ADVERTISEMENT

OPRF @ HC

kitty_bintingot

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
WSC play starts this weekend and HC opens at Dickinson against OPRF. HC coming off a tough loss with a poor offensive performance whereas the OP offense found its rhythm in the second half last Friday after a bad first half. OP turned the ball over 4 times in the first quarter against DGS before rattling off 35 second half points.

WB's pick 6 proved crucial in HC's loss. Likewise OPRF cannot expect to turn the ball over to HC 4+ times and get out with a W.

With OPRF starting a sophomore QB I give the nod to HC. I think HC defense forces the soph QB into some tough spots and gets a couple clutch turnovers, while HC offense continues to struggle against a stout OPRF defense but controls enough clock while cutting out the penalties and turnovers.

HC 17 OPRF 14

What's the board thinking on this one?

The loss to Willowbrook is a hard one to swallow if you're HC especially considering it wasn't even a high scoring affair as WB is not know for their defense. The OPRF offense clearly has some concerns, but also looks like the addressed the issues the same game.

I'm going to go with OPRF due to HC's loss to WB and it not being almost wrestling season.

I’m very interested to hear how this game goes. I was impressed with the OPRF Defense and their QB and RB running threats. To hear that they turned the ball over 4 times AND STILL WON 42-14 is scarier still and speaks to their Defensive prowess.

I say HC in a tight low scoring affair? 21-17? Just a guess though as I have not seen HC in person or on Film.

i Like OPRF 21-10. Defense is just too big and fast for Hinsdale.

Honestly not 100% sold on OPRF yet. HC got upset by a good Willowbrook team, but if HC running back is back and healthy, they are a much improved team.

HC 35 OPRF 28

Loss to Willowbrook really shocked me because the HC team I saw in Week 1 just was very senioe heavy and seemed to just not panic coming from behind in beating NC.....but I know that Luke Skonka didn't play and that's a big loss....I guess that's why I love HS football sometimes things just happen. Also major props to Willowbrook no question

I'm fairly certain that he won't play friday. This was vaguely implied when I predicted that the HC offense will continue to struggle.

Yeah based on what I heard I don't expect him back this season.

This will be a tough one. I think HC pulls out a squeaker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT