ADVERTISEMENT

My forecast says Thunderstorms for Saturday now.

What would today’s weather do to everyone’s predictions?
Would be pretty hard to throw the ball.
Who does it impact most, Naz?

If the weather prediction is correct, who will it affect the most in the 5A-8A games. Any wind predictions to go along with the rain?

Very simple formula for DeKold I mean DeKalb....whatever the expected temp is being projected subtract 5 degrees off and add that number to the wind speed....
I can attest to that! Many of days walking from Stevenson dorms to Campus. Windy and cold is right.

Reactions: Gene K.
Probably would affect most offenses. Most teams run primarily out of shotgun sets so the snap will get interesting on every play with rain and wind. Is PR the only team in 5A-8A that runs plays from under center still?

My most updated weather forecast says:

Rain all day
14+ mph winds
Thunderstorms starting about 12 noon and possibly lasting until 6-7pm.

But that's a Joliet / Coal City area forecast. I not savvy enough to change to the actual game location.

I wouldn’t sleep on Naz’s run game. I know they passed a lot, because they can, but they definitely are not one dimensional. Their run defense is pretty solid too.

the weather should make it fun to watch if you like smash mouth football.

I wouldn’t sleep on Naz’s run game. I know they passed a lot, because they can, but they definitely are not one dimensional. Their run defense is pretty solid too.

the weather should make it fun to watch if you like smash mouth football.
Absolutely, the kid [Strong] is healthy, and he’s a great back. Hopefully, we can somehow contain him...

Saturday DeKalb weather

St. Rita's game
10 a.m. 37 degrees, rain, winds 15 mph, gusts to 20

Mount Carmel's game
4 p.m. 41 degrees, rain, winds 17 mph, gusts to 22

Last edited:
Reactions: RockSoup
If there's lightning, wouldn't that throw the entire game schedule off and could games get switched to Sunday?

Otherwise, with lightning delays, 8A kickoff could be at 11 pm Saturday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT