ADVERTISEMENT

One week from now

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
I think I am confused about this JCA-Reeters game.

Last, year, I really felt like JCA had the team to beat reeters. To be frank, I was out of the loop and assumed i was being a homer. By game's end, I felt that my sources did not lead me astray, though even they were whispering and not vocalizing their confidence.

This season, Reeter should be the pure favorite. But, there is one...kind of two, really interesting unknowns...

The biggest factor is Kenyatta Williams...he is a star. JCA won state last year without him playing more than a quarter...hurt against Reeters ... know one knows what he is going to bring.

The second factor is JCA's oline. If this unit gets up to speed fast, which they can, JCA has a chance to not only beat Reeters, but go deep. The problem is...it's just hard to know what's going to happen.

I wish I knew...do I...?

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81

Last, year, I really felt like JCA had the team to beat reeters. To be frank, I was out of the loop and assumed i was being a homer. By game's end, I felt that my sources did not lead me astray, though even they were whispering and not vocalizing their confidence.

This season, Reeter should be the pure favorite. But, there is one...kind of two, really interesting unknowns...

The biggest factor is Kenyatta Williams...he is a star. JCA won state last year without him playing more than a quarter...hurt against Reeters ... know one knows what he is going to bring.

The second factor is JCA's oline. If this unit gets up to speed fast, which they can, JCA has a chance to not only beat Reeters, but go deep. The problem is...it's just hard to know what's going to happen.

I wish I knew...do I...?

I think the JCA defense is a bigger question mark than the offense. I think the Hillmen only have three starters back on that side of the ball. Can they get off the field against St. Rita? To me that will be the story.

I wish I knew...do I...?
Same wishes over here on the red and blue side. Talent upgrades all over the place at 77th and Western but how does it all work together and with what kind of results? I have a decent pulse on the Mustangs but heading into a great opener vs a great program, I don’t have a clue what’s going to go down at Doyle Stadium Pat Cronin Field this Friday night.

Im curious to how the defenses play. Heard of a lot of playmakers on both teams offensive side but not much on defensive side....heard Rita lost a big defensive tackle from last years Sophomore team to transfer (McCauley?) and a senior defensive back to Br Rice (Mario Brown). Rita usually has some heavy hitters on D I just haven’t heard much about this years group.

Reactions: JCHILLTOPPERS
Same wishes over here on the red and blue side. Talent upgrades all over the place at 77th and Western but how does it all work together and with what kind of results? I have a decent pulse on the Mustangs but heading into a great opener vs a great program, I don’t have a clue what’s going to go down at Doyle Stadium Pat Cronin Field this Friday night.
This is a great series

Reactions: RockSoup
Im curious to how the defenses play. Heard of a lot of playmakers on both teams offensive side but not much on defensive side....heard Rita lost a big defensive tackle from last years Sophomore team to transfer (McCauley?) and a senior defensive back to Br Rice (Mario Brown). Rita usually has some heavy hitters on D I just haven’t heard much about this years group.
I read through this quick and when I did I thought you said Rita lost a DT transfer to Mother McCauley. Lol after minutes of confusion we are now on the same page.

I think the JCA defense is a bigger question mark than the offense. I think the Hillmen only have three starters back on that side of the ball. Can they get off the field against St. Rita? To me that will be the story.

About the D...that's been a given for a long time. Jaws changing it...but i'm always wait and see.

You are correct. I just do not talk too much transfer talk because teenagers and stuff, plus, every team has them, and St. Rita has also benefited the other way too with Mister in the past. Transfers are just a way of life even when I played in the leather helmet days (3 decades ago). Back then, we probably had 30 seniors of the 90 frosh that started with us.

Those that have stayed are good. How good? Don’t know. DBs should be good but the Callahan group started the last two years so I can’t say how they’ll do. They look good but will they be good? Ends and LBs are the best as a group that I’ve seen in awhile. But again, that’s all projection on my part. D line could surprise on the upside or they can make the LBs chase all night long.

I wish I could give you more McCar but it’s a flip of a coin heading into Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT