ADVERTISEMENT

My Take on Simeon OT Cameron James to Minnesota

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I posted this as well on our Minnesota site GopherNation.

Kids from Chicago Simeon I had projected in my own early rankings as a low four star for several reasons.
James, who was a heralded Hoops player for Simeon storied program as a freshman "saw the light" and decoded to give football a try. He's still very young from a football experience standpoint and still has a lot of work fo do. Yet it's hard to ignore his overall height/frame length and as you can see on his film he moves well for that size...again a nod towards the basketball skill set.

James has been working with former Simeon OL Jordan Diamond (Auburn/Mimi Ohio) for about a year plus. Diamond is also the Simeon OL coach along with training kids at EFT Sports Performance in Deerfield.

James needed to get a bit "meaner" along with just showing more violence in his hands and his overall down in and down out demeanor....and I was able to see definite progression on that front a year ago.

Cameron is really a pretty quiet kid off the field....somewhat low key yet well thought out and intelligent. He figured out pretty early on he would be heavily recruited.

Again his fllm along does not scream 4 star...then again getting to see him live along with watching him multiple times live and seeing his overall ceiling.....I'm very comfortable with him as a low 4 star in my opinion. He's still a work in progress....and as we all know nothing is ever guaranteed or promised....but I guess if you miss on a kid....at least miss big?

Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday I'm going to do a story on my own site edgytim.rivals.com looking at the Gophers recruiting efforts in Illinois and exactly how and why they are killing it here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News