ADVERTISEMENT

NBCSC: Class 4A thru 1A Early look

I like your Prairie Central mention, seems them twice this year and lots of skill position talent, which is all juniors.. next year they are a top 10 team..

4A North looks like quite a bracket. Even with the CPS teams involved. Once round 2 starts, there should be some great games.

Coalertown,

So is it time for me to get rid of this ugly green and yellow picture? I can't remember if the wager was for the regular season or the whole season...

Reactions: Coalertown44
Coalertown,

So is it time for me to get rid of this ugly green and yellow picture? I can't remember if the wager was for the regular season or the whole season...
Haha yes I will let you off the hook. Appreciate you paying up on the bet

Reactions: doctor_d
Haha yes I will let you off the hook. Appreciate you paying up on the bet

Deal. Good luck to you guys. It's a tough road. ICCP is the boogeyman as far a Wilmington is concerned. Hope you guys can carry the torch.

Deal. Good luck to you guys. It's a tough road. ICCP is the boogeyman as far a Wilmington is concerned. Hope you guys can carry the torch.
Yeah I think it will be CC/St Francis and Richmond-Burton/IC quarter finals in the north. I can see any of those 4 winning out

I agree. Stillman and G-K should be pretty salty too. St. Francis QB injury is a factor. I know they beat IC, but second string QB is kind of a big deal.
IC to me is still the gold standard.
Their line play when we saw them was always outstanding and Franklin looks like a beast. The QB is a nice dual threat QB also. They were big and played really fast in the past when Wilmo had to face them. Looked like a much higher class team. That 2016 team was ridiculous. Don't think they are that good this time, but still really solid.

IC is still the top dog until someone beats them in the post season. If they play Richmond-Burton on the road in the quarter finals that would be very interesting

I agree. Stillman and G-K should be pretty salty too. St. Francis QB injury is a factor. I know they beat IC, but second string QB is kind of a big deal.
IC to me is still the gold standard.
Their line play when we saw them was always outstanding and Franklin looks like a beast. The QB is a nice dual threat QB also. They were big and played really fast in the past when Wilmo had to face them. Looked like a much higher class team. That 2016 team was ridiculous. Don't think they are that good this time, but still really solid.

SF QB looks like he will be back at some point in playoffs per HC in Daily Herald article this weekend.

Reactions: doctor_d
I’m loving the strength of 4A North. I understand ICCP is the “favorite”, but I personally see a slew of teams that could win state. Give me the field over ICCP. Don’t count out Stillman Valley or G-K.

Coal City
Stillman Valley
Genoa Kingston
Richmond Burton
St Francis

Round 2 will be SCARY!!

Reactions: Gene K.
My 4A top 10, which might be the most competitive class...

1. Coal City
2. IC
3. St Francis
4. R-B
5. Mac
6. Stillman Valley
7. Genoa-Kingston
8. Effingham
9. Unity
10. IVC

1. Coal City
2. IC
3. St Francis
4. R-B
5. Mac
6. Stillman Valley
7. Genoa-Kingston
8. Effingham
9. Unity
10. IVC

Mine would be fairly similar:
1 CC
2 R-B
3 SF
4 IC
5 G-K
6 Columbia
7 SV
8 Mac
9 Effingham
10 IVC

3A Champions Princeton Tigers has a nice ring to it..if it happens that is.. Go Tigers!!

A few miles west of Rip's Chicken btw..

Mine would be fairly similar:
1 CC
2 R-B
3 SF
4 IC
5 G-K
6 Columbia
7 SV
8 Mac
9 Effingham
10 IVC

I guess with Columbia, we played them two years ago and the game was 48-0 at the half if I remember... the other thing I remember was a very high number of attractive moms, so they do have that going for them..

Reactions: Coalertown44
3A Champions Princeton Tigers has a nice ring to it..if it happens that is.. Go Tigers!!

A few miles west of Rip's Chicken btw..

As a former NCICer, I’m rooting for the Tigers, but they have to go thru Byron who will be very tough again!

Hoping both Princeton and Hall can make some noise in 3A!

Reactions: Googertys Dog

1. Coal City
2. IC
My two cents, I've seen Coal City and IC live. IMO, IC has the superior athletes. Saw Coal City against Wilmington. I'm guessing they have the ability to mix things up, but game circumstances dictated that they just pound Jezik, especially once they got the big lead. But, they are going to need to be more diverse offensively to move the ball against IC. IC's run defense is very good. Also, I'd give them a much better chance on the grass at CC. If it's at IC, IC's superior speed is going to be that much more of a problem for the Coalers.

My two cents, I've seen Coal City and IC live. IMO, IC has the superior athletes. Saw Coal City against Wilmington. I'm guessing they have the ability to mix things up, but game circumstances dictated that they just pound Jezik, especially once they got the big lead. But, they are going to need to be more diverse offensively to move the ball against IC. IC's run defense is very good. Also, I'd give them a much better chance on the grass at CC. If it's at IC, IC's superior speed is going to be that much more of a problem for the Coalers.

I think they will end up playing at IC.....given how I see the bracket play out

As a former NCICer, I’m rooting for the Tigers, but they have to go thru Byron who will be very tough again!

The NCIC was a pretty solid conference "back in the day".. I taught my boys the NCIC shove when rebounding..now my daughter knows it..

Don't know that many players now, my best friends boy was QB last year and another runs the youth leagues, other than Hall and Kewanee don't know the the teams they play now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT