WARREN TWP 34 LAKE FOREST 0

NEXT WEEK
MUNDELEIN @ LAKE FOREST
STEVENSON @ LIBERTYVILLE
WARREN TWP @ ZION BENTON
WAUKEGAN @ LAKE ZURICH

Last edited:
The "no surprises" NSC weekend.
That is every weekend. There are 28 conference games in a season and you can guarantee results in all but:
Warren vs lake Zurich
Stevenson vs Libertyville
Stevenson vs. Lake Forest
Libertyville vs Lake Forest
This is as close to a textbook league as you can find in this state.
28 games total and the crystal ball can predict 24 of them in July.
Week 9:
Warren to win over whoever they play
Lake Zurich to win over whoever they play
Lake Forest to win over whoever they play.
Stevenson vs Libertyville a tossup with both teams already at 5 wins.

Reactions: MIKEFTB
That is every weekend. There are 28 conference games in a season and you can guarantee results in all but:
Warren vs lake Zurich
Stevenson vs Libertyville
Stevenson vs. Lake Forest
Libertyville vs Lake Forest
This is as close to a textbook league as you can find in this state.
28 games total and the crystal ball can predict 24 of them in July.
Week 9:
Warren to win over whoever they play
Lake Zurich to win over whoever they play
Lake Forest to win over whoever they play.
Stevenson vs Libertyville a tossup with both teams already at 5 wins.
Yes..rinse and repeat. I was kind of surprised at Libertyville didn't score more against ZB but I heard the Zee Bee's field turned into kind of a quagmire from the rain . I went up to watch Downers Grove North play there many years ago and I couldn't believe how big the mosquitoes were..I thought this has to be the nearby nuclear plant effect!

Yes..rinse and repeat. I was kind of surprised at Libertyville didn't score more against ZB but I heard the Zee Bee's field turned into kind of a quagmire from the rain . I went up to watch Downers Grove North play there many years ago and I couldn't believe how big the mosquitoes were..I thought this has to be the nearby nuclear plant effect!
Surprise in Zion Benton is that football is fading and that boys basketball has been a train wreck since Covid in February of 2020. Big school not competitive in either major sport.

Zee bees have a brand new turf field. So if a quagmire they have bigger worries

Surprise in Zion Benton is that football is fading and that boys basketball has been a train wreck since Covid in February of 2020. Big school not competitive in either major sport.
Is there less and less residual athleticism in the halls, bad coaching or covert Warren / overt Carmel recruiting?

Was that around 2000? I think I covered that game for the local paper. Wasn't a very good game.

The Zion freshmen are very good. They beat Lake Zurich 12-0, Libertyville 32-0, Lake Forest 34-0 and lost to Stevenson 13-6. So good for them.

Last I checked, the Mundelein sophomores were having a good season too.

Was that around 2000? I think I covered that game for the local paper. Wasn't a very good game.

The Zion freshmen are very good. They beat Lake Zurich 12-0, Libertyville 32-0, Lake Forest 34-0 and lost to Stevenson 13-6. So good for them.

Zee bees have a brand new turf field. So if a quagmire they have bigger worries

Only going by what I read on a discussion forum on another site. You know how reliable that is. I think it had more to do with heavy rain that was going on last night.

Reactions: big daddy looch

Yes. Late 90s it was rhe first game of the season

Hit nail on head with option #3!
Not sure recruiting is happening. But parents like sending their kids to good academic schools and kids like playing for winning & well coached program's that send kids to the next level. I do not see that narrative changing anytime soon. Warren is the dominant program in NSC. One should applaud Warren for making itself a high level winning program over the last several years.

Not sure recruiting is happening. But parents like sending their kids to good academic schools and kids like playing for winning & well coached program's that send kids to the next level. I do not see that narrative changing anytime soon. Warren is the dominant program in NSC. One should applaud Warren for making itself a high level winning program over the last several years.
Keep playing dumb Micah, you are a good soldier for the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT