Athletics/Activities/Football Head Coach
  • Date Posted:
    4/2/2019
  • Date Available:
    2019/2020 School Year
  • Closing Date:
    04/16/2019 Description:
    see attached

Perhaps he realized that losing to a public 3A school was a real possibility this fall and got out before suffering such a result...

Of course, daily travel to Indiana would probably drive just about anyone to quit the afterschool position. The amount of semi-truck traffic on two lane roads in Kankakee County, avoiding the I-80 traffic overload, warrants expansion of those roads to four lanes. There is no 4 lane road connecting I-57 to I-65 between Rt. 30 and Champaign...

Reactions: Gene K.
Oak Lawn/Wilmington in Week 2 after neighboring Evergreen Park/Wilmington in the opener are interesting pairings in the same season.

I am intrigued by these matchups. I'm not sure either team really benefits here. I know its hard for Wilmington to find non-conference games but surely there has to be better choices for them to schedule.

I am intrigued by these matchups. I'm not sure either team really benefits here. I know its hard for Wilmington to find non-conference games but surely there has to be better choices for them to schedule.
Regarding Wilmington vs Evergreen Park, in '18 the latter qualified for the 5A playoffs at 5-4 aided by 2 forfeits including one of a bizarre variety in Week 9 shortly after actually losing the game on the field. They went on to win 2 games supposedly on the strength of elevating a few freshmen from a strong class including a Cam Newton-type QB.

Regarding Wilmington vs Evergreen Park, in '18 the latter qualified for the 5A playoffs at 5-4 aided by 2 forfeits including one of a bizarre variety in Week 9 shortly after actually losing the game on the field. They went on to win 2 games supposedly on the strength of elevating a few freshmen from a strong class including a Cam Newton-type QB.

Not trying to knock them, I only know what I saw on the IHSA playoff information of last year. I'm sure it will be a competitive game. If Wilmo has a down year like they did last year I'm sure they could get it handed to them. If they are a traditional Wilmo team, then they should be just fine.

I just meant that you don't really get to see where you stack up against schools of your own size by playing one with no common opponents. I'd still rather play them then look for a cupcake from 3A. I also wouldn't mind playing a power school from 2A. I have thought for years that the better teams in 2A could do quite well in 3A.

Reactions: Gene K.
Seen the frosh QB at Evergreen Park play against Montini. Pretty good athletic but you need to surround him with other good players. I think Wilmington will handle them.

We shall see. That is why they play the game. Any updates on OL in regards to who is interviewing and such. I mean it is real late in the game.

Perhaps he realized that losing to a public 3A school was a real possibility this fall and got out before suffering such a result...

Of course, daily travel to Indiana would probably drive just about anyone to quit the afterschool position. The amount of semi-truck traffic on two lane roads in Kankakee County, avoiding the I-80 traffic overload, warrants expansion of those roads to four lanes. There is no 4 lane road connecting I-57 to I-65 between Rt. 30 and Champaign...
I have no idea where he might live in Indiana and maybe you do.
With that said, if he was actually driving around in Kankakee County after leaving Oak Lawn on his way to Indiana he might want to figure out a better route.

Reactions: mullin17

Evergreen won 3 regular season games last season on the field and made the 5a quarters.

I have no idea where he might live in Indiana and maybe you do.
With that said, if he was actually driving around in Kankakee County after leaving Oak Lawn on his way to Indiana he might want to figure out a better route.

If he lives Crown Point/St. John area or further south, avoiding I-80 for a two lane is faster...Peotone-Beecher blacktop, the E-W main route in southeastern Will County, turns into a gravel/tar & chip road at the state line, yet is still a way faster route than I-80 95% of the time if you are going to St. John...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT