ADVERTISEMENT

One man's opinion

Brother Rice maybe top 100?
The top three conferences in the state last year according to IllinoisFootballRatings.com were the Catholic Blue, Green and Orange, in that order. As a 2020 preseason ranking I have Brother Rice 21st and St. Rita 46th.

Lol
But you might be right?
I have no doubt MC, LA and BR will be Top ten. Marist may be just out of top 10 depending on who you ask but with 2 Top D1 Linemen and a talented QB, RB and WR's they are going to be dangerous....SR may have the best player in the State now with Kaleb Brown and a big line to block for him and a D1 WR....they have some holes to fill defensively but they will be top 15.

I think this year's team has the talent and leadership to surprise us. Saw their practice and they have size, speed and attitude. Sure it's only conditioning but Cano is a master at his craft.
Willie Shaw on offense and Myles Jones on defense, the only way you wont surprise people is if you don't do well....but the schedule is a killer with the Blue teams and Hillcrest and Joliet Catholic. They could go 4-5, miss the playoffs and still beat most teams in the top 25.

Where is St Rita? They have the stud RB.
21. Brother Rice
22. Warren
23. Lake Zurich
24. Edwardsville
25. Homewood-Flossmoor
26. Bolingbrook
27. Rolling Meadows
28. Waubonsie Valley
29. Stevenson
30. Naperville Central
31. Simeon
32. Glenbard North
33. Hinsdale Central
34. Neuqua Valley
35. Willowbrook
36. Oswego
37. Niles Notre Dame
38. Huntley
39. Crete-Monee
40. Sacred Heart - Griffin
41. Joliet Catholic
42. Richards
43. South Elgin
44. Hillcrest
45. Forreston
46. St. Rita *****

Reactions: WBWarriorWatcher
21. Brother Rice
22. Warren
23. Lake Zurich
24. Edwardsville
25. Homewood-Flossmoor
26. Bolingbrook
27. Rolling Meadows
28. Waubonsie Valley
29. Stevenson
30. Naperville Central
31. Simeon
32. Glenbard North
33. Hinsdale Central
34. Neuqua Valley
35. Willowbrook
36. Oswego
37. Niles Notre Dame
38. Huntley
39. Crete-Monee
40. Sacred Heart - Griffin
41. Joliet Catholic
42. Richards
43. South Elgin
44. Hillcrest
45. Forreston
46. St. Rita *****

What does ***** mean?

I have no doubt MC, LA and BR will be Top ten. Marist may be just out of top 10 depending on who you ask but with 2 Top D1 Linemen and a talented QB, RB and WR's they are going to be dangerous....SR may have the best player in the State now with Kaleb Brown and a big line to block for him and a D1 WR....they have some holes to fill defensively but they will be top 15.
I personally don't see any way that BR doesn't finish last in the blue. That being said I still think know one wants to see them come playoff time. But I don't see them on the same level as the other 3 this year.

Alexander32, I appreciate you putting this out here. I support the Mustangs of Cascia, and to be honest, I think your rating suggests an underestimation, if you will. And that's fine. I can tell you this: SR's defense is the unknown, because she lost some talent from last year's team and the offense should be awesome. However, if that defense performs adequately, then I think the Mustangs are going to have a great year. If both QB's run when they should run and make some good passes, Cascia will make another run in 5a. Yes, I know: "ifs" and "shoulds," but that's all I got for now.

I think this year's team has the talent and leadership to surprise us. Saw their practice and they have size, speed and attitude. Sure it's only conditioning but Cano is a master at his craft.
Cano is the best in the biz, no question

Willie Shaw on offense and Myles Jones on defense, the only way you wont surprise people is if you don't do well....but the schedule is a killer with the Blue teams and Hillcrest and Joliet Catholic. They could go 4-5, miss the playoffs and still beat most teams in the top 25.
Mr Lausch might have something to say about 4-5

Reactions: dweise and Bowie50
Could not agree more. Marist will be awesome too!
This is Marist's year - loaded on Offense with 7 regulars. Defense has some holes but 6 solid returnees. If they don' do it this year then gonna be tough in future - Jackson is the next IMG candidate

Jackson is the next IMG candidate
Is this your new tact? Wasn't the old one suggesting that Jackson would go to Thornton to be coached by his dad? I admire your perseverance. LOL

Is this your new tact? Wasn't the old one suggesting that Jackson would go to Thornton to be coached by his dad? I admire your perseverance. LOL
Well considering his old man elected not to coach @ Thornton that move left the table. But per the post this is their make or break yr. They're loaded this yr with Marsh, Archer, Hill, Schultz, Coogan, etc

He’s 5’10 and doesn’t have a lot of D-1 offers yet, I don’t think he’s on IMG radar. Plus after flip flopping with Miskell they gave him a chance to be QB1 last season and it didn’t click and was on the bench at the end of the season and during their impressive playoff run. He’s got talent, not denying it, let’s see how he does this year with nobody challenging him for the spot . But I think IMG is a longshot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT