ADVERTISEMENT

My Final 2021 Class 5A Top 10 polls.....so for 2022 who's in and who's out?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Class 5A

1. Fenwick 12-2 (1) Season Completed
2. Kankakee 13-1 (2) Season Completed
3. Nazareth Academy 7-5 (3)
4. Sycamore 9-4 (4)
5. Morton 10-3 (5)
6. Marion 10-2 (6)
7. Mahomet Seymour 11-1 (7)
8. St. Patrick 7-5 (8)
9. Morris 10-1 (9)
10. Marmion Academy 7-4 (10)

So listed above is my 2021 Final Class 5A Top 10 poll...so which schools should stay and which schools should go for the Preseason 2022 Class 5A Top 10?

Class 5A

1. Fenwick 12-2 (1) Season Completed
2. Kankakee 13-1 (2) Season Completed
3. Nazareth Academy 7-5 (3)
4. Sycamore 9-4 (4)
5. Morton 10-3 (5)
6. Marion 10-2 (6)
7. Mahomet Seymour 11-1 (7)
8. St. Patrick 7-5 (8)
9. Morris 10-1 (9)
10. Marmion Academy 7-4 (10)

So listed above is my 2021 Final Class 5A Top 10 poll...so which schools should stay and which schools should go for the Preseason 2022 Class 5A Top 10?
Here is one opinion for 2022.

1. Nazareth
2. Fenwick
3. Sycamore
4. Sterling
5. Morris
6. Peoria
7. Kankakee
8. Morton
9. Mascoutah
10. Rockford Boylan

Last edited:
I’d definitely start with Highland in the top 10, Mascoutah is probably near the edge for me. They could easily be a top team with their talent, but they have a lot to fill with qb Chase Hanson graduated. The 5A south bracket will certainly be interesting this year

Here is one opinion for 2022.

1. Nazareth
2. Fenwick
3. Sycamore
4. Sterling
5. Morris
6. Peoria
7. Kankakee
8. Morton
9. Mascoutah
10. Rockford Boylan
Kankakee will beat Nazareth on week 1. Kankakee is loaded. Naz lost a 4 year 2 way starter on Varsity.

Fenwick got hit hard by graduation. Not sure what they have in the cupboard but their graduation loses talent wise are significant. I say Kankakee is the favorite

Reactions: Irishfan90
Great! Having your own business is a big step toward financial independence. That's what Edgy and a lot of others have done. Hope you have a ton of success.
Thanks man. I can sell the heck out of this. I created the demo to sell it wholesale. Now, I’ll sell retail. Much better margins.

I will be selling and installing: https://bluepointalert.com/contact-us/

just don’t sleep on Marion this year fellas
Marion has made the postseason 16 straight years, but it tends to be hard to judge their real strength with how far south they are. I’m not familiar with their roster, but if they return many from last year, they should be a force in the postseason. Especially if they can make some teams make a multi-hour drive down to them

Anything out there about Kaneland? I thought they played a few good sophs in their offensive skill positions last season. Tough draw getting Fenwick in Round 1 last year.

Reactions: Davelars21
Wouldn't you have to figure in SHG and JCA into 5A this year because they won state trophy's last year, or do they get to stay down in 4A?

Wouldn't you have to figure in SHG and JCA into 5A this year because they won state trophy's last year, or do they get to stay down in 4A?
They are in 4A again this year. They will be 5A next year, which starts the next 2-year cycle.

They are in 4A again this year. They will be 5A next year, which starts the next 2-year cycle.
This new enrollment/multiplier system is good for some non boundry schools and not so good for others.

Anything out there about Kaneland? I thought they played a few good sophs in their offensive skill positions last season. Tough draw getting Fenwick in Round 1 last year.
Until they stop giving up 40+ pts a game they won't last long in the playoffs.

Morris is a top three team this year. I think its Kankakee at 1, Fenwick at 2 and Morris at 3.

Just watched Sterling play Lake Villa Lakes and not expecting much from Sterling this year after all the injuries last year, I have to say as I watched skeptically I was a believer again when they running clocked Lake Villa Lakes. Now I’m wondering if Lake Villa is that bad or is Sterling that good? Guess we will know more after next week when they play Wheaton Saint Francis.

Reactions: Gene K.
Just watched Sterling play Lake Villa Lakes and not expecting much from Sterling this year after all the injuries last year, I have to say as I watched skeptically I was a believer again when they running clocked Lake Villa Lakes. Now I’m wondering if Lake Villa is that bad or is Sterling that good? Guess we will know more after next week when they play Wheaton Saint Francis.
I can't speak to Sterling, but I would say nobody is expecting much from Lakes this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT