ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA votes to grant D1 football players an extra year of eligibility

This is garbage move they should just get rid of the Seniors.

There are going be a lot of kids who are currently committed without a spot come signing day.

This is huge and deserved in some cases these kids are putting their health on the line to fund universities. Kids playing in the fall is anout $ ... playing without a vaccine of therapeutic drug ... put kids, coaches and extended family at risk. This is NOT the flu. I assume NFL ready players will opt for NFL Draft. This will make roster spots more complex. This will impact low FBS & high FCS programs. Some Power 5 kids will enter transfer portal with 3 years of eligibility with an opportunity to get Masters degree. So high school recruiting at lower tier FBS & high FCS programs will be impacted because they will offer fewer schlorships because they can take a transfer portal kid that is ready to play and not $'s. Just my thoughts

It is easy to say get rid of college seniors unless it is your kid ... who has been grinding and putting their health at risk during covid-19. Graduating high seniors will havd vaccine or therapeutic options. However, I understand the comment. There is no easy answer unfortunately.

This is huge and deserved in some cases these kids are putting their health on the line to fund universities. Kids playing in the fall is anout $ ... playing without a vaccine of therapeutic drug ... put kids, coaches and extended family at risk. This is NOT the flu. I assume NFL ready players will opt for NFL Draft. This will make roster spots more complex. This will impact low FBS & high FCS programs. Some Power 5 kids will enter transfer portal with 3 years of eligibility with an opportunity to get Masters degree. So high school recruiting at lower tier FBS & high FCS programs will be impacted because they will offer fewer schlorships because they can take a transfer portal kid that is ready to play and not $'s. Just my thoughts
Fund the universities?

just remember because you are eligible for another year doesnt mean the schools will give it to you. Even if a temporary increase is salary limits is approved, this could seriously impact non-power 5 and below football programs.

Reactions: ClownBaby
With less than four percent of Division One College football players drafted this will be a positive response for those whose eligibility would have expired. Senior players should also be able to finish their degrees in this down time so they benefit with the extra time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT