ADVERTISEMENT

24 Montini 23 Naz final

Has a team ever experienced the fall from grace that my beloved Roadrunners are currently going through? Return pretty much the entire state championship team and not make the playoffs? Good news is that same group gets another shot but man this is sad to watch and rather confusing.

Has a team ever experienced the fall from grace that my beloved Roadrunners are currently going through? Return pretty much the entire state championship team and not make the playoffs? Good news is that same group gets another shot but man this is sad to watch and rather confusing.
Yes, the team they are playing tonight, oddly.

Reactions: Gene K. and eireog
Late in the game with less than two minutes left Naz drove down field, Naz got to the 20 yard line and fumbled giving it to Montini. Montini went nowhere and all they had to do was get a clean punt and it was game over. Naz blocks the punt and recovers with 6 seconds left. Naz goes for the field goal for the win. Montini blocks the field goal, recovers the ball and time ran out.

Naz started last year pretty rough too. 1-3. Obviously things turned out OK. I still think they make the playoffs this year.

• Haha
Reactions: chakazulu89
Late in the game with less than two minutes left Naz drove down field, Naz got to the 20 yard line and fumbled giving it to Montini. Montini went nowhere and all they had to do was get a clean punt and it was game over. Naz blocks the punt and recovers with 6 seconds left. Naz goes for the field goal for the win. Montini blocks the field goal, recovers the ball and time ran out.
Holy shit. What a crazy finish

Reactions: colin2229
Naz started last year pretty rough too. 1-3. Obviously things turned out OK. I still think they make the playoffs this year.
Not impossible but they can only have one more loss with IC, SI, Fenwick, BR, Marian, and SF in that order. Tough road.

Not impossible but they can only have one more loss with IC, SI, Fenwick, BR, Marian, and SF in that order. Tough road.
IC is going to be a tough out, they beat the brakes off the Academy tonight, which is always enjoyable to see!

It’s possible that they get in with a 4-5 record, with the amount of playoff points they will have accumulated.
They have Ic next week , st Ignatius next week , Fenwick the week after and then brother rice . . The last two games of the season are winnable but that’s all I see sadly . But they can do it , just won’t be easy

Naz is missing their four or five cupcake wins on their schedule that they usually have. They talk themselves up as this elite program in the state but going to miss playoffs when they play a big boy schedule. Overrated program that is getting exposed big time.

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderPapa
Naz is missing their four or five cupcake wins on their schedule that they usually have. They talk themselves up as this elite program in the state but going to miss playoffs when they play a big boy schedule. Overrated program that is getting exposed big time.
Overrated? As The Posse will share, I’m no fan of Racki, but calling them overrated is a stretch. And watch them pull a rabbit out of their hat, get to 5 wins and make a deep playoff run. Like last year. @godfthr53

Reactions: Gene K.
I watched both the York game and the game last night. I am no expert but it seems like not only is Naz playing against the opposing team, they are their own worst enemy this year.
Stupid penalties such as holding penalties are killing them. The QB will make a nice pass that is caught 20- 30 plus yards downfield and it is called back for a holding penalty. This has happened more than once. The QB will make a catchable pass and the receiver drops it. The defense is having problems making stops. It is not one thing it is multiple areas where Naz is beating themselves.

I’m not a Naz fan but they are by no means an overrated program. Racki is a great recruiter and coach. Id really like to see him at a public school to see if he would win. Burzawa has now been at Evanston about 15 years and has seen little success.

I have no idea what to make of montini this year. Beat up on two cupcakes to start the year, and beat a Very odd Naz team.This could be a great turnaround for them. They have a weaker schedule the rest of the way with only the Brother Rice game that I see is not winnable, maybe Providence as well. They will make the playoffs, and if they are 2 or 3A, we may see them win a state title. This could be the turnaround that they needed after a tough few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT