ADVERTISEMENT

Montini....

I just found out Brazziel who had a great Soph season at QB at Montini transferred to Cincinnati to live with his mother. Bell now becomes Montini's lone QB. I really like Bell but Brazziel's passing ability was great. He played awesome in the win over Loyola last year.

Did anyone hear what Cincy HS Brazziel will be at? Hoping maybe Archbishop Moeller??

Montini had another QB Blake Yore who is the QB at Oswego.

Last edited:
Montini had another QB Blake Yore who is the QB at Oswego.
Sounds like Thornton whose QB has gotten positive reviews, lost Sam Jackson and Dontrell Jackson. Thornton could be a top 10 team if they had their guys.

Sounds like Thornton whose QB has gotten positive reviews, lost Sam Jackson and Dontrell Jackson. Thornton could be a top 10 team if they had their guys.
I'm waiting for Dontrell Jackson Sr. to get Dontrell Jackson Jr. at Thorton....if they lost their starter this could happen sooner then later.

Reactions: CougsX
No, flow with it. (Montini +28.5 vs MCHS -28.5)

I'll take the points and Montini. :)

I don't know whether you got those numbers from MaxPreps or your local bookie, but if you really knew sports betting odds, you'd get yourself on Jeopardy! and win a couple of million dollars, like that guy from Naperville.

I don't know whether you got those numbers from MaxPreps or your local bookie, but if you really knew sports betting odds, you'd get yourself on Jeopardy! and win a couple of million dollars, like that guy from Naperville.

28.5 points seemed fair considering you said:

MCHS should destroy Montini.

And all I want is 28.5 points to take Montini.

Reactions: Gene K.
28.5 points seemed fair considering you said:

And all I want is 28.5 points to take Montini.

That's a pretty good bet for you. Carmel could win by 27 points, which would qualify in my mind as a pretty solid victory, but you'd still win the bet on points, which is an unfair advantage. Carmel should win by three touchdowns, so I might give you 15 points. Or it could be a closer game. Either way, I don't see Montini winning. If Mount Carmel plays as well as it's done for two years in a row against East St. Louis, there are not many teams that can beat them. But they do have a history of loosing to teams that they should have beaten, such as Lake Zurich and St. Charles North. I think that even after the loss last year in the semifinals, Carmel finished ahead of SCN in the Tribune's final rankings.

Last edited:
31-0, but Rice was on a roll last year. Montini beat Carmel in 2016, and Carmel won in 2017. As many posters pointed out, it was an interesting match-up.

How’d you do vs. Loyola? I believe Montini beat them last year.
Montini beat Loyola when they were without several injured players. Just like we did. Crusaders actually beat Loyola 35-3 in the regular season, championship game didn’t go as well.

Montini beat Loyola when they were without several injured players. Just like we did. Crusaders actually beat Loyola 35-3 in the regular season, championship game didn’t go as well.
So.... not when it counted most.

Is mchs the new Lincoln way east ,please we heard all of the overwhelming bs ,don't start with mount Carmel,,remember frank lenti is not there?? Sink in yet?

Mchs, mostly known as MC on these parts, will be luck to win two games this year.
too many MCs around here. Or is it Emcee. Somebody needs to change their name. Or repost an old post of which initials are to be used for which school for the newbies.

too many MCs around here. Or is it Emcee. Somebody needs to change their name. Or repost an old post of which initials are to be used for which school for the newbies.
I always thought the following

MC - Mt Carmel
MCHS - Marian Catholic
MCC - Marian Central Catholic
Montini - Montini also posted as MCHS which conflicts with Marian Catholic

MC - Mt Carmel
MCHS - Marian Catholic
I don't think many people talk about Marian of the Heights

I don't know why your cousin would be offended. Because of her pitching prowess at Sox Park, Sister Mary Jo Sobieck was honored with a bobblehead doll moulded in her likeness. Everyone had fun with it, including Sister Mary Jo.

Last edited:

MC - Mt Carmel
MCHS - Marian Catholic

MCHS will always be Montini, MC is Mt. Carmel, MCC is Marian Central, Marian Catholic is irrelevant, so call them whatever you like, but MOTH (Marian of the Heights) works.

MCHS will always be Montini, MC is Mt. Carmel, MCC is Marian Central, Marian Catholic is irrelevant, so call them whatever you like, but MOTH (Marian of the Heights) works.
What about Morris Community High School (MCHS)? There just so many potential MCHS's and with short names like Montini and Morris do we really need the confusion of abbreviating a short name as MCHS (on the forum at least)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT