ADVERTISEMENT

Not Good So Far

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
Sox not looking very good at the plate vs Houston. And if the Astros beat Lynn, it will be a short series.

Astros always beat Lynn, They can't play much worse than yesterday. Only need to win one in Houston.
Yep, the Yankees made the same mistake in pitching Gerrit Cole in Fenway. He was atrocious there.

I was actually surprised Lynn got the start over Giolito, who has pitched well against the Astros. Lynn is a grinder, no doubt. I saw him pitch in Detroit on July 2nd. But, it wasn't easy sitting there watching his pitch count go so high and grinding with every single hitter. That was a long game.

The thing that really bothers me is this. All I hear from pretty much everyone is, "let's see what happens." or "we'll do our best." WTF is that? NO! You're are there to win. Not "do you best." Hell, I expect them to do their best. I am sorry but that attitude bothers me. The Sox have talent. But I think they are the weakest team in the AL playoffs. And they are weaker than the Yankees too. They haven't shown me they can beat good teams.

I wouldn't put Garcia or Sheets in the lineup today. They both looked clueless at the plate yesterday. And Engel wasn't much better. If they win today, great. But if that happens they better also win games 3 and 4. In my eyes they simply aren't ready for Primetime.

I'm always worried in the playoffs, because for the most part the best team doesn't win, the hottest team does. They are the best team in baseball at home, so of course they need to win those games. Beating a good team in June, means nothing to me in October. Catcher defense has been my biggest playoff fear and that was blatantly obvious yesterday. They are set up pretty well today if Gio can get through five and keep it close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT