ADVERTISEMENT

Naz v Ritter - 32-21 Ritter Wins

JJ is longing for Love and Evans right about now. Naz receivers could not get separation against the fast and physical Ritter DBs all game.

On O, Ritter must have run a quick dump pass to the RB just behind the Naz DTs about 12 times and the YAC was out of this world.

Hats off to Ritter, they manhandled Nazareth.

Ritter was very good. They were tougher and wanted it more. Naz played poorly, no excuse a lot of that has to do with Ritter.

Reactions: Bowie50
Wait till you see st Charles north. They’re my number 1 right now.
Tough to argue. I'm interested to see how MC does against MS. If GBW stays in 7A, they seem to be stronger contenders than their preseason ranking.

Ritter team speed was better than Naz. Ritter has a good defense and their cover guys are great. Love Ritters cover drills where every DB gets his hand on the reciever, holds it there and runs with them downfield. One Ritter parent told me they practice against East side. You can tell, their cover guys can play. They make no mistakes.

Although Naz has many weapons they are missing a explosive guy which the Love brothers provided. The Indiana transfer is OK but just a possession receiver, not an explosive guy like Love.

By far Naz best player today.was RB #24.

Reactions: Relist8
Ritter team speed was better than Naz. Ritter has a good defense and their cover guys are great. Love Rityers cover drills were every DB gets his hand on the reciever, holds it there and runs with them doenfield. One Ritter parent told me they practice against East side. You can tell, their cober giys can play. They make no mistakes.

Although Naz has many weapons they are missing a explosive guy which the Love brothers provided. The Indiana transfer is OK but just a possession receiver, not an explosive guy like Love.

By far Naz best player today.was RB #24.
How did Naz' revamped O-line hold up?

How did Naz' revamped O-line hold up?

I was not paying too much attention to the lines but I thought they were fine. Some guy told me Naz line is a bit small. I thought they did fine.

Naz had too many turnovers and thought they should try to throw a few bombs downfield to loosen that Ritter D.

Last edited:
JJ was the top QB in Illinois and had 4 INT's tonight. Crystal Lake Central's QB led the State in passing yards last year and was a featured player in the Fox Valley coming into this Season. Through one game THEY HAVE 10 INT's, a fumble. and 2 LOSSES between them......should we take a step back and realize that these are teenagers or do we all agree that the per-season hype is a bunch of s#@t!?!

Reactions: bhawks
JJ was the top QB in Illinois and had 4 INT's tonight. Crystal Lake Central's QB led the State in passing yards last year and was a featured player in the Fox Valley coming into this Season. Through one game THEY HAVE 10 INT's, a fumble. and 2 LOSSES between them......should we take a step back and realize that these are teenagers or do we all agree that the per-season hype is a bunch of s#@t!?!

Just take it as a learning experience and move on.

Reactions: Bowie50
Tough weekend for the top Jr. QB's. JJ struggled. Antioch's Athan Kaliakmanis could only generate 7 points in a 10-7 loss to Lake Forest. And NC's Sam Jackson put up 6 points in a 14-6 loss to HC.

Reactions: Relist8
Not knowing much about Cardinal Ritter I did some research online (for what it is worth), they are a Class 2 school out of 6 classes, they are a co-ed school and have a enrollment of 328. According to Max Preps they have 59 kids on the roster but it is loaded with freshman and sophmores. If true, this is impressive.

Cardinal Ritter is a GREAT team. Very sound in all phases of the game. They will be scary to watch this season in Missouri.

Reactions: Gene K.
Broncos Man,

They were a very good team and must have great coaches. They had no turnovers. They will never beat themselves.

I really enjoy watching games at Naz but their PA system is terrible. I can't figure out anything the announcer is saying. Can you guys work on that? Ask Racki to bring over those speakers from Driscoll that could be heard all over Addison.

I like the band and their music but not the music played over the speakers so much. They never play any music where the team and fans just need some motivational music to get the team going.

Other than that the experience is terrific.

Last edited:
Wait till you see st Charles north. They’re my number 1 right now.

I will say this as a fan of WWS but this years team looks a lot closer to their powerhouse years rather then what they have been putting on the field the last few years. This team is super talented I’m excited to see them play Batavia and StN.

Reactions: Gene K.
I really enjoy watching games at Naz but their PA system is terrible. I can't figure out anything the announcer is saying. Can you guys work on that? Ask Racki to bring over those speakers from Driscoll that could be heard all over Addison.

I like the band and their music but not the music played over the speakers so much. They never play any music where the team and fans just need some motivational music to get the team going.

tenor.gif

Not knowing much about Cardinal Ritter I did some research online (for what it is worth), they are a Class 2 school out of 6 classes, they are a co-ed school and have a enrollment of 328. According to Max Preps they have 59 kids on the roster but it is loaded with freshman and sophmores. If true, this is impressive.
Ritter plays Lutheran North next week - LN just beat Trinity to open the season.

I've been a regular at Naz games since 1997 and the sound system has been awful since 1997.

I've been a regular at Naz games since 1997 and the sound system has been awful since 1997.

I was asking people at the game what the announcer said and nobody knew. Why even have one?

Coach Racki's Driscoll Team had speakers you could hear clearly all over Addison. It seems like an easy fix. Why don't they fix it?

It's bad because your trying to learn the players names and the PA system is so bad that the announcer can't help you.

Then this blue and light blue uniforms which I dislike at St Francis too make it difficult to see the numbers on the jerseys.

It seems the marketing people there are missing the boat.

That said Naz is still one of my favorite places to watch a game. It's like the Wrigley Field of HS football.

I was asking people at the game what the announcer said and nobody knew. Why even have one?

Coach Racki's Driscoll Team had speakers you could hear clearly all over Addison. It seems like an easy fix. Why don't they fix it?

It's bad because your trying to learn the players names and the PA system is so bad that the announcer can't help you.

Then this blue and light blue uniforms which I dislike at St Francis too make it difficult to see the numbers on the jerseys.

That said Naz is still one of my favorite places to watch a game. It's like the Wrigley Field of HS football.

What uniforms were you looking at; they are white numbers on navy jerseys.

fr2vlpuwrlmq8mo921kmw1cmf87ita8

Also the PA system will never be any louder. Addison neighbors were probably less disturbed.

What uniforms were you looking at; they are white numbers on navy jerseys.

fr2vlpuwrlmq8mo921kmw1cmf87ita8

Well I meant on the whole. I think you know what I mean. Google Naz uniform images.

All I am saying is when wearing dark uniforms use white numbers. When wearing white uniforms use dark blue numbers.

Not really a fan of mixing all these blues in one uniform. I don't like the light blue mixed in with the dark blue in the same uniform.

But it's not what I think, If our OK with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT