ADVERTISEMENT

Opinions on a few games?

Illgold22

Sep 5, 2005
Okay I have marked a few games that for some reason interest me a bit. Hoping to get some predictions and why you think it will turn out that way

1. LW West @ Buffalo Grove HS- personally I like the upset here

2. Minooka @ York

3. Sandburg @ Hinsdale Central

4. Oswego East @ LW East

Reactions: Cross Bones
I think LWW seeing Andrew helps them here since they just had to defend the option attack. From what I hear BG does not throw it much/efficiently. That plays into LWW defense strength. I'm hoping for a good game.

LWE I think should win this one. The offense is starting to find an identity (assuming QB back to full strength). This may be won up front by Griffins rushing attack.

I think LWW seeing Andrew helps them here since they just had to defend the option attack. From what I hear BG does not throw it much/efficiently. That plays into LWW defense strength. I'm hoping for a good game.

LWE I think should win this one. The offense is starting to find an identity (assuming QB back to full strength). This may be won up front by Griffins rushing attack.
LWE will roll OE. I don’t think it will be close

I can't imagine what the kids at Oswego East are going through right now. Really feel the Wolves Community.

Unfortunately agree with USD and they get rolled.
I agree - my heart goes out to them. Perhaps the team is able to channel the emotion and energy into playing an inspired game???

I will only comment for the two games with teams I know.

York's strength this season has been their defense, especially in the run game. A rainy Friday may assist them in that aspect. However, on offense, they want to throw the ball. I was really impressed with their QB, and his ability to extend a play long enough for a receiver to get open. As I know nothing about Minooka, I can't really help. I'm going chalk - York.

HC's strength is also their defense, not allowing a point since early in the 3rd quarter of week 7 York, and coming off consecutive shutouts - albeit, one of those was Proviso West, who had scored 6 points all year at that point. The offense has both struggled at times, and dominated at times throughout the season. I suppose that is somewhat expected with a JR QB, and 3 sophomore starters.

All I know about Sandberg is what I've heard from others, and seen on YouTube. They also have a JR QB, and have a WR who has come on strong in the second half of the season. Their defense is good against the run, but susceptible to the pass, especially when they don't pressure the QB. And the team that lost to Lockport was not the same team that showed up to LWE or Andrews. Their new HC has a great resume, and seems to have the program heading in the right direction.

My feeling is the Sandburg @ HC game is a good match up, and will tell us something about their respective conferences. Of course, I'm going with the Red Devils.

We all know football is a game of momentum. I think we are a year out but wow did Lockport and Sandburg change the momentum of LWE and HF. Of course the book on 2021 hasn’t been finished but a cool development nonetheless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT