ADVERTISEMENT

New: 20 Minutes podcast with Steve Soucie

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Steve and I take on the entire IHSA Football landscape, the impact of today's TRO against the IHSA defeated in court along with eyeing more towards Spring football

Subscribe to the EDGY Nation today, and the Nation fans get first listen always

Alright, fall football is off the table. IF a spring season is held, it seems like trying to shoehorn in any form of post-season would be driving a square peg into a round hole. More importantly, however, I doubt it could produce an equitable situation across all programs to allow the most kids the chance to play the most games. For the health of the sport and maximum play for the athletes, go 8 or 9 games regular season period, declare a champion in your current conference and fit in a non-con or two as needed. I could see a very contentious and complicated process in trying to construct a post-season. And for those worried about revenue streams for the IHSA without playoffs, maybe it is time to consider "re-imagining" the administration of HS athletics as it pertains to this organization? They should not shoulder the entire blame of how we got to this point, but I would be interested in how their performance would be graded by the stakeholders in this matter. I'm thinking not many As or Bs.

Reactions: EdgyTim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT