ADVERTISEMENT

No big surprise...

I've always said that Herscher is the best small town baseball program in the state. It's nice to see them take down the big bad Catholics in .... Wait .... Baseball? Ugh. Who cares? Play them in football.

This post was edited on 5/30 12:33 PM by Vikes76

Beat one private school lose the sectional title game - at home, to another. Funny, didn't see you post after Ottawa Marquette won at your pace today. Hmm, interesting.
uzi.r191677.gif

Funny, saw 3 private school guys wetting themselves after we lost to Mac in a meaningless regular season game, nowhere to be found after we beat then in the post season..

Tough loss yesterday, spotted them 7 before we had any outs in the second, kids battled back, had chances in 6th and 7th... Good year, 29-10, conference champs, regional champs... And a team that lost all 8 position players and top 2 pitchers from 2013.. Had a legit chance to win state title, didn't work out

HHs:

You're really gonna beat your chest in beating Bishop Mac 2-0? Bishop Mac sucks in baseball. You may be a big fish in a small pond but that's all you are. Get a grip on reality.

I can tell you are one of those guys that thinks his school of 3000 kids is better than a school of 300 and beats his chest about it..

Originally posted by HHSTigerFan:
I can tell you are one of those guys that thinks his school of 3000 kids is better than a school of 300 and beats his chest about it..
When did I say my school had 3000 kids? When was I beating my chest about ANY wins? Nevermind to smaller schools. Name ONE win I beat my chest about. I will wait for you to respond to that.

You still need to get a grip on reality.

Funny, saw 3 private school guys wetting themselves after we lost to Mac in a meaningless regular season game

You mean the way you're wetting yourself right now? That way?

If a few people didn't get their panties wet after Mac beat us, I would have never mentioned us beating them last week in the sectional.. Of course those 3 people have kept quiet this time..

Mac baseball doesn't suck at the 2A level, gave us all we wanted and have good young talent coming up..

Being a regional champ is no big deal these days. Just need to win two games. (perhaps 3 in a 5 -team regional), between 20% -25% of teams are regional champs.

So by someone's definition, a program that's better than 75%-80% of the others sucks??? Interesting....

Mac baseball doesn't suck at the 2A level, gave us all we wanted and have good young talent coming up..
Then 2A baseball must be very weak if Bishop Mac is better than most teams at that level.

Our 3A regional last year was weaker than our 2A regional this year..
Thats because the IHSA puts the 4 best team in that sectional into the same regional every year.

Looking at the 3A field, I bet Bishop Mac beats about half the teams... and they "suck".... What's that make the 3A field??

Good lord, the stupidity here and made me defend Mac???

So out of about 160 teams in 3A, you think only about 20 are better than Herscher and Mac?? Yet those two schools suck and 3A baseball is great??

This year Morris beat Herscher by 2, kid that only threw about 7 innings this year took the loss.. We have played them last 15 years, always close games, bet series is within a few games, no idea who has won more.. Is that not able to hold their jock??

Played Champaign Cent, beat us 7-2, but that was a split squad game, half our team was playing elsewhere, didn't exactly kill half our guys..

Montini beat the 7th place I-8 team 3-2... But the 1st place I-8 team couldn't hold their jock??

We used to play Mahomet until 2 years ago, they dropped us after we beat them 7 straight.. Couldn't hold their jock either??

Now you are right, some of those teams would crush us most days, but 3A baseball is very top heavy...

Bremen lost to 2A Olympia 6-1.... They beat Joliet Central 9-7, Herscher beat JC 13-0...

Good 2A teams couldn't carry their jocks either??

Speaking of 2A baseball... Last night Ottawa Marquette kid throws a no hitter vs Westmont at the Lisle Super, but Westmont wins 2-0..

Speaking of 2A baseball... Last night Ottawa Marquette kid throws a no hitter vs Westmont at the Lisle Super, but Westmont wins 2-0..
Westmont looked really solid against us in the Sectional Semi. The SS Charlie Donovan was really good, but I was actually more impressed with his brother Joe Donovan, who is their freshmen cathcer. Westmont played us in summer league last year and they seemed like really good people over there. I am hoping that they can take home the title.

Makes us losing to Marquette an even tougher pill to swallow, that 2A tournament was very winnable for us...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT