ADVERTISEMENT

Why you should just enjoy your Sr year

1- All QBs need to be developed before they are ready to play at the college level. Such a massive jump and doesn’t matter what you did in HS….it’s a HUGE jump.

2- non-issue

3- not the same situation. We’re talking about a player who didn’t play his senior year and then transferred before even seeing how things play out at the school of his choosing.

4- I bet he regrets the decision and wishes he would have played his senior year. He didn’t have a good experience this year and would have have a tremendous experience if he woulda stayed

3) the only thing different between Quinn and Fields is that Quinn didn't play his senior year, other than that it's the same. If you look at Quinn as a college freshman (which he now is) since he left early, both highly recruited, both went to powerhouse schools thinking they would start ASAP, both didn't play their freshman year due to someone else getting the job, both had the person ahead of them returning for another year, and now like fields, Quinn will transfer to another large school where he can play right away and hopefully be successful

3) the only thing different between Quinn and Fields is that Quinn didn't play his senior year, other than that it's the same. If you look at Quinn as a college freshman (which he now is) since he left early, both highly recruited, both went to powerhouse schools thinking they would start ASAP, both didn't play their freshman year due to someone else getting the job, both had the person ahead of them returning for another year, and now like fields, Quinn will transfer to another large school where he can play right away and hopefully be successful
Not playing your senior year is a pretty big deal

Colin,
1) learning the playbook and advanced play maybe some development. Helping them understand the level of football they are playing no you don’t have a clue. I think I am probably a bit closer to these facts than you are.
2) How is this a non issue?
3) Fields situation a rational for transfer to most would be a bigger issue, perhaps your not plugged into what happened.
4) Your evidently still either in HS or living the Ted Bundy dream over and over again.
What makes you think you are “closer to these facts” and I’m “not plugged into what happened”?

Curious to hear your resume and why mine isnt up to yours.

Last edited:
Not playing your senior year is a pretty big deal
In your eyes sure, but to say Quinn and Fields situations are not the same and "then transferred before even seeing how things play out at the school of his choosing." is wrong. He sat his year freshman year, he saw how things played out at tOSU, what do you want him to do sit two years?

In your eyes sure, but to say Quinn and Fields situations are not the same and "then transferred before even seeing how things play out at the school of his choosing." is wrong. He sat his year freshman year, he saw how things played out at tOSU, what do you want him to do sit two years?
I have no problem with a QB transferring. Something like 80% of starting college QBs are transfers

He showed up 2 weeks before the season started and only because of NIL money. That doesn’t sit right w me. That’s different than a normal transfer.

Ryan Day said he was caught off guard if this and surprised him.

Reactions: illinifan67
I have no problem with a QB transferring. Something like 80% of starting college QBs are transfers

He showed up 2 weeks before the season started and only because of NIL money. That doesn’t sit right w me. That’s different than a normal transfer.

Ryan Day said he was caught off guard if this and surprised him.

Where are you getting that 80% stat from? That would mean 100 of the 125 QBs at the Division 1 level are transfers.

What makes you think you are “closer to these facts” and I’m “not plugged into what happened”?

Curious to hear your resume and why mine isnt up to yours.
Have you sat one on one with multiple D1 head and position coaches to discuss the QB and other positions? I have for my own kids, as well as nephews, and kids that were working thorough the process whose guardian asked for help over a 15 year period. I knew Ryan Day and Chris Ash when they were essentially Grad assistant message boys(no disrespect to either as they both rose to the pinnacle of the sport very quickly). Let’s hear a bit about what you draw your knowledge from aside from hearsay.

Have you sat one on one with multiple D1 head and position coaches to discuss the QB and other positions? I have for my own kids, as well as nephews, and kids that were working thorough the process whose guardian asked for help over a 15 year period. I knew Ryan Day and Chris Ash when they were essentially Grad assistant message boys(no disrespect to either as they both rose to the pinnacle of the sport very quickly). Let’s hear a bit about what you draw your knowledge from aside from hearsay.

Coached at the college level D3 thru D1. Coached the QB & Wr positions as well as pass game coordinator. Spent several years as a private QB coach in Chicagoland. Coached a couple years of HS as well.

Played QB through college

Have been a fly on the wall for countless meetings where I took in some hearsay.

Coached at the college level D3 thru D1. Coached the QB & Wr positions as well as pass game coordinator. Spent several years as a private QB coach in Chicagoland. Coached a couple years of HS as well.

Played QB through college

Have been a fly on the wall for countless meetings where I took in some hearsay.
I smell something, but it’s not what the Rock’s been cookin! Let’s see you’re not Greg, Jeff, Steve, Jon, or Thorne so those are the guys in Chicagoland placing QBs in D1 programs. You’re also not TK, the Boom or EFT crew so who are you associate with?

I smell something, but it’s not what the Rock’s been cookin! Let’s see you’re not Greg, Jeff, Steve, Jon, or Thorne so those are the guys in Chicagoland placing QBs in D1 programs. You’re also not TK, the Boom or EFT crew so who are you associate with?
You have no idea on a message board who you are debating with and you came off extremely arrogant as your resume must be superior and your response must be correct.

I don’t care to get into who I worked for (I don’t coach anymore…hence why I talk football on a message board).

My only point in my discussions w you is the freshman QBs are not ready to play once they get to campus. They need to be developed and learning the playbook is a HUGE jump. You rarely see a frosh QB get to campus in Jan and win the job. I really can’t think of one.
* I never had a freshman compete as a freshman at QB. Not even at the D3 level. The playbook is just too much for them at that point.

This kid reported to camp in Aug. He had no shot to play this year. IMO, that is a red flag that a kid would do that rather than play his senior year of HS ball. I know you don’t agree w me on that, but I’m OK with that.

You have no idea on a message board who you are debating with and you came off extremely arrogant as your resume must be superior and your response must be correct.

I don’t care to get into who I worked for (I don’t coach anymore…hence why I talk football on a message board).

My only point in my discussions w you is the freshman QBs are not ready to play once they get to campus. They need to be developed and learning the playbook is a HUGE jump. You rarely see a frosh QB get to campus in Jan and win the job. I really can’t think of one.
* I never had a freshman compete as a freshman at QB. Not even at the D3 level. The playbook is just too much for them at that point.

This kid reported to camp in Aug. He had no shot to play this year. IMO, that is a red flag that a kid would do that rather than play his senior year of HS ball. I know you don’t agree w me on that, but I’m OK

Colin,

You insist on making these sweeping statements that don’t hold water. This time it’s that True Freshmen QBs can’t play at the D3 level let alone the D1 level. I give to you below the 2019 stat sheet of True Freshmen QBs thru 9/19/2019 from a SI article that started at the D1 level; many in power 5 conferences. I believe in 2019 25-30 True Freshmen QBs started at least one game. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree coach! I would truly love to know where you coached, just give us a lil teaser.

https://www.si.com/.image/c_limit,c...g3MDg4MDAw/fbs-true-freshman-qbs-2019jpg.webp
fbs-true-freshman-qbs-2019jpg.webp

Reactions: RichieRebel
Colin,

You insist on making these sweeping statements that don’t hold water. This time it’s that True Freshmen QBs can’t play at the D3 level let alone the D1 level. I give to you below the 2019 stat sheet of True Freshmen QBs thru 9/19/2019 from a SI article that started at the D1 level; many in power 5 conferences. I believe in 2019 25-30 True Freshmen QBs started at least one game. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree coach! I would truly love to know where you coached, just give us a lil teaser.

https://www.si.com/.image/c_limit,cs_srgb,q_auto:good,w_687/MTY4MDA3MTMwNjg3MDg4MDAw/fbs-true-freshman-qbs-2019jpg.webp
He never said true freshman QBs couldn't start at QB he said "he" never had one.

Also that list is meaningless since since 66% of the players on it enrolled in January and I would guess the other 3 were on campus in June working out where as this guy just showed up two weeks before practice and was starting from scratch.

Reactions: mc140
Colin,

https://www.si.com/.image/c_limit,cs_srgb,q_auto:good,w_687/MTY4MDA3MTMwNjg3MDg4MDAw/fbs-true-freshman-qbs-2019jpg.webp
Let’s just agree to disagree. I’m good with that.

He never said true freshman QBs couldn't start at QB he said "he" never had one.

Also that list is meaningless since since 66% of the players on it enrolled in January and I would guess the other 3 were on campus in June working out where as this guy just showed up two weeks before practice and was starting from scratch.
Clown,

“My only point in my discussions w you is the freshman QBs are not ready to play once they get to campus. They need to be developed and learning the playbook is a HUGE jump. You rarely see a frosh QB get to campus in Jan and win the job. I really can’t think of one.”

Was his statement, I gave him a list. 4 out of 9 is 44% leaving 56% not 66% and we haven’t even discussed the other 16-21 guys from 2019 alone.

y’all keep trashing Ewers about his decisions to take $1.4M in NIL and then transfer. How bout you trash Brian Kelly for his choices and discuss those “Red Flags”!

Let’s just agree to disagree. I’m good with that.
I will agree to disagree and also be a bit suspect of your claimed background and knowledge based on your questionable statements…”80% of starting D1QBs are transfers” “My only point in my discussions w you is the freshman QBs are not ready to play once they get to campus. They need to be developed and learning the playbook is a HUGE jump. You rarely see a frosh QB get to campus in Jan and win the job. I really can’t think of one.” “ getting injured playing HS to enjoy a senior state championship is better than $1.4M in the bank”. “He can just buy the insurance policy and cover himself during his Sr year,” where are the funds for the policy coming from? I think you get the picture.

I'm guessing he's off the Beebe tree - AU, NIU & House of Speed

Reactions: crusader_of_90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT