STEVENSON 24 LAKE FOREST 13
WARREN TWP 54 MUNDELEIN 7
ZION BENTON 31 WAUKEGAN 0

NEXT WEEK
LAKE FOREST @ LAKE ZURICH
MUNDELEIN @ LIBERTYVILLE
WARREN TWP @ WAUKEGAN
ZION BENTON @ STEVENSON

Tough losses for Libertyville this year... I know Lake Forest has injuries but they need to pick it up with Lake Zurich and Warren coming up. You don't want this to come down to a do-or-die Week 9.

Reactions: BIGR79 and MIKEFTB
I think Warren wins out the rest of the way....Warren and LZ have a common upcoming opponent and that's Lake Forest who I think both will defeat

Reactions: WIU78
Lake Forest (4-2) got their "must win" when they beat Libertyville. That gave them the cushion they need to survive this three-week losing streak vs. Stevenson, Lake Zurich and Warren.
Week 9 for the Scouts is a home game vs. Mundelein in what will be a battle of 4-4 teams that Lake Forest will win.
Libertyville at 3-3 is also good as they have Mundelein and Zion-Benton still to get to 5 wins. Stevenson is 4-2 and has Zion-Benton and Waukegan still so they are a 6-win team at worst.
This is going to be straight out of the textbook this year for the North Suburban Conference.
Warren and Lake Zurich are at the top, and Stevenson, Lake Forest & Libertyville will qualify for the postseason by reaching at least five wins.
That's five teams out of the 8 in the league that will advance.
Since this 8-team formation started in 2016 (including this year and the short 2020 season), here's how Mundelein, Zion-Benton and Waukegan have fared in the NSC.
Mundelein is 11-5 vs. Wauk/ZB and 1-35 vs. the other 5 teams.
Waukegan is 0-16 vs. Mund/ZB and 0-36 vs. the other 5 teams.
Zion_Benton. is 13-3 vs. Mund/Wauk and 3-33 vs. the other 5 teams.

Reactions: MIKEFTB
For 6 NSC teams to get in:

Mundelein beats Libertyville
Lake Forest beats Mundelein
Libertyville beats Stevenson

It's not impossible.

Reactions: MIKEFTB
For 6 NSC teams to get in:

Mundelein beats Libertyville
Lake Forest beats Mundelein
Libertyville beats Stevenson

It's not impossible.
I’m terms of technically being possible, you are correct.
It is also technically possible that Mt. Carmel, Lincoln-Way East and Lena-Winslow will all lose in Week 7.
If nothing else, libertyville can make playoffs by beating Mundelein at home and Zion-Benton.
Or they can make the playoffs by beating Stevendon and Zion-Benton.
All is possible. What is more probable?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT