ADVERTISEMENT

Neuqua - 14 LWE - 17 Final

Malin Jones, JCA played at Louisville and Northwestern
Josh Ferguson, JCA played at Illinois and for the Colts
All those kids should have gone to NV? That's unbelievable. Did they all leave because they had issue with the staff, or did they leave because their family had ties to Catholic education? Just a crazy amount of next level kids going elsewhere. 🤷‍♂️

All those kids should have gone to NV? That's unbelievable. Did they all leave because they had issue with the staff, or did they leave because their family had ties to Catholic education? Just a crazy amount of next level kids going elsewhere. 🤷‍♂️
Why should they have gone to NV? I presume they all made a choice based on what they felt was best for them.

Why should they have gone to NV? I presume they all made a choice based on what they felt was best for them.
Thanks USD. I was going to comment on that incredibly asanine and ignorant comment about “should have been NV”. Like my comment in a thread going on about an incredibly unenforceable, unconstitutional IHSA proposal, the way some assume property, agency or license over somebody else’s child is disturbing.

Edit: Sorry about off topic. To stay with the spirit of the actual thread. Beast by 14 in a closer game than 28-14 sounds if that makes sense

Last edited:
Thanks USD. I was going to comment on that incredibly asanine and ignorant comment about “should have been NV”. Like my comment in a thread going on about an incredibly unenforceable, unconstitutional IHSA proposal, the way some assume property. agency or license over somebody else’s child is disturbing.

Edit: Sorry, to stay with the spirit of the actual thread. Beast by 14 in a closer game than 28-14 sounds if that makes sense
I can’t speak for each individual family and their wants/desires for their kids. I’ve had 2 kids at Neuqua and one at St Francis. Our decision was based on what each child wanted out of HS and how we could accommodate that. I assume the same could be said for all of the kids who were in the Neuqua footprint that went elsewhere. Was it academics? A desire for a Catholic environment? Football? All of that is none of our business.

I do, however, know 4 of the kids listed and all 4 were at their Catholic school for one reason only. Football. They know what the NV program is about and how it’s operated. The program isn’t there to develop kids for collegiate success. That doesn’t mean NV doesn’t turn out collegiate players. They do for sure. Some choose to have their kids play at established football schools like Naz, JCA, Montini, and St Francis. They develop kids at a higher level than NV.

Last edited:
Is this honestly even going to be a game? East had had one bad game and still won in week 9. If I had to guess LWE-28 NV-7.
And honestly I hope it does. Should set up East vs Warren. What an elite 8 game that would
Be!

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Is this honestly even going to be a game? East had had one bad game and still won in week 9. If I had to guess LWE-28 NV-7.
And honestly I hope it does. Should set up East vs Warren. What an elite 8 game that would
Be!
I don’t think so. I think it’ll be over mid second quarter.

Reactions: corey90
They have a different animal this Friday and believe me their luck draw just ran out. This East team has a determination and will that I have not seen in a long time. You have 5 turnovers and still win. They have a drive to win that coaches dream of. I still believe this East team is on a mission after to last year. IMO
Corey, a little humility helps.

Is the game on the NV campus? My Google Maps shows the stadium is "temporarily closed" at high zoom factor. Thanks.

Is the game on the NV campus? My Google Maps shows the stadium is "temporarily closed" at high zoom factor. Thanks.
I think they are playing it at their Freshman field......

Just kidding. I was in the area on Wednesday and I didn't see anything that made me think that the stadium was closed.

I'm sure there are others who know for sure.

Reactions: johnndoe
FYI.....6pm kickoff. While there is plenty of on campus parking the school is having a "tunnel run" for the team at 5:00pm. Most of the close spots will be long gone by 5. If you are heading up from Frankfort, I'd look to get here early.

Reactions: iamgroot
Just got to the stadium. Field looks good. I’m actually surprised that LWE showed up fully taped, dressed, and walked onto the field. Business trip-esque. They look locked and loaded.

Gimme some LWE kids to watch. I literally know nothing about them other than Beast.

Plenty of parking. Field is in good condition. Game on. Been at least 7-8 years since these two teams met on the field. I am thinking 2014?

Wow…2007? I know it must have been round one? And it was just before Halloween. Help the memory Buck!
I don’t remember back that far but it was a trucking. 43-17 or something like that.

Wind is pretty wicked tonight. I’m at the top of the stands so it might be more up here but it’s gonna be a tough night to throw/kick.

Reactions: stl705 and Gene K.
Neuqua gets the ball and gets two quick first downs. Beast toughens and forces a 3rd and 12. Mennecke to Larkin for 54yd TD. Sweet drive. 7-0 NV.

Absolutely terrible roughing the passer on 3rd and long against NV. Let em play refs. NV with good stop and penalty gives LWE first down.

Absolutely terrible roughing the passer on 3rd and long against NV. Let em play refs. NV with good stop and penalty gives LWE first down.
Buck…no. The best news I have is the NV students yelling over rated. Last time that happened at Homewood Flossmoor LWE scored the next 38 points. Tied LWE 7-7 with Nequa after the chant…2 plays.

Buck…no. The best news I have is the NV students yelling over rated. Last time that happened at Homewood Flossmoor LWE scored the next 38 points. Tied LWE 7-7 with Nequa after the chant…2 plays.
Neuqua*😎

Fourth and inches and the best NV can do is try and draw them off sides and then they punt into the wind. Not gonna beat east playing scared

Neuqua holds inside the 10. FG. Beast seems to be trying to crank up the running game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT