ADVERTISEMENT

My Playoff Pairings Night plans....

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I will be down in Bloomington on Saturday night taking part in the IHSA TV production for the Pairings Night.....I'll be on the pre and post pairings show with Jim Taylor and Steve Soucie breaking down everything before and after the pairings are announced via IHSA.org more detials are coming today or tomorrow regarding the TV side from IHSA and as soon as it's available I will post it here.

Watch the Playoff Pairings Show

Saturday, October 23, 8-9 pm
with Jim Taylor, Steve Soucie, & EdgyTim

on the following broadcast channels
Champaign: WCIX
Chicago: WMEU & WCIU
Decatur: WCIX
Harrisburg/Southern Illinois: WSIL
Peoria: WEEK
Quad Cities: KGCW
Quincy: WGEM
Rockford: WREX
Springfield: WCIX
St. Louis: KPLR

Fans are encouraged to check local listings or the station websites for exact channel details.

You can also view the livestream for free on the
NFHS Network

Pairings Day Bonus!

Pairings Preview
7:30-8 pm
Pairings Recap & Analysis
9-10 pm

with Jim Taylor, Steve Soucie, EdgyTim
at the IHSA Office

Livestreaming exclusively on the
NFHS Network

It is one of my favorite entertainment nights of the year - listening to Don Werntz and John Reid do a 5-hour playoff show on Big Radio out of northwest Illinois.

I will be down in Bloomington on Saturday night taking part in the IHSA TV production for the Pairings Night.....I'll be on the pre and post pairings show with Jim Taylor and Steve Soucie breaking down everything before and after the pairings are announced via IHSA.org more detials are coming today or tomorrow regarding the TV side from IHSA and as soon as it's available I will post it here.
Bring back a gondola for me if it's not too much trouble. :)

I’ll be joining you. I must immerse myself in the Batavia community because with all the great teams in 7A, I think the road runs through Batavia if any of them want the crown.

I would think that MC, the defending champs, would be the favorite despite the rankings.. Rankings don't mean much after the 2nd round and would love it if Batavia played them Later down the playoff road, just to see 63 in his cheerleading outfit..
Please come immerse yourself, there will be plenty of immersing by the bar:)

Can I borrow a red and yellow hoodie for the night?

Sure, we have plenty..

Last edited:
Don't forget Michaleos Pizza too.. Might be dating myself..
The Michaeleo's pepperoni/green pepper pie was an occasional treat. Cash was tight back then, had to suffer through Pizza World at 2 a.m. In hindsight might have been the worst pizza known to man!

The Michaeleo's pepperoni/green pepper pie was an occasional treat. Cash was tight back then, had to suffer through Pizza World at 2 a.m. In hindsight might have been the worst pizza known to man!
The manager at the time was from my hometown(good football player btw, crazy) so cash wasn't a problem when he worked:) Large extra cheese with green and black olives was our go to..

Late late and short on cash, we'd order Groggs(home of the hearty fart) which was the equivalent to Pizza World if not worse..

The manager at the time was from my hometown(good football player btw, crazy) so cash wasn't a problem when he worked:) Large extra cheese with green and black olives was our go to..

Late late and short on cash, we'd order Groggs(home of the hearty fart) which was the equivalent to Pizza World if not worse..
Grogs "home of Mold", however, many a night I would walk out of Shannigans, order a pizza from Grogs, walk home and the delivery driver and I would arrive at the same time. I always thought Jakes was the best pizza down there.

Grogs "home of Mold", however, many a night I would walk out of Shannigans, order a pizza from Grogs, walk home and the delivery driver and I would arrive at the same time. I always thought Jakes was the best pizza down there.
Don't remember Jake's, I do remember Garcia's though.. I was a Rocky's guy, sometimes the Gallery..

Don't remember Jake's, I do remember Garcia's though.. I was a Rocky's guy, sometimes the Gallery..
I've found myself craving Garcia's recently, I wandered off to the Gallery and Rocky's many times, but typical afternoon/evening started at the Pub II-Shannigans-Bogey's and after hours. Most of my roommates and I worked at the bars.

I've found myself craving Garcia's recently, I wandered off to the Gallery and Rocky's many times, but typical afternoon/evening started at the Pub II-Shannigans-Bogey's and after hours. Most of my roommates and I worked at the bars.
Was Joe Beck still spinning records at Bogey’s along side Lady J?

Didn't like the music at Bogey's and the chicks at Rocky's were hotter..:) Plus another upperclassmen footballer was a manager/bartender/DJ at Rocky's.. A lot of free drinks those days.. My roommates were in a band called Electric Poobah, a Gallery staple.. Thought Shannigans was too crowded and yuppyish, so we would hit the Cellar if we were in the pool & darts mode..

Bogey's was opened an hour later, which was most people's reason for going there. Many of the employees of the bar industry ended up at our house for afterhours.

Bogey's was opened an hour later, which was most people's reason for going there. Many of the employees of the bar industry ended up at our house for afterhours.
Hopefully it was mainly the bartender/waitresses and not just bar backs and bouncers..

Didn't like the music at Bogey's and the chicks at Rocky's were hotter..:) Plus another upperclassmen footballer was a manager/bartender/DJ at Rocky's.. A lot of free drinks those days.. My roommates were in a band called Electric Poobah, a Gallery staple.. Thought Shannigans was too crowded and yuppyish, so we would hit the Cellar if we were in the pool & darts mode..
What year(s) was that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT