ADVERTISEMENT

O’Fallon Hosed by Officials

Did he argue with the Refs on the call?
I don't know what he said, but the oths coaches were having a discussion with multiple refs after their 2nd down play. I assumed it was about the down. At that point though it's not much to argue, it's not like they have video review

I don't know what he said, but the oths coaches were having a discussion with multiple refs after their 2nd down play. I assumed it was about the down. At that point though it's not much to argue, it's not like they have video review
The strange thing is that in the paper, the O'Fallon coach said “We called that play thinking it was third down,” Gettis said. “We will look at the film and go from there.” That kind of insinuates that they chose their final play, thinking that it was the 3rd down and may have chosen a different play for a 4th down. That would mean that they didn't know about the mistake until the end.

Reactions: vfl05
Is it possible that the line-to-gain was at the, say, 9 and the DPI got them half the distance, but not the first?

Is it possible that the line-to-gain was at the, say, 9 and the DPI got them half the distance, but not the first?
No. The dpi was on a 2nd and 10 where the LOS was the 32. The dpi resulted in a 1st and 10 from the 17.

Reactions: ignazio
A down was in fact lost. Second down was NEVER played. Started with the Down Box operator routinely flipping box to the next down BEFORE moving to the succeeding spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT