ADVERTISEMENT

Neuqua - 14 LWE - 17 Final

So what actually happened? To much bickering to understand what you guys are talking about. 😂
QB was running/scrambling upfield and while sliding was drilled by multiple defenders. No penalties called on the hit but NV players were called for unsportsmanlike after the play for I assume screaming at the refs. I couldn’t tell if the defenders went high or were late in real time but man he got popped and was clearly woozy when he finally got up.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
QB was running/scrambling upfield and while sliding was drilled by multiple defenders. No penalties called on the hit but NV players were called for unsportsmanlike after the play for I assume screaming at the refs. I couldn’t tell if the defenders went high or were late in real time but man he got popped and was clearly woozy when he finally got up.
Didn’t see it but did the hit occur as he was sliding or before the slide? If he got hit while sliding that’s a penalty.

Reactions: corey90
If the QB was sliding and was hit that will result in a penalty. Once the QB starts his slide he is considered defenseless. I wasn’t at the game so I don’t know what happened.

Didn’t see it but did the hit occur as he was sliding or before the slide? If he got hit while sliding that’s a penalty.
By late I meant to say I couldn’t tell if the QB started his slide before the defenders were at a point where couldn’t have let up. It wasn’t an egregious hit after the QB went into his slide as far as I could tell. Couldn’t tell with the helmet to helmet.. Again my vantage point was an NFHS stream on an I-Pad with no replays. Hope the QB is ok.

I spoke with a couple people in the stands that clearly saw the play. They said Mennecke started to give himself up and got trucked. Said it wasn’t overly egregious but he was hit hard. They were more pissed that the refs flagged the OL for defending their QB. This was a super hard hitting and physical game. The speed and aggressiveness that these two defenses play with lends itself to these kind of plays.

By late I meant to say I couldn’t tell if the QB started his slide before the defenders were at a point where couldn’t have let up. It wasn’t an egregious hit after the QB went into his slide as far as I could tell. Couldn’t tell with the helmet to helmet.. Again my vantage point was an NFHS stream on an I-Pad with no replays. Hope the QB is ok.
Thanks. Didn’t see it so didn’t want to assume.

Reactions: jvp123
If the QB was sliding and was hit that will result in a penalty. Once the QB starts his slide he is considered defenseless. I wasn’t at the game so I don’t know what happened.
While a sliding ball carrier is defenseless that does not necessarily mean him being hit results in a foul. Defenseless means you can’t hit him in the head. If a player slides late, and the defender is committed or doesn’t have time to pull up, he can certainly be hit and it not be a foul. Defenseless players can be hit, they cannot be hit in the head(with force). Defenders are punished enough, asking them to defy physics because a QB can’t figure out when is when is just not fair.

Please Crusader tell me who the best team in the state is? Palatine gets my vote.

I spoke with a couple people in the stands that clearly saw the play. They said Mennecke started to give himself up and got trucked. Said it wasn’t overly egregious but he was hit hard. They were more pissed that the refs flagged the OL for defending their QB. This was a super hard hitting and physical game. The speed and aggressiveness that these two defenses play with lends itself to these kind of plays.
Yeah I don’t know what was said but that’s a tough unsportsmanlike call on the OL when their guy just got drilled.

Just a thought.. maybe NV kickers could come out after halftime and practice kicking? Just an observation.
Typical NV. Just like not kicking FG to make it a one score game, in the 4th quarter of a playoff game against a worthy foe.

Watching LWE and NV in warmups and game prep, one end of the field looked in synch, on point, and very structured. Like a military drill team. The other end looked like Bill Murray in Stripes. Talent level was fairly even. Coaching was a blowout.

Typical NV. Just like not kicking FG to make it a one score game, in the 4th quarter of a playoff game against a worthy foe.

Watching LWE and NV in warmups and game prep, one end of the field looked in synch, on point, and very structured. Like a military drill team. The other end looked like Bill Murray in Stripes. Talent level was fairly even. Coaching was a blowout.
As a side note....why would your “team” come out in two shifts many minutes apart to take your field? It is a football 🏈 team. Did not understand that.

As a side note....why would your “team” come out in two shifts many minutes apart to take your field? It is a football 🏈 team. Did not understand that.
I’ve never seen them do that. Very odd.

While a sliding ball carrier is defenseless that does not necessarily mean him being hit results in a foul. Defenseless means you can’t hit him in the head. If a player slides late, and the defender is committed or doesn’t have time to pull up, he can certainly be hit and it not be a foul. Defenseless players can be hit, they cannot be hit in the head(with force). Defenders are punished enough, asking them to defy physics because a QB can’t figure out when is when is just not fair.
After seeing this play in-person, slice it any way you want, but that foul is now routinely called on Saturdays and Sundays without hesitation.

I was there and that non call on the slide should keep that crew from going further in the playoffs. Even the LW parents who sat on our side knew it should have been a penalty. It was a cheap shot. Especially after the tickey tack roughing the qb call that led to LW scoring their first TD. The NV team overcame Illinghaus’ coaching and played a great game. Shame absolute shame that the refs had that much of an influence in the score. Still don’t know why Nv got a 35 yrd penalty when the lineman lost his helmet. Frustrated as hell.

if NV kicked the Fg and made it, and the whole game changes so we really can’t say that decision cost NV the game. 17-10.

Coaching was the real difference. One knew how to use the wind as to their advantage, the other couldn’t get his ass down the sideline to get a TO called on a 4th and Goal. He signaled TO but couldn’t get the refs attention which resulted in turnover on downs.

After seeing this play in-person, slice it any way you want, but that foul is now routinely called on Saturdays and Sundays without hesitation.
Points of emphasis for professional QBs whose health is needed for a billion dollar industry to continue to rake it in is much different than that of high school QB. No one wants to watch Chase Daniel play Trevor Simian so they call that game a little differently. Friday and Sunday rules and points of emphasis are very different.

Saw enough to know this is not the beat team in the stat.
Uh oh the “big beast” almost got upsetted aye?!
Although just doing enough to get by tonight, East may get by one more round like this, but after that, they will need to step it up big-time. Between the close shaves in Week 9 and tonight, they seem to need a spike in play if aspiring for the top.

N'VIlle Buck thank you for the updates. I wanted to go to this game but work downtown and living by Midway made it tough. Neuqua played their proverbial asses off to a POWER. No shame. Beat the Best you are the BEST. Here's hoping my Crusaders can handle C'VIlle

To answer some naysayers... How many times teams need a good, close win for a kick in the pants to come out and destroy. Not saying the Griffs will do that but...history tells us different. Neuqua proved they belong and it was a tough draw for both schools.

Amen on a great game.

N'VIlle Buck thank you for the updates. I wanted to go to this game but work downtown and living by Midway made it tough. Neuqua played their proverbial asses off to a POWER. No shame. Beat the Best you are the BEST. Here's hoping my Crusaders can handle C'VIlle
You are welcome. Two evenly matched teams. The kids left it all on the field and that’s all you can ask for. Good luck to the Crusaders.

Saw enough to know this is not the beat team in the stat.
It’s high school football man, the best teams don’t always look like the best teams. I saw the game tonight and it definitely wasn’t LWE’s best performance but they did enough to get the win and winning games against very quality opponents, like NV proved to be, is hard to do.

It’s high school football man, the best teams don’t always look like the best teams. I saw the game tonight and it definitely wasn’t LWE’s best performance but they did enough to get the win and winning games against very quality opponents, like NV proved to be, is hard to do.
Exactly!!! How many times in any Playoff does a team get tested by a likeminded team, talent withstanding for a moment. We are talking HS aged kids who paly within a conference and play a school from another conference. Hard to say right?

I am a Seattle Seahawk fan (trust me perspective). Seattle barely beat 'Frisco in the NFC Championship, it took a Sherman pass break up at the end to win it. They go on and BEAT the Broncos led by Peyton Manning going away. Every week brings anew when it comes to football. As they say...On any given Sunday and in all our cases on any given Friday or Saturday.

Perspective people!!!

Neuqua loses a TON.
Yeah but they seem to come up with good team every season. Is the QB that came in for MM later in the game a Jr? He looked pretty good. I see NV dropped WW South and picked up Minooka. After the game with Beast they get right down to business playing Naperville North and Central in weeks 4 & 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT