ADVERTISEMENT

New Lenox WATCH

The Outfit

Dec 15, 2015
Outlook at the Emerald Isle, Warrior land and Knights?
I hear depth is the big problem on the far west end of rt. 30. If Cogzie can stay healthy a run to the semi's isnt out of the question.
Can the Glenbard east clone (LW central) continue building its program or has the hooplah and leading state in high 5's and chest bumps faded into obscurity?
What about West? high profile transfer in help the over all athleticism and give the Warriors an opportunity to compete with the GRIFFS?

Who doesnt love the anticipation?

I heard lower level coaching changes havent happened because of lack of interest at a number of schools.

The Outfit

I already like you with that description of lwc. The amount of staff overhaul already under that coach is alarming. Yes, hooplah is fading and us in Knight land are growing tired.

Don't think west has any chance to compete with East, although knowing Ernst he will have his boys ready to give a full effort. New transfer from Rita is supposed to be real deal. I've heard west will be exciting on defense but offense may have trouble putting up scores consistently. West has a monster of a schedule, Central has a bit softer one.

I already like you with that description of lwc. The amount of staff overhaul already under that coach is alarming. Yes, hooplah is fading and us in Knight land are growing tired.

Don't think west has any chance to compete with East, although knowing Ernst he will have his boys ready to give a full effort. New transfer from Rita is supposed to be real deal. I've heard west will be exciting on defense but offense may have trouble putting up scores consistently. West has a monster of a schedule, Central has a bit softer one.
Who transferred in from Rita?

Reactions: Eringobragh
Hasn’t LWC beat LWW the last couple of years? I think West should worry about beating Central first. I too live in the area and feel the programs are fine, and to be fair, I think it’s harder to assemble a quality football staff than many may think.

Reactions: PowerI66
Hasn’t LWC beat LWW the last couple of years? I think West should worry about beating Central first. I too live in the area and feel the programs are fine, and to be fair, I think it’s harder to assemble a quality football staff than many may think.

Agree
Other than when East & Central split their 1st year I don’t think Central has beat East since. We will see where West ranks in the Lincoln Way order when they play East this year. My money is on East hands down. That said it is HS so who knows on any given Friday night.

Go Griffins!

Agree
Other than when East & Central split their 1st year I don’t think Central has beat East since. We will see where West ranks in the Lincoln Way order when they play East this year. My money is on East hands down. That said it is HS so who knows on any given Friday night.

Go Griffins!
With East having 1,000 more students than West and some 800 more than Central, the Griffins SHOULD be the victors. I know in many cases enrollment differentials are meaningless, but not in this same school district demographic instance.

Nowak is a very solid player (I see him as a SS-FS type) - I think he would have played Varsity as a Soph at Rita as well

Transfer eh?

Anyways. We've never played West. Gotta get them on the schedule.

With East having 1,000 more students than West and some 800 more than Central, the Griffins SHOULD be the victors. I know in many cases enrollment differentials are meaningless, but not in this same school district demographic instance.

I will give the coaches credit they have been doing this for almost 20 years. East even dropped down to 7A after the openings LWN & West and still has not skipped a beat regardless of the loss of enrollment.

I agree with mr speed. Nowak’s brother was a complete beast. Not sure why the brain trust @ central didn’t let him do his thing. He was a Earl Campbell type. Strong and in your face running back. He was slated to replace Warfield. Younger brother is complete opposite. Tall and fast as there is. From what I know it was a big loss not keeping older brother as it destroyed their chances of getting much more athletic younger one.

Game changer? Not sure. I always believed your only as good as your offensive line. West defin has a lot to prove with a bear of a schedule esp with week 9 at East. The schedule will def have them playoff ready.

Would love to see them play the Emerald Isle! A loss to West could be the nail in the coffin against the Celtics in future recruiting wars.

I agree with mr speed. Nowak’s brother was a complete beast. Not sure why the brain trust @ central didn’t let him do his thing. He was a Earl Campbell type. Strong and in your face running back. He was slated to replace Warfield. Younger brother is complete opposite. Tall and fast as there is. From what I know it was a big loss not keeping older brother as it destroyed their chances of getting much more athletic younger one.

Game changer? Not sure. I always believed your only as good as your offensive line. West defin has a lot to prove with a bear of a schedule esp with week 9 at East. The schedule will def have them playoff ready.

Would love to see them play the Emerald Isle! A loss to West could be the nail in the coffin against the Celtics in future recruiting wars.

Football Track people dive in here, he's 12th fastest on the list. Maybe game tape can show otherwise. Wilson is on this list, I believe he has a NU offer

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/EventRecords.aspx?SchoolID=16233

hearing rumors of discord in Central- I have never been one of rumors but evidence sited in the constant turnover of coaches. The LWC parents seem pretty knowledgeable from the observations during game days. In coaches defense though those parents arent at practice thru the summer and during prep. Scouting reports though with an emphasis on high fives and chest bumps dont win games as compared to other HS scouting reports that breakdown tendancy based on down and distance, formation and field position. I have seen these. I just wondered and thought how unfair to those kids taking the field that rhetoric takes the place of data!

East has to have the edge in coaching. We know they have the kids but you never see a chink in their armour. Defensively they ALWAYS align properly and I cant tell you the last time I have seen them take a time out defensively to properly align. Defense is when you should use your time outs too except when to kick a winning field goal!

It's also heard that the QB controversy at the land of Green is non existent. Conway is the man not Malinowski who is strictly a defensive player. Funny how they can keep the ball out of the hands of the senior! If one kid doesnt perform do they make the switch? Out of all the positions they lack depth at QB isnt one of them

East, West and PC is how I would rank the local hotbed of coaching staffs.

Dark horse with biggest turn around this year? Lockport. Czart I am sure will attract top notch assistance and be in the running before we know it.

At LW Central, I feel the relative "gimmick" natures of both their offensive and defensive base schemes tend to put a ceiling upon program achievement. Don't get me wrong, they have done decently the last few years with results many schools would be happy with, but that next level seems elusive for the Knights, given what they do on both sides of the ball.

THey’re the Glenbard West Clone. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Sadly often never replicated as the real deal

You must mean Glenbard Central. Lot of chatter about them since they picked up a high-profile transfer from a certain rival. Kid is getting some looks from some Power 5s.

Anyone know who is assisting Czart @ Lockport?
any new coordinators at local schools?

I wonder if Lueck @ JT West is going to get things on the right track. He was an assistant under Bill Wienke long ago and left to go to Leyden and then the HC @ York. Why leave York for JT West?

Rumor has it bubble gum and duct tape holding things together on East and West sides of RT 30
(Pc and lwc).

What about Schedules for the NL schools? Non conf for the mighty griffs? Ultimate respect for what “Z” has done.

Anyone know who is assisting Czart @ Lockport?
While Head Coach @ LW North, Coach Czart seemed comfortable turning the offense over to a trusted assistant. Earlier in his tenure there, double-wing with strong option component was in play, but they morphed some later given the presence of Hylton and then Branch. Lockport should return their starting QB, who is probably flying under every one's radar now, but could become a legitimate, versatile threat on the ground and in the air. This could dictate their approach on that side of the ball this season? Defensively, as a rule George has a system he has historically favored, so I would suspect his deep involvement with that install. After WW South in Week 2, they face all three of LWE, H-F and Bolingbrook from their conference during a later 4-week period.

While Head Coach @ LW North, Coach Czart seemed comfortable turning the offense over to a trusted assistant. Earlier in his tenure there, double-wing with strong option component was in play, but they morphed some later given the presence of Hylton and then Branch. Lockport should return their starting QB, who is probably flying under every one's radar now, but could become a legitimate, versatile threat on the ground and in the air. This could dictate their approach on that side of the ball this season? Defensively, as a rule George has a system he has historically favored, so I would suspect his deep involvement with that install. After WW South in Week 2, they face all three of LWE, H-F and Bolingbrook from their conference during a later 4-week period.

Little history lesson- Czart was OC @ Providence late 80’s until he took over as DC in 1991. Obviously his defensive prowess showed as DC @ Lockport. Prob the same split hawk defense he has favored through the years

I think you’ll see more zone running scheme offensively with a 1-3 step passing game per his Millikan influence with Poelker during his playing days.

Not sure who he has on staff but he will make them better by example!

As commented on the Evanston thread, West has a real shot of not making playoffs this year with that schedule. Would be first time in awhile. They have to try and start 2-0 against tough Hersey and Evanston teams. Should pencil in wins vs Stagg and Andrew...losses to East, HF, toss up with Central and Sandburg. Going 0-2 would be a backbreaker.

As commented on the Evanston thread, West has a real shot of not making playoffs this year with that schedule. Would be first time in awhile. They have to try and start 2-0 against tough Hersey and Evanston teams. Should pencil in wins vs Stagg and Andrew...losses to East, HF, toss up with Central and Sandburg. Going 0-2 would be a backbreaker.
Is Andrew not better than Sandburg now? Sandburg really struggled the past two years from the games I saw.

As commented on the Evanston thread, West has a real shot of not making playoffs this year with that schedule.They have to try and start 2-0 against tough Hersey and Evanston teams. Should pencil in wins vs Stagg and Andrew...
Is Andrew not better than Sandburg now? Sandburg really struggled the past two years from the games I saw.
Be reminded that only a failed 2-point attempt at game's end stood between Andrew taking down LW West in Week 9 last season, 14-13. The T-Bolts have a couple kids with the kind of speed that made it to the finals at State Track Meet last May in both relay and individual events.

Reactions: SWsuburbs4
interesting comment from Ernst and Cordell in the paper today. Less is more from the model of coaches and Ernst reminds me of the Frodo Baggins. I say that with the utmost respect. anyone who is a lover of the Tolkien would know that the little hobbits are the bravest and resilient of middle earth.

West starting 5 sophs? a receiver and rb getting D1 looks? Guess it will all come down to OL play. 5 sophs though is A LOT! must be quite a class. What position are these kids? If they are OL thats a monumental task to get those kids ready to play at that level with out an incredible OL coach

What does LWC have coming back?
Just a thought to chew on and wonder:
If West closed who would get the nod at Central . Would Ernst tyrannical obsession with the sport outweigh the flashy smile and community friendly of high 5's and chest bumps? Obviously Cordell has the record against West while Ernst has an appearance in the big dance and playoff runs.

fun to speculate.

Interesting development now in LWC....athletic director is out, nothing reported or reasons given. Website shows a interim AD and interim asst AD now.

The Outfit-I’m curious if you are a former poster with a new name? Something about your posts seem familiar.

Reactions: penlight
I love this forum having been a member since the earliest beginnings. Origins of multiple screen names has its own thread doesnt it? Please Mr MS lets stick to the topics per thread

I love this forum having been a member since the earliest beginnings. Origins of multiple screen names has its own thread doesnt it? Please Mr MS lets stick to the topics per thread
Sounds good. I will wait for your reply over there.

Hearing the actual dollar amount is much, much lower but yeah...here we go again...

If its the boosters money that is involved then yes it should be lower. They get the revenue from concession sales not ticket sales. I know how the process is supposed to work, I was the treasurer at LWE boosters back in the day...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT