ADVERTISEMENT

Naz @ MC

Silver Rain

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2022
This is shaping up to be a battle of the quarterbacks. Malachuk passed for 3,477 yards last season and had 42 touchdowns. Elliott had about the same yardage and accounted for 41 touchdowns. Both teams are coming off back-to-back state championships, Naz in 5A, MC in 7A. The Sun-Times ranks the Road Runners right behind the Caravan. This will be their first meeting since the rain-soaked title game in 2019. The forecast calls for rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snetsrak61
Malachuk is a great QB. 4 year starters at QB in the CCL is unheard of, McCarthy didn’t even start as a Freshman. Sorry if I got this last name wrong but Kaminski, the Stanford Bound DE will be problematic for MC’s Oline that is still waiting for the glue to dry, but after seeing Huns 2 Stanford bound DE’s he should be similar. That being said, MC’s Defense is not Kankakee or Kenwood, it’s going to be one of the best defenses Malachak has ever seen. Naz has struggled in the regular season the past few years, it’s not knock on the program they’ve lost 13 regular season games the past 3 seasons, then after going through the CCL gauntlet, they’ve gone through 5A like a hot knife through butter. Will be an entertaining game, Naz has some excellent players but I think MC has the better overall team. Shoot out at first but MC pulls away at the end is my early prediction.

We’ve seen this episode before…Naz has to be at the very least 5 score dogs. It’s the mighty caravan from the mighty blue. They don’t even belong on the same field. Logan not even a part of the conversation for Illinois QBs his 41 TDS and 3k yards came against inferior opponents than that of MC. Plus the rain…forget about it!

Carmel Catholic hung around for almost 3 full Qtr’s last year in their match-up with the Caravan, and then the talent/size gap difference took shape.

Thinking similar here, but Naz’s QB is the ‘X’ factor.

Looking forward to this one!

Last edited:
We’ve seen this episode before…Naz has to be at the very least 5 score dogs. It’s the mighty caravan from the mighty blue. They don’t even belong on the same field. Logan not even a part of the conversation for Illinois QBs his 41 TDS and 3k yards came against inferior opponents than that of MC. Plus the rain…forget about it!
Anyone who actually thinks that doesn’t know High School Football and is speaking out of their azz. It’s going to be a very competitive game.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Montini beat Loyola for the first time with a sophomore QB at Loyola.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Ok fine. I’ll cut back just a bit on the Lou Holtz routine and say it’s more like a 3 score underdog. I wasn’t impressed with MC’s secondary against Hun. I felt like they got beat often. I also feel like MC’s o line is not as great as past MC lines. But all this being said that was practically a college team they played so it’s hard to really tell if those two assessments are accurate.

I’m just hoping for no injuries so that Naz can do what they do best and that is go on a roll in the post season.

I find this game extremely interesting.
MC with tons of talent but young (though first two weeks might have got them ready) and Naz with tons of experience.

Naz can do it. I'm pulling for them. Got to believe it can happen!

I'm a fan of both teams playing
If they do it I would rank this win up there with the first ESCC victory (besides st joes) the first victory over JCA, the 5 titles and the first victory over a Blue team (Brother Rice)

I just think it's a tough ask

I find this game extremely interesting.
MC with tons of talent but young (though first two weeks might have got them ready) and Naz with tons of experience.
It is an interesting game. MC is young this year, as you said. Given Naz' experience, catching MC early in the year is a plus. If Naz is ever going to beat MC, this might be the year to do it. It would be an upset, but not a major upset.

Is that a preview of the excuse train should Naz pull of what might be the greatest upset since David put one between Goliath's eyes?

MC’s secondary
Yes, the secondary was embarrassing. #14 on the Huns caught three touchdown passes that were virtually uncontested. Fortunately, this breakdown in coverage was mostly a breakdown in communication, which can usually be patched up, as evidenced by the Rita game. Improved communication will also help the O-line find its footing. The seniors, as expected, are doing their job well, but the juniors and the transfers are exceeding expectations. Elliott has yet to have one of his nearly flawless games, one of his explosive performances, so he is overdue. My personal statistician says 37-13.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MMA_Det and Jenny27
Two QB’s with similar numbers and you are predicting a blow out by half?

MC secondary looked like it had a lot of work to do after the Hun…

Ahhh yes there are the MC posters we’ve come to expect and love. See I knew I was right on the money with my original 5 score underdogs post. Lowly Naz not even good enough to tighten the knots on the MC players scapulars.

Ahhh yes there are the MC posters we’ve come to expect and love. See I knew I was right on the money with my original 5 score underdogs post. Lowly Naz not even good enough to tighten the knots on the MC players scapulars.
Very nice analogy! Kudos 👌

Reactions: k1867
Malachuk is a great QB. 4 year starters at QB in the CCL is unheard of, McCarthy didn’t even start as a Freshman. Sorry if I got this last name wrong but Kaminski, the Stanford Bound DE will be problematic for MC’s Oline that is still waiting for the glue to dry, but after seeing Huns 2 Stanford bound DE’s he should be similar. That being said, MC’s Defense is not Kankakee or Kenwood, it’s going to be one of the best defenses Malachak has ever seen. Naz has struggled in the regular season the past few years, it’s not knock on the program they’ve lost 13 regular season games the past 3 seasons, then after going through the CCL gauntlet, they’ve gone through 5A like a hot knife through butter. Will be an entertaining game, Naz has some excellent players but I think MC has the better overall team. Shoot out at first but MC pulls away at the end is my early prediction.
Obviously someone at Naz can correct me, but in our Wk 0 scrimmage with them, looked like Kaminski was lining up at ILB. The was a DE who also caught my eye, who I believe a Naz fan told me is a soph..... looks like a D1 kid to me.

Several people on here have stated that this is the most inexperienced team Lynch has ever fielded

Others claim that the multiple sophomore starters are a result of issues with depth

On Feb other hand

Naz is loaded to the brim with experience and returning 80% of the starters from a state championship team

I think that this is going to be a squeaker

Reactions: Check That
To be fair Naz went 0-4 last year returning several starters from a state championship team

Tuccs is more & more like Bones every new day.

He just can’t leverage the underdog approach enough. Everyone is well aware of who Naz is and what they’ve accomplished.

Tuccs is more & more like Bones every new day.

He just can’t leverage the underdog approach enough. Everyone is well aware of who Naz is and what they’ve accomplished.
I usually only play the underdog approach in a tongue in cheek manner. i.e. SF playing a close game against kenwood and then me stating Naz should be underdogs because SF had a close game and SF beat naz in week 9 last year. (just a friendly poke) I'm more of a reverse jinx type of guy.

The 5 td underdog comment here was because we all know MC fans are going to MC fan. Thus the scapular knot comment. 5 TDs? god i hope not. Dogs? yes and anyone who feels different, let me know how many points you want to give MC and how high you want to go because even my homer heart couldn't turn that down.

let me know how many points

No points. Twenty bucks, 50 bucks, 100? The winner will PM his address to the loser. We Catholics can trust each other, right? Even if we haven't been to mass in a month of Sundays.

play the underdog

You didn't have to spell it out. We know you are a contrarian, a chain puller, a pusher of buttons.

• Haha
Reactions: MMA_Det and tuccs
I just watched Naz vs. Kankakee, and this one should come down to the wire. Naz looks like they'll roll their QB out frequently or go for quick slants. I think Week 1 has put MC in a much better place for this game with the tweaks they've made. I'm going with them and Elliott at home, something like 27-20.

I just watched Naz vs. Kankakee, and this one should come down to the wire. Naz looks like they'll roll their QB out frequently or go for quick slants. I think Week 1 has put MC in a much better place for this game with the tweaks they've made. I'm going with them and Elliott at home, something like 27-20.
I think this us the fairest assessment I've read and completely agree. Though I think it will be closer to 2 scores MC has the edge simply because I think MC's front 7 will be the best Naz sees all year and MC almost beat a very good prep football team from NJ. If Naz does win I think its by a couple of points at most and due to the QB exploiting the secondary IF they haven't cleaned it up from week 1 which I am sure they have. I also think the O line can be a liability but nothing that Elliott can't make up for like he almost and probably would have done had he not cramped up week 1.

Naz looks like they'll roll their QB out frequently or go for quick slants.

A play that we have learned to counter well. Last year, ESL ran it very successfully, but then LB #41 Matt Mucha started coming on, together with fellow LBs #27 Xander Gorman and #28 Tristan Pusateri, followed by one of the best DE tandems in the game, #97 Joey Quinn and #99 Braeden Jones. Not even the Huns could work that play against us.

Last edited:
It is an interesting game. MC is young this year, as you said. Given Naz' experience, catching MC early in the year is a plus. If Naz is ever going to beat MC, this might be the year to do it. It would be an upset, but not a major upset.
NOPE!! I counted 30 seniors that's not young, Please don't make no excuses for MC

Reactions: Silver Rain
NOPE!! I counted 30 seniors that's not young, Please don't make no excuses for MC
No skin in this game. Not making excuses for MC. I saw a number of sophs (WR, LB, DB) and a Frosh DT playing against the NJ team. That is all.

Reactions: RameyJacoby
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT