ADVERTISEMENT

No Complaints Here

capnbillhitters

Gold Member
May 18, 2015
Does it look like there is an outside shot at LWE at Duchon in Quarters?

Not looking ahead but just playing out different scenarios.

This will be a fun bracket.

Fast and loose - but, maybe not disciplined or as some here would rather say, poorly coached.

They have the athletes to be dangerous.

Last night, per the BND:
The Maroons (6-3, 5-2 Southwestern Conference) limited Belleville East to just seven points, the Lancers’ lowest total of the season. The Lancers scored 13 and 18 in earlier season losses to Chaminade and East St. Louis, respectively.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article180141751.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: RockSoup

If Oswego East and NN win, then LWE travels for week 12 (assuming GW wins, too). I think I have that right.

If Oswego East and NN win, then LWE travels for week 12 (assuming GW wins, too). I think I have that right.

That is the scenario I was playing with but things changed when they moved Eville into the 25 hole. Round 1 at Duchon with Eville is maybe a little different than Bloom but what do I know?

I apologize Cap'n, I forgot that you had loosened your odds, so the long shot results last night now make more sense.

Using Betting Talk website for converting point spreads to Odds, the new calculation for probability of at least one team from NV, WV, DGS and Z-B winning tonight is:
1-(.426*.703*.950*703)= 78.7% probability.

Reactions: MWittman
That Batavia loss last night was costly. Tough route through the DVC in first two rounds.

Hey @NNFAN, how you feeling about Oswego? Thinking a visit to Naperville might be a barn burner if we get there.

In the illustrious words of Mr. Horse, "No Sir, I don't like it"

H-F in rd 2?

Can you explain to me how GW became 8A? I thought they'd be in 7A? Just curious.

Rather than be an ahole and post childish I-told-you-so’s I will give you a factual answer.

Soucie believed NV would win at home against GN. When they didn’t win, they didn’t qualify which made GW the 32nd largest school to get enough wins plus opponents victories.

The projections were based on probabilities and the probabilities did not play out toward the likely event. Instead, the long odds came in.

Rather than be an ahole and post childish I-told-you-so’s I will give you a factual answer.

Soucie believed NV would win at home against GN. When they didn’t win, they didn’t qualify which made GW the 32nd largest school to get enough wins plus opponents victories.

The projections were based on probabilities and the probabilities did not play out toward the likely event. Instead, the long odds came in.

Thanks for the response. It seemed Souce was fairly confident that GW would be in 7A. Good luck to the Hitters in 8A. I know Rita will have a very tough road.

I know Soucie has to make educated fcsts on future games and usually goes with the team that is favored when doing so - but that said GBN has had NVs number ever since the expanded 9 team DVC began playing.

Call it NV kryptonite or some other weird anomaly - but NV has not beaten GBN in the 3 years of the 9 team DVC. Not even last year with their DVC co champion team (they got beat 35-14). I personally thought a NV win was far from assured and even more tenuous than a coin flip. I'm not saying GBN is better than NV (far from it) it's just that some wierd VooDoo is going on between those two teams (that will go away when the split happens next year).

Just to confirm - A NV win wasn't the sole component to keep GBW in 7A correct? Lots of other stuff could have happened (WV win, one of the Downers etc etc.) correct?

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but it is possible to see Willowbrook-PR in week 12, too. Willowbrook is my dark horse this year. But, mustn't look too far ahead.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but it is possible to see Willowbrook-PR in week 12, too. Willowbrook is my dark horse this year. But, mustn't look too far ahead.

The only hijacking going on here is one child trying to get someone to pay attention to him.

This thread is about being excited to get the playoffs started and getting the juices flowing about all the fun matchups ahead. I was a big fan of that WB RB/LB Jessen and would love to see them match up with PR. They might be able to plug up the PR offense but they will need to stop Superman from getting to the edge.

Reactions: chuck998
Cap'n,

You have been a good sport and I want to make it up to you.
Let's meet up at the first home playoff game I will buy you a beer from the concession stand.

The only hijacking going on here is one child trying to get someone to pay attention to him.

This thread is about being excited to get the playoffs started and getting the juices flowing about all the fun matchups ahead. I was a big fan of that WB RB/LB Jessen and would love to see them match up with PR. They might be able to plug up the PR offense but they will need to stop Superman from getting to the edge.

You could be correct regarding needing to stop Superman from getting to the edge, but I think he does an awful lot of damage with that QB run up the middle. He runs straight ahead on that play, and that is when I think he is most dangerous. I think it is safer to make him (like most good runners) run east and west. He still needs to turn his shoulders when he gets to the edge in order to then run straight ahead. That run he does off either side of the center already has him going straight ahead and near full speed.

You could be correct regarding needing to stop Superman from getting to the edge, but I think he does an awful lot of damage with that QB run up the middle. He runs straight ahead on that play, and that is when I think he is most dangerous. I think it is safer to make him (like most good runners) run east and west. He still needs to turn his shoulders when he gets to the edge in order to then run straight ahead. That run he does off either side of the center already has him going straight ahead and near full speed.

What a joke! Watch the film again. The field rotates under his feet. His shoulders are always square and he's always going full speed. Mortals have to turn their shoulders on edge runs, not Superman! (How'd I do?)

Just to confirm - A NV win wasn't the sole component to keep GBW in 7A correct? Lots of other stuff could have happened (WV win, one of the Downers etc etc.) correct?

Yeah, I was one of those folks that thought GW would end up in 7A.
7A would have been my preference vs 8A for a chance to beat MC again.

Last edited:
What a joke! Watch the film again. The field rotates under his feet. His shoulders are always square and he's always going full speed. Mortals have to turn their shoulders on edge runs, not Superman! (How'd I do?)

Kudos, Soup. You did great! I was only trying to make him seem mortal for some of the less refined posters on here who still think he is. Sometimes greatness is hard for some people to accept.

Kudos, Soup. You did great! I was only trying to make him seem mortal for some of the less refined posters on here who still think he is. Sometimes greatness is hard for some people to accept.
Hey Hinter! Were you suggesting that I am am one of the less refined because I suggested he might be human in my post a couple weeks ago ? I was unable to make it to the DC vs. PR game on Friday so I don’t know if he is back to form. I also haven’t figured out if you’re a PR fan, dad, alum or no relation.
I’m not trying to antagonize. I’m new here and I’m just trying to figure out who people are behind their masks.

Reactions: flymiko
That Batavia loss last night was costly. Tough route through the DVC in first two rounds.

Hey @NNFAN, how you feeling about Oswego? Thinking a visit to Naperville might be a barn burner if we get there.
I don't feel good about anything.

I dunno. Massey and calpreps both think you guys beat Oswego, but let’s no reopen that can of worms. Best of luck to you guys. Hoping we see you in Round 2.

Reactions: chuck998
I dunno. Massey and calpreps both think you guys beat Oswego, but let’s no reopen that can of worms. Best of luck to you guys. Hoping we see you in Round 2.
Has Massey or calpreps attended any of our games? I think not. Are they aware we lost our gamebreaking RB? Nope. They suck.

Has Massey or calpreps attended any of our games? I think not. Are they aware we lost our gamebreaking RB? Nope. They suck.

I am really sorry about the lost RB. I had missed that in other threads, my apologies. Good luck in Oswego, still hoping you guys play well.

Reactions: NNFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT