ADVERTISEMENT

My Take: North Central College Camp Wednesday 2025

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
The North Central College camp remains one of my favorite camps of all....it's well run by by the great staff and players at NCC and the only real negative was a lightning delay which basically forced all one on one and positional on the field work to be done indoors (again very hard to get a decent judgement oin a gym floor) so my take is more from an eyeball passing/testing obervations.

As I will always mention whenever I cover camps.....it's a monumental task to watch, evaluate and connect with 300 plus kids at once....but I try my best here. I can and will miss seeing evaluating your son and I will miss seeing some great prospects. It happens.

Also important....this is a work in progress and I will remove this once the feature has been edited and completed, I highly suggest not sharing (which is a direct violation of your agreement here FYII) until this feature is completed. Also of note....my roster was missing some numbers I'm assuming these were walk ups... and are listed as such (for the kids I knew) and I'll try to get a final roster.

So Who Stood Out (Red Jerseys Class of 2025)

1 WR Sasha Summers St Viator
- Checked in at 6-foot-7, 191 pounds and is maybe one of the most intriguing kids at this camp. Didn't see any of his testing times but on the hoof Sasha will draw a ton of up close looks this summer. Having a QB Like Cooper Kmet also fares well for Sasha this fall.

2 K Casey Roney West Aurora Was very impressive in the kicking workout before the full camp started here. Big time leg with impressive accuracy.

3 QB Cooper Kmet St Viator- At this stage of his recruiting I can say that Kmet seems to be a bit under the radar. Cooper has a live arm, runs well and has all the tools to develop into a strong Division 1 level signal caller.

7 QB Jack Skoog Prospect Big kid here (6-foot-3, 160 pounds) who easily passes the all important eyeball test. Looked impressive in the testing phase and throws a strong nd accurate pass. Will need to add more weight/strength down the line but has the frame that will allow that to happen.

8 QB Holland Harris Morton (Hammond Indiana) interesting player here has great size (6-foot-5, 190 pounds) and length and I can see higher level schools look at him as say a WR as well as QB.

9 QB Jacob Bell Naperville North- Just committed to Ball State and it's pretty easy to see why he will play D1. Big, strong and very impressive kids on the hoof. Bell also has a very strong arm, carries himself well on and off the field. Primed for a big time breakout in 2024.

11 WR Jimmie Maxson III Brother Rice- Liked Jimmie's film and in person he has great length and size and looks pretty college ready now physically.

12 WR Amari Williams Wheaton South- Just committed to NIU, Williams caught my eye in registration and also in testing. Williams is a sleek, twitchy athlete who has a chance to make some noise foir the Huskies down the line.

14 WR Coy Taylor St Joseph Ogden - Slot type of receiver who has some quickness, showed good hands and went hard on every rep.

22 WR Rich Schilling Wheaton North

25 WR Isaiah Brown Batavia- Nice looking athlete here who made the most out of the positional work phase of the camp. Moved well in the testing phase and with some added weight and strength could become a nice addition to say the FCS level.

37 RB Keoni George Tinley Park- Something is in the water in TP and was one of a handful of really impressive Titans at this camp. George has good size and physical tools.

40 LB Freddy Brown Morton- Long and athletic linebacker here with a big wingspan and was also impressive in positional work.

43 LB James Kingsbury St Rita -Highly advanced linebacker who has been a varsity starter since his freshman season. Runs and covered well here and I see FCS level ability.

45 TE Brady Goken Wheaton South- I liked Brady's junior film and he backed it up at this camp with a strong showing. I wanted to see more from Brady in one on one...but I'm only human people and can't watch 400 kids at once so....

52 DE Saif Kokoszka Glenbard South- This is like the 200th time seeing Saif live and he never disappoints. Has added increased size and strength, runs well and is just an athletic playmaker. I see FCS/D2 level tools and ability here.

54 SS Treycen Bownes Plainfield North- First time seeing Treycen in person and he's an impressive player and athlete. Has good length and will add more weight and strength over the next year plus. Was impressed with his overall cover skills and back peddle as well.

63 OL Liam Carney Wauconda - Big Red (OK I made that nickname up) has the size and makeup at 6-foot-5, 286 pounds to play on Saturday's. Made some good stops and gave up some in one on ones but he was very teachable according to the coaches. Carney is a name who will no question draw more looks this summer and fall.

64 OL Matthew Murphy St Ignatius- Has played only one year of football and that showed here at times...but again Matthew has impressive physical tools (6-foot-7, 297 pounds) including bend and quicknes. More and more schools will have him on their radar screens this fall. With a lot more hard work this kid has a chance.

71 DE Nolan Daly Nazareth Academy Bigger sized DL name to watch this summer and fall. Showed some good flashes in one on ones but needs to do that more consistently rep in and rep out.

75 DE Jonathan Collier Tinley Park- Showed some real quickness and bend in one on ones coming off the edge. Also made some nice 1on1 moves and adjustments and I was also impressed with his overall athletic ability here.

76 DE Kevin Hippner Lockport-Has some nice size and tools and is a long and lanky edge rusher with some ability and potential.

91 OL Donte Green Plainfield South I liked Donte Green at the Rise and Fire Camp and he was also good here as well. Big dude with some quickness and has still room to improve as well. Would love to see him this summer in pads.

93 DE Ryan Mascari Neuqua Valley- Another kid who has a great motor and goes hard on every rep. A tweener type positionally who is getting better and better as a linemen after playing tight end for several years.

So Who Stood Out (Black Jerseys Class of 2026)

1 QB Jesse Padron St Charles East- Great looking athlete on the hoof who caught my attention at check in. Still young and developing but has the look of a kid who will be a name to watch down the line.

3 QB Brady Palmer St Francis- Stock is already blowing up and for good reason. Palmer has all the attributes you look for in a high level QB. Impressed with his arm talent, poise and ability to make hard throws look routine. Potential major D1 caliber dude here.

14 QB Asa Johnson Aurora Christian
17 QB Johnny O'Brien Fremd
17 QB Keller Stocks Mt. Zion
22 RB Isaac Alexander Montini Catholic
34 LB Lesroy Tittle Nazareth Academy
49 FS Andrew Hoffman Neuqua Valley
55 LB Logan Abrams Cary Grove
57 DT Dhani Drummer St Francis
58 LB Axel Broeker Wheaton South
63 OT Zachary Hultgren Central (Burlington)
70 DE Roman Sosnovyy Lyons Township
74 DE Jake Jimenez Plainfield North
77 OL Levi Mallette Chicago Hope
81 WR Sheko Gjokaj St Charles East
83 LB Patrick Cheney Lyons Township
85 WR Dario Milivojevic St Francis
No jersey number on roster DB Seth Valeri St Francis

So Who Stood Out (White Jerseys Class of 2027)

6 QB AJ Rayford Providence Catholic
20 RB Timmie Lewis III Bolingbrook
59 LB Noah Swaw Tinley Park
76 DE Christopher Murphy St Ignatius
77 OL Maxwell Schveneman Neuqua Valley
90 DE Chris Paden Tinley Park
No jersey number on roster OL Ethan Posey Lockport

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series