ADVERTISEMENT

Montini....

What about Morris Community High School (MCHS)? There just so many potential MCHS's and with short names like Montini and Morris do we really need the confusion of abbreviating a short name as MCHS (on the forum at least)?

It's been that way since you got here, don't break it!

Found out QB Blake Yore is back at Montini and will backup Bell at QB.

I'm sure Mudd will also likely be a backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Looks like QB Robert Brazziel is playing for the Taft Senators in Cincinnati, Ohio.

=====

WEST END – New Stargel Stadium isn't quite fully open, but will be soon. The Taft Senators are already practicing at the new field and several Cincinnati Public School squads will benefit from the facility soon. The relocated venue will be football ready by the end of the month with additional items added by mid-September.

CPS schools using the new field

Taft's Senators were 8-2 last season and 5-0 in the Cincinnati Metro Athletic Conference. Seniors Robert "Bobbie" Medalion and Anthony Gaulden, juniors Robert Brazziel and Gianni Rudolph and sophomore AJ Lowe are a few of Taft's top players.

Last edited:
I don't know, we lost a lot also not including to graduation. A qb, lb and ss.
Teams lose players every year. Montini also has a ton returning, including the starting QB. If you are not fully on board with this version of the Broncos, you never will be.

Coach Bu thinks that this is the best group of players that Montini has had in the past 6 or 7 years. Remains to be seen as the unbeaten Montini team in 2015 didn't lose a game.

Coach Bu thinks that this is the best group of players that Montini has had in the past 6 or 7 years. Remains to be seen as the unbeaten Montini team in 2015 didn't lose a game.

Bu has not seen much in his day. He only has like 17 state championships.

Didn’t lose a game but not the best Montini team in recent memory, IMHO. That honor goes to 2011-12 team (westerkamps last year).

Two fast teams but 2012 had too much firepower

I think your right but 2016 had 2 all state linebackers and you have to find a way to stop Prince and Blake. 2016 also had a great d line.

2012 also had the Driscoll kids including Campanella, a good DE and a huge DT or am I thinking of the wrong year???

Last edited:
I think your right but 2016 had 2 all state linebackers and you have to find a way to stop Prince and Blake. 2016 also had a great d line.

2016 had an angry defense but 2012 was solid also maybe just a smidge slower. The difference was the firepower on offense. They were sooooo good by the end of the year. If Rhode doesn’t get hurt before the season, they would have had a great chance t re-write the record books for offense in Illinois

Right Rhode was unbelievable. If he played the entire year his stats would be historical.

Who were the 2016 DB's who would be trying to stop Westerkamp and friends??

Didnt the JCA run still eat up the 2012 Broncos defense? I don't think that JCA team could move that ball much on the 2016 defense.

In 2012 Bronco and JCA was the north semifinal. First half Ty had well over a 100 yds with JCA up by at least 17 points. 2nd half Bu adjusted the defense concentrated on shutting down Ty! Jca didn’t adjust and ended up losing to an Adriano inspired Montini! Was an awesome game!

2012 also had the Driscoll kids including Campanella, a good DE and a huge DT or am I thinking of the wrong year???

Campenella Graduated from Montini in 2010, his first, last and only year playing football for Montini was 2009. My memory may be shot, but I don't remember any other kids who transferred from Driscoll to Montini, after Driscoll closed, that made an impact other than Campenella.

Campenella Graduated from Montini in 2010, his first, last and only year playing football for Montini was 2009. My memory may be shot, but I don't remember any other kids who transferred from Driscoll to Montini, after Driscoll closed, that made an impact other than Campenella.

There were two others from Driscoll. One kid was a DT who was huge. He went to Montini his freshman year, then transferred to Driscoll and.then transferred back to Montini.

The other was a DE and a tough kid.He was a impact player.

S Lichounas and Z Tredenick.

Last edited:
In 2012 Bronco and JCA was the north semifinal. First half Ty had well over a 100 yds with JCA up by at least 17 points. 2nd half Bu adjusted the defense concentrated on shutting down Ty! Jca didn’t adjust and ended up losing to an Adriano inspired Montini! Was an awesome game!

I think the two best teams we are comparing is the 2016 team vs the team that beat JCA 70-45 in the state title game.

Montini 2016 D line had Detmers and Bey at DT and Hyland and Andino at DE. This line was very good and Monte Bey was huge and playing stunning defense at the end of the year. Nobody could run up the middle vs Bey.

And if you got by the d line, you had to deal with Embrey and Kapp at LB. Both were all state.

They really wouldn’t need to run against 2016 broncos. They could just utilize the screen pass to neutralize the rough middle of the defense. And there was one team that did run it in them. It was the last game they lost for awhile.

I think the two best teams we are comparing is the 2016 team vs the team that beat JCA 70-45 in the state title game.
That was the 2011 team not much defense! Very cool though! Josh and Jordan the lethal passing combo! Taylor in the backfield! Also Montini had Jaleel Johnson at D tackle that year who I believe is still the NFL. Then JCA had two D1 backs in the backfield that year in Ty Isaac and ??????? I can’t think of his name right now!

Josh and Jaleel both transferred into Montini for the spring semester of their junior years to be eligible for their senior year of ball at Montini.

The big adjustment was adding Leon Thornton to the defense in the second half who I think was a freshman that year and playing Borsellino more on defense.

We should have added Fedanzo to the defense last year every time JCA was in the red zone and we probably win state last year.

Last edited:
That was the 2011 team not much defense! Very cool though! Josh and Jordan the lethal passing combo! Taylor in the backfield! Also Montini had Jaleel Johnson at D tackle that year who I believe is still the NFL. Then JCA had two D1 backs in the backfield that year in Ty Isaac and ?????? I can’t think of his name right now!

That was the 2011 team not much defense! Very cool though! Josh and Jordan the lethal passing combo! Taylor in the backfield! Also Montini had Jaleel Johnson at D tackle that year who I believe is still the NFL. Then JCA had two D1 backs in the backfield that year in Ty Isaac and ?????? I can’t think of his name right now!
Malin Jones was the other JC back. Went to NU and then transferred to Louisville

Yep! Think about it they had 3 d1 backs in the backfield when you include Josh Ferguson! That would be in 2010.

Reactions: USD24
Yep! Think about it they had 3 d1 backs in the backfield when you include Josh Ferguson! That would be in 2010.

That JCA team was loaded.

That 09 state title game was great.The final drive by Montini in that game was awesome!

Campanella wrestling the pass away from the JCA defender on the sidelines was a huge turning point in that game. Those Driscoll kids really stepped up their game and showed JCA why they are the 7x consecutive state champs.

Last edited:
That JCA team was loaded.

That 09 state title game was great.The final drive by Montini in that game was awesome!

Campanella wrestling the pass away from the JCA defender on the sidelines was a huge turning point in that game. Those Driscoll kids really stepped up their game and showed JCA why they are the 7x consecutive state champs.
..... and all these years later, the ball has STILL not crossed the goal line on that 2 Point Conversion!
Great game indeed.

..... and all these years later, the ball has STILL not crossed the goal line on that 2 Point Conversion!
Great game indeed.

All those years later and the denial continues even when the close up picture from the Lombardian newspaper clearly showed the 2 point conversion was good.

Win or lose it does not matter, both are great teams and these schools always give the fans a great game!!

Last edited:
All those years later and the denial continues even when the close up picture from the Lombardian newspaper clearly showed the 2 point conversion was good.

Win or lose it does not matter, both are great teams and these schools always give the fans a great game!!
Photo Shopped local fake news!
Receiver was on his knees, so down, when the ball was caught on the 9 inch line!
Da Nile is a river in Egypt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT