ADVERTISEMENT

Mt. Carmel vs. Loyola Academy Live!

i like this backup QB for MC. Some people are just FB players and he seems like he is one.

Darn it! Don't tell me post wiener LA is the same LA as usual.

i like this backup QB for MC. Some people are just FB players and he seems like he is one.
LOL!!! Talk about finding a silver lining in a dark storm cloud... MC losing 31-7 despite Loyola missing a few kids to injury. MC needs star QB back in a hurry. :eek:

He's very good, should have been starting the whole year

What's up McC? Why hasn't the offense clicked in a while? I think the 2013 (ty to Car8 and Bow50 for helping my brain) state championship was more due to the best defense in the state that year. And I'm not one to blame the trip option because when executed, it's unstoppable. I don't know what gives

Last edited:
What's up McC? Why hasn't the offense clicked in a while? I think the 2015 state championship was more due to the best defense in the state that year. And I'm not one to blame the trip option because when executed, it's unstoppable. I don't know what gives
The key phrase in your question is "when executed" which hasn't been the case. Thomas definitely adds the explosion of an outside runner and playmaker. It seems the past few seasons it seems like the QB's have been unable to make the pitch consistently. If a QB is not confident in his ability to make the outside pitch, it takes away 1/3 of the option offense.

And it was probably a typo but the last MC state title was 2013. But I do think QB that year improved as the season progressed and by the playoffs was executing the offense very well.

Reactions: RockSoup
What's up McC? Why hasn't the offense clicked in a while? I think the 2015 state championship was more due to the best defense in the state that year. And I'm not one to blame the trip option because when executed, it's unstoppable. I don't know what gives
2013?

The key phrase in your question is "when executed" which hasn't been the case. Thomas definitely adds the explosion of an outside runner and playmaker. It seems the past few seasons it seems like the QB's have been unable to make the pitch consistently. If a QB is not confident in his ability to make the outside pitch, it takes away 1/3 of the option offense.

And it was probably a typo but the last MC state title was 2013. But I do think QB that year improved as the season progressed and by the playoffs was executing the offense very well.

Fixed. Thanks

What's up McC? Why hasn't the offense clicked in a while? I think the 2013 (ty to Car8 and Bow50 for helping my brain) state championship was more due to the best defense in the state that year. And I'm not one to blame the trip option because when executed, it's unstoppable. I don't know what gives
Funny thing as great as those MC 2012 and 2013 teams were....they both lost to Loyola! Matt Domer...Jimmy Mickens....Draco Smith...Don Butkus....they ran the option perfectly....and they had Jason Gasser, Vince Spiller and Christian Searles as receivers so you couldn't focus on just the run...and a shut down defense. Last year we tried Trudeau, didn't work, Thomas learned on the fly. This year Thomas (understandably so) is in Canada playing ball and there best WR is also their best RB in Nakos...so until Thomas gets back, teams will stuff the box and stop the offense

Great analysis McC. I honestly believe Searles was the MVP of the 2013 team. Kid was on the field every play and had a nose for the ball. Hopefully Thomas gets a lot of reps this week and next and is ready to roll for SR.

Reactions: McCaravan
Does MC win today with Thomas at QB?
If MC doesn't cough up the ball the entire 1st half its a different game. As stated above its a moot point because who knows, but he would have brought a new dimension to the game and made the team more competitive. In my eyes, and this is just my opinion, he's as talented as Samson Evans, not as polished as a QB as he is, but makes you hold your breath every time he has the ball in his hands.

Best part of the broadcast was Lenti on tape saying what needs to be said to these parents and kids, he is the man !

Reactions: Bowie50
I missed it, what was said?

He didn't talk much about what needs to said to parents and kids. Rather, it was more along the lines of complaining about kids who are more in it for themselves than for the team and about parents who have unrealistic expectations about their kids (he gave the example of parents who complain that their kid got into an Ivy League school and not a major football school). He also said that this sort of attitude was more present with last year's team (and parents) than the current year's.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT