Play calling can always be questioned, but both teams made odd decisions on n PATS

Deacon Tonielli is 88, has offers from Michigan, Tennessee and some other BCS schools. It’s a really young line, so I’m not sure how much they trusted them to move people and it was hot. Play calling can always be questioned, but both teams made odd decisions on n PATS
Agree on the bad play calling. Neuqua had the 3rd and one on the 40ish in the third and instead of running it straight ahead for the first he rolls Mennecke out on a deep trajectory and he gets sacked for a 15 yd loss. Same kinda play call on their 2pt conversion earlier. Weird for sure.

Here's the highlight video from the game.

Mennecke is now 14-0 as a starter in his high school career and he's just a baller who always seems to find ways to get it done. Play of the game was when they were backed up into their own zone 3rd and long. Mennecke takes the ball 70 yards down the field to set up an eventual TD on the next play. Team speed is high for Neuqua and Oswego seems like they're a playoff team with lots of talent all over the place. Should be interesting to see what happens when they play Batavia at home next week.

#88 is a big time TE and it was obvious, however, Neuqua did a good job with double teams and other schemes to minimize the damage he did.

Agree on the bad play calling. Neuqua had the 3rd and one on the 40ish in the third and instead of running it straight ahead for the first he rolls Mennecke out on a deep trajectory and he gets sacked for a 15 yd loss. Same kinda play call on their 2pt conversion earlier. Weird for sure.
Yup. You may have heard me yelling at the coach on the 3rd and 1 play call. But other than that, Coach E did pretty. well.

Yup. You may have heard me yelling at the coach on the 3rd and 1 play call. But other than that, Coach E did pretty. well.
I just have to shake my head at that call. Driving to go up 29-7 and run that…..smh. Otherwise, I agree. This team will only get better. It’s a good game for both teams to open up with to gauge where they are. They are both playoff teams for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT