ADVERTISEMENT

Morris vs jca

Initial thoughts on this one? Is JCA healthy coming into the game? Pretty much a guarantee this will be Saturday, I hope it's a night game so more people have the chance to catch this one.

Not much point in diving into the X's and O's too much as each team knows what the other brings to the table at this point.

I think the SHG game will be beneficial for Morris going forward as it's the first time they've really been tested all year. Sycamore was a close game but Morris jumped out early and the game wasn't really ever in doubt. The reason this game was so close was because Morris hadn't played a team that throws every down but with JCA being a more traditional team I see this being a typical hard nosed physical game and will likely be decided by a TD or less in either direction.

My two cents: JCA needs to play a clean game by limiting the turnovers and penalties. In JCA’s three losses, they led each game by ten or more points, but made key turnovers and penalties which really hurt them.

Morris will challenge the JCA defense, especially with their pass game. Morris QB is very good and has a nice group of skill weapons.

How healthy is Morris? Can JCA play a relatively clean game? Who wins battle at the LOS? Should be a good one.

My two cents: JCA needs to play a clean game by limiting the turnovers and penalties. In JCA’s three losses, they led each game by ten or more points, but made key turnovers and penalties which really hurt them.

Morris will challenge the JCA defense, especially with their pass game. Morris QB is very good and has a nice group of skill weapons.

How healthy is Morris? Can JCA play a relatively clean game? Who wins battle at the LOS? Should be a good one.
TBD on Morris' health. The biggest question mark will be RB Swartz and how serious his arm/shoulder injury is. Other than that I think they should be in good shape.

I think Morris' front 7 will be the biggest factor. If they can slow down the JCA run game they have a better chance.

Reactions: 89morrisgrad
I count 8 playoff meetings starting in 1990. When did they ever play in the regular season? It's got to be ions ago.
LOL, no it was 2006 and 2007. Morris won in the playoffs in 2005 and then in the regular season and playoffs in 2006. Someone said it was the first time a team beat JCA 3 consecutive times in one calendar year.

I count 8 playoff meetings starting in 1990. When did they ever play in the regular season? It's got to be ions ago.
2006 and 2007.....Morris actually beat JCA 3 times in a row...2005 playoffs...2006 regular season and playoffs...JCA whipped up on Morris in 2007 reg. season

Reactions: 4Afan
Initial thoughts on this one?
This season's JCA squad suffers a little bit from "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" sometimes they look unbeatable and sometimes, not so much. Their play calling also has been suffering from "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" but has been pretty good the last few weeks.

JCA's front 7 defensively is extremely physical and good. Their O-line is a typical JCA line, big and strong. But their Offensive skill players are not so much your typical JCA backfield. This backfield is based more on skill, athleticism and speed.
Is JCA healthy coming into the game?
I'm not completely in the know, but JCA is pretty heathy with maybe 2-3 players a little dinged up.

I heard Morris may have lost one of their best RBs, that would be unfortunate.

Overall I think it will be a great game. :)

2006 and 2007.....Morris actually beat JCA 3 times in a row...2005 playoffs...2006 regular season and playoffs...JCA whipped up on Morris in 2007 reg. season
I must be getting old, as those regular season matchups have me drawing a total blank. L O L

on my ride home I talked to my brothers uncles sons girlfriend who heard from somebody on the team that since the Morris Rb is injured a pretty good running back from the scout team is going to take his place this weekend. They said his name is Juan Dereago and he wears jersey number 5 so that may be the difference maker.

on my ride home I talked to my brothers uncles sons girlfriend who heard from somebody on the team that since the Morris Rb is injured a pretty good running back from the scout team is going to take his place this weekend. They said his name is Juan Dereago and he wears jersey number 5 so that may be the difference maker.
:p

Classic game should be a good one.
Rochester fans will think they are better than both teams. Hey they won’t petition up so we can always look at them as trophy collectors in lower levels. Heck anyone north are just northerners. 😂
Good lord, go to bed man. Stop hijacking threads. You already made Edgy repost the quarterfinal date and time thread because you can't follow instructions. There's enough Morris and JCA fans in the know who can discuss and analyze the game without you chiming in with whatever this is.

Based on how well the CCL-ESCC has been doing in the playoffs, I like JCA by at least 2 touchdowns. Strength of schedule matters come playoff time.
While yes JC has had the better schedule and usually does these 2 are no strangers to each other so to speak. Just based on past history between the 2 teams If memory serves correct there has only been 1 game between them that has been by more than 2 scores. I could very well be wrong. I would say a 10 point game in either direction is a fair assessment right now.

I can’t continue you guys take it to personal and I don’t, so better to leave before it gets to out of hand. Sorry but it’s not worth it.
There's not even anything to really take personal you just hijack threads and completely change the subject. It started on the Morris/SHG thread and you brought it here completely unprovoked.

There is a saying in sports “don’t believe the hype” but I can say it does not apply here as these have always been big, big games.
Many of the boys playing in Saturday’s game, and likely many of their parents, have little or no memory/experience of/with this rivalry.
After doing some digging, below is what I found; this Internet thing is really something!
This will be the 12th game of the rivalry with the Hilltoppers leading the series 7-4.
I believe I have seen 10 of the 11 games, so I have added my partisan commentary.
Yes, the ghost of John Dergo remains a haunting memory.
  • 1923 Morris won 6-0 in Morris --- I was not there
  • 1990 Hilltoppers won 36-10 in Joliet --- the USA Today had Morris Ranked 4th Nationally the week of the game
  • 1999 Hilltoppers won 16-14 in Joliet--- Morris Missed Field Goal with under a minute left
  • 2001 Hilltoppers won 27-20 in Champaign --- The Lonesome Polecat appeared
  • 2003 Hilltoppers won 14-10 in Joliet --- Hilltoppers had the ball with 4th and Inches late and Morris called time out with none left and an assistant coach went berserk and was flagged, the penalties resulted in a 1st Down allowing the clock to run out
  • 2004 Hilltoppers won 17-0 in Champaign --- The Morris team was acclaimed to be its best ever
  • 2005 Morris won 28-21 in Morris --- Dergo, Dergo, Dergo, Dergo ……… Dergo ……..
  • 2006 Morris won in Morris 27-21 --- The See-Saw scoring game
  • 2006 Morris won in Morris 21-18 --- “Woodshed” game
  • 2007 Hilltoppers won 55-15 in Joliet --- "Woodshed" retribution
  • 2011 Hilltoppers won 41-7 in Morris --- The 21-0 Halftime lead resulted in the quietest I have ever heard a Morris fanbase
  • 2023 in Morris …..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT