ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Carmel Phillips score

Is the Phillips QB Nate Turner’s son? I thought one of his kids was at Phillips?
Had a real rough night, sacked numerous times, very few completions...but this isn’t the same Phillips team as it was under McCallister.

Reactions: sivada2001
Had a real rough night, sacked numerous times, very few completions...but this isn’t the same Phillips team as it was under McCallister.
Agreed. They’ll fall off quickly. I just heard the Turner name and I wasn’t positive if it was Nate’s son. I knew he had a son at Phillips before but for some reason thought he had graduated.

With all respect to the Caravan watchers who predicted growing pains for a young, inexperienced team, MC has shown us all two things: A) In the hunt for a quarterback, Carmel found a pair of juniors, each of them with his own strengths and neither with glaring weaknesses. Like the innovative HC that he is, Jordan Lynch is platooning them, with excellent results so far. B) As others have pointed out, DC Dan O'Brien, who spent ten years in Dave Lenti''s shadow, learned all he could from the master and now is ready to create a legacy of his own.

With all respect to Carmel's future opponents, you would do well to heed the words of RB/DB Jaden Bossie: "We're coming."

With all respect to the Caravan watchers who predicted growing pains for a young, inexperienced team, MC has shown us all two things: A) In the hunt for a quarterback, Carmel found a pair of juniors, each of them with his own strengths and neither with glaring weaknesses. Like the innovative HC that he is, Jordan Lynch is platooning them, with excellent results so far. B) As others have pointed out, DC Dan O'Brien, who spent ten years in Dave Lenti''s shadow, learned all he could from the master and now is ready to create a legacy of his own.

With all respect to Carmel's future opponents, you would do well to heed the words of RB/DB Jaden Bossie: "We're coming."
They’re ranked #1 in AP 7A.

Blue Rain - while I am thrilled with the 2-0 start… let’s not run before we walk. Not a single person outside of the Phillips players and their families thought this would be a close game. Did I think it would be 42-0? No but I had MC covering the 28 points as many others did. Marist, BR, LA will all be very tough games. Both QB’s played well yesterday against a bad team, and both played average at best week 1 against SR. Let’s see how they handle LA, BR, Marist defenses before we claim that MC has found 2 QB’s that have no glaring weaknesses. In the meantime, 2-0 feels great! Go Caravan!

Blue Rain - while I am thrilled with the 2-0 start… let’s not run before we walk. Not a single person outside of the Phillips players and their families thought this would be a close game. Did I think it would be 42-0? No but I had MC covering the 28 points as many others did. Marist, BR, LA will all be very tough games. Both QB’s played well yesterday against a bad team, and both played average at best week 1 against SR. Let’s see how they handle LA, BR, Marist defenses before we claim that MC has found 2 QB’s that have no glaring weaknesses. In the meantime, 2-0 feels great! Go Caravan!
THIS ^ can you Coach my kid?

Talented… yes
Are they a danger to Loyola or BR in 7A? Not yet. As I said, both QB’s have played average and there are definitely areas for improvements. I think both RB’s are good; and once again the defense will be the strength of this team. Offensive line has some good players and some guys who can use some conditioning. MC had a great win against SR and an expected route of Phillips. Nothing this season has given me reason to warn future opponents about this particular MC team. If they continue to grow and improve they will have a good season.

I should curb my lavish spirit, so I'll hedge and say that they will go 2/3 in the Blue. It will be a tough fight, but MC has the luck, the odds, and a bit of magic going for it.
I don’t like making predictions……. Something is telling me MC is done walking and will start running this week over at 115th and Pulaski. This is a good solid Marist team I just think this will be MC’s breakout week.

Answer me this. How many “experts” were predicting a 14-0 state championship team in ‘19? I know they had 7 games that could have went either way. My guess nobody predicted what that young group would go on to accomplish. Not saying this team will duplicate what ‘19 team accomplished. But they’re eerily familiar!

I don’t like making predictions……. Something is telling me MC is done walking and will start running this week over at 115th and Pulaski. This is a good solid Marist team I just think this will be MC’s breakout week.

Answer me this. How many “experts” were predicting a 14-0 state championship team in ‘19? I know they had 7 games that could have went either way. My guess nobody predicted what that young group would go on to accomplish. Not saying this team will duplicate what ‘19 team accomplished. But they’re eerily familiar!
I don’t think anyone predicted 14-0, but that team had Justin Lynch who was a more polished and capable QB then Dowling/Arrington. This years team has much more speed and depth at the skill positions though.

I don’t think anyone predicted 14-0, but that team had Justin Lynch who was a more polished and capable QB then Dowling/Arrington. This years team has much more speed and depth at the skill positions though.
No doubt about it. How many MC teams in the past haven’t had a Div.1 QB at the helm and went On to do great things? And how many have had Div. 1 QB’s who haven’t reached the ultimate goal of a state championship? I’d say even money. More to a team than the QB and that’s not say the combination of Dowling/Arrington has been a weak spot by no means. They’ve definitely silenced the talk of a big question mark at QB thus far. Long road ahead but I like what I’ve seen so far. Go MC!

No doubt about it. How many MC teams in the past haven’t had a Div.1 QB at the helm and went On to do great things? And how many have had Div. 1 QB’s who haven’t reached the ultimate goal of a state championship? I’d say even money. More to a team than the QB and that’s not say the combination of Dowling/Arrington has been a weak spot by no means. They’ve definitely silenced the talk of a big question mark at QB thus far. Long road ahead but I like what I’ve seen so far. Go MC!
RPO offense you need that QB. Justin Lynch was perfect for it. Other MC Champion QBs ran the Veer, which you needed a QB as well, but from a different angle, they didn’t have to be as dominant if you made good decisions and had 2 capable RBs. They’ve been getting it done for sure though, let’s hope it continues vs the Blue.

Reactions: MC2023
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT