ADVERTISEMENT

Naz 42 Montini 29 Final

How long? And how long for JC?
I tried to look it up. It’s not available on the ihsa site anymore (at least where I can find it although it used to be). I only know that Wilmington has made playoffs every year since 1996. There were only a few schools with more consecutive and Montini was one of them.

I tried to look it up. It’s not available on the ihsa site anymore (at least where I can find it although it used to be). I only know that Wilmington has made playoffs every year since 1996. There were only a few schools with more consecutive and Montini was one of them.
Montini has been in the playoffs every year since 1992

Looks like MC's playoff streak just edges Montini's, 30-28. JC must be up there too. Pretty good company.
JC missed in 2016 and 2017. Prior to that, I believe they and Geneseo had the longest streaks in the state. Not sure if the Maple Leafs have kept their streak up or not.

Just looked into it, let me edit that. Looks like JC missed in 97 as well, sharps first season. So they didn’t have the longest streak. My memory must be that JC and Geneseo had qualified for the playoffs more than any other school, just not necessarily in succession.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Ruin
Naz having 4 freshman playing in a varsity game is rare in itself, the truly amazing part is that the best defensive player on the field was one of the freshman.

Reactions: RockSoup
Naz having 4 freshman playing in a varsity game is rare in itself, the truly amazing part is that the best defensive player on the field was one of the freshman.
Always wonder what these kids were like a year prior.

A freshman starting and doing well at a school like Naz must have been like Bobby Boucher in junior high football.

“Captain Insano shows no mercy.” - Waterboy

Watched the CSN GOW last night and the middle linebacker from Grayslake Central was a freshman and their best defender.

Has that Naz freshman played this well in previous games? What position does he play and jersey #?

TE/DE #88
Also
QB #8
WR #19
RB #12

88 has been a monster all year, he was offered by Iowa a few weeks ago.

Is Kaminski related to the RB Kaminski on the Driscoll 1990 State Championship team?

Just wondering because I am sure there are ties between Racki and Kaminski back to the Driscoll days.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT