ADVERTISEMENT

Naz v Ritter - 32-21 Ritter Wins

Also the PA system will never be any louder. Addison neighbors were probably less disturbed.

It's a good point. The houses are very close to the field. I would trash the PA system and current speakers and just put out a couple of good speakers on the Naz side of the field. Just needs to come through with better clarity, not necessary to be louder

Well I meant on the whole. I think you know what I mean. Google Naz uniform images.

All I am saying is when wearing dark uniforms use white numbers. When wearing white uniforms use dark blue numbers.

Not really a fan of mixing all these blues in one uniform. I don't like the light blue mixed in with the dark blue in the same uniform.

But it's not what I think, If our OK with it.

You are complaining about old uniforms. The new uniforms are white on navy and navy on white.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Also most of the escc had those uniforms with white numbers on white jerseys. Watching any film was impossible.

Don’t want to be argumentative with Wassup but he said he had a terrific experience except for the PA system and the difficulty reading the light blue on navy uniform numbers. Apparently he has such strong uniform PTSD about previous uniforms it still effected his experience yesterday?!

Reactions: Gene K.
Don’t want to be argumentative with Wassup but he said he had a terrific experience except for the PA system and the difficulty reading the light blue on navy uniform numbers. Apparently he has such strong uniform PTSD about previous uniforms it still effected his experience yesterday?!
It was a great atmosphere. It usually is. You can get so close to the action. Probably closer than any other stadium in the state.

All I am saying is when wearing dark uniforms use white numbers. When wearing white uniforms use dark blue numbers

Am I missing something here? They clearly have dark blue with white jerseys, or is that an old pic? At least they got rid of the corny family stuff on the uni’s which was a far bigger issue...

It was a great atmosphere. It usually is. You can get so close to the action. Probably closer than any other stadium in the state.

Nothing better than Marian Central Catholic, but Naz is great for sight lines.

Am I missing something here? They clearly have dark blue with white jerseys, or is that an old pic? At least they got rid of the corny family stuff on the uni’s which was a far bigger issue...
Do you have the same issue with hitters or hit hard or da brook or brotherhood on Jersey.

Do you have the same issue with hitters or hit hard or da brook or brotherhood on Jersey.

Hitters is fine, they just have it on the back of their helmets. Da Brook is alright, play on the name. Not sure who has brotherhood or where, but yeah, pretty odd there too.

You are complaining about old uniforms. The new uniforms are white on navy and navy on white.

The new Naz uniforms are sharp...no problem for my 61 year old eyes reading the numbers. Best uni's they have had in years.

For anyone wondering, "Family" is scripted on the side of the pants, at the hips.

Getting back to the game. Was the O-line of Naz not protecting JJ like they did last year. With JJ throwing 4 interceptions it seems to me that either the receivers aren't as good as last year in getting open or the O-Line isn't as good as last year. Also perhaps, JJ just had a bad afternoon this week. Didn't see the game so I am looking for some input on those who were there.

Getting back to the game. Was the O-line of Naz not protecting JJ like they did last year. With JJ throwing 4 interceptions it seems to me that either the receivers aren't as good as last year in getting open or the O-Line isn't as good as last year. Also perhaps, JJ just had a bad afternoon this week. Didn't see the game so I am looking for some input on those who were there.

Naz tackles are decent size but the guards and center are on the small side. Ritter has a 4-star DE that spent the afternoon in the Nazareth backfield.

Ritter DBs didn't give the Naz WRs any room. There was some clutching and grabbing going on but only a couple of flags. Even still, they were fast and physical.

I was very impressed with Cardinal Ritter. They have good size and speed. QB, receivers, and RB were all excellent. They were one of the better teams I have ever seen Nazareth play, better (IMO) than last year's Simeon team.

I'm gonna have to watch this game (even though people complained about the camera) because this Ritter sounds like a difference of night and day between last year and now.

I don't know if it was all the O-line but JJ was under a lot of pressure (both real and perceived) he hurried several throws when it wasn't necessary and was making decisions to throw the ball into heavy coverage. On the other hand JJ had several good passes dropped and it was becoming obvious that he was getting frustrated and annoyed.

One big point I was trying to bring up earlier in this thread: 1) for Ritter their receivers, that were not the intended targets, were ALWAYS highly engaged down field and tying up Naz DB's with solid blocks to keep them off the receivers. I would go as far as saying they successfully did this on every one of their pass plays. 2) Whereas I never remember seeing any Naz receivers, who were not the intended targets, engaging in the same kind of blocking.

This observation was from the Live Feed Video which was crappy at best and the camera guy almost never followed the ball correctly, especially on pass plays.

Ritter had great team speed. Their DB's were very well coached. Absolutely liked Ritters DB drills before the game started. Very diciplined. You don't see many teams like this. Their coaches must be awesome!

Watched a Qtr so far. They are definitely better than what I saw a year ago. That's a relief.

Bones
I am interested in knowing what you think about Naz? Is Ritter that good or is Naz not what everyone thought?
They're (Naz) clearly good. I wouldn't have put them above Marist just based on recent history. Ritter is good, not convinced they would beat everyone in IL though.

It's a good point. The houses are very close to the field. I would trash the PA system and current speakers and just put out a couple of good speakers on the Naz side of the field. Just needs to come through with better clarity, not necessary to be louder
I
When the lights went up, Naz agreed to only have speakers facing West as a concession.

Also, not the regular announcer for this past weekend.

Not the gestapo and just feel like it’s corny and maybe a bit disingenuous coming from your coach. Sorry, not sorry.
It was thought and acted on by the parents of I believe the 2014 team and it stuck.

Anyhoo, Ritter's DB's and stud WR [Burden] were terrific. Joe Moore is a monster

Ritter weakness on defense is stopping the run. I am assuming Naz didn't get a chance to watch Ritters state game film form last year.

You being petty!

Not at all. I picked Naz to win by two TD's prior to the game. I thought Naz game plan would be to run the ball based on Ritters last game performance. Ritter gave up over 300 yards rushing in that game with no answer on how to stop the run.

I think if they played again Naz would win. That is my honest opinion.

Not at all. I picked Naz to win by two TD's prior to the game. I thought Naz game plan would be to run the ball based on Ritters last game performance. Ritter gave up over 300 yards rushing in that game with no answer on how to stop the run.

I think if they played again Naz would win. That is my honest opinion.

I should keep my mouth shut but that was my gripe after the game.... didn’t stick to the run in a committed fashion to reap the rewards. From what we saw of the run game it was working and then would throw a play action pass... incomplete... or make some unnecessary personnel change at the WR position which didn’t really matter to the current run game and get caught with 12 on field and lose run game momentum... now behind on down and distance and have to pass... and not return to consistent run game in any meaningful way. Would have helped control the game as well and aided the defense in limiting the possessions of the Ritter quick strike / big play offense.... I don’t think there was one sustained drive by Ritter just big plays.

And GBW has hitters on the front of their Jerseys for sure, Brotherhood was on the back of SCN helmets. I'll let Brook slide.

They for sure don't have Hitters on their jersey anymore. Not a huge fan of that but better than brotherhood on SCN. Brook always gets a pass. :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT