ADVERTISEMENT

MS @ Warren

I will take MS straight up in this match up. I think Warren lost to much from last year for a program on the up swing. MS is a power program and Warren had one great year. This is a trap game. Don’t take MS lightly. IMO they didn’t take this game by mistake.

I would say 23 combined wins in two years is more than one good year.

Wish they would’ve played them this year. Wouldn’t sleep on Warren next year or for the next few. Won’t be rebuilding as much as they will be reloading.

Reactions: MS4EVER and Bowie50
Great to see MS continuing to schedule teams that will challenge them and win or lose will make them better. That philosophy started at MS many years ago.

Makes complete sense when you play in a conference that you have dominated since the middle ages.

Reactions: MS4EVER
Home of six flags ... has reloaded. Plus strong pipeline ! Warren has Barrington game 1 and MS game 2. Should be an interestingl year for Warren. They will be ready for playoffs.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
In each of the past 17 seasons, Warren has had non-conference games scheduled for Weeks 1 & 2.
That is 34 total games. Of those 34, the Warren opponent made the IHSA playoffs 33 times. The only early-season foe that didn't make the playoffs was Glenbard North, which whiffed completely on its 2018 season.
Warren records those first two weeks:
vs. Barrington (1-2)
vs. Glenbard North (2-0)
vs. Maine South (2-6).
vs. Highland Park (2-0)
vs. Lyons (2-2)
vs. New Trier (8-7)

That's 17-17 for a total record Weeks 1 & 2 the past 17 seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT