ADVERTISEMENT

Montini - Sycamore

Montini 21 Sycamore 17 8:37 in 4th.

Sycamore guys doing the broadcast are excellent. Not often you can find a non-homer broadcast

Sycamore was a tough physical team. Montini looked better in second half bs first half. Offense found itself after halftime.

This was a nail biter Wassup. Agree that the Sycamore OL dominated the first half but not the 2nd half. Their offense eats up the clock but it hurt them in the end. Fendanzo only had two or three carries in the 1st half and Montini definitely needs to give this kid the ball more. Once they started getting him some carries it opened up the passing game as he was also getting 4-5 yards a carry. Don't understand the wildcat call on 1st and goal at the 1 yard line when you have Fendanzo on your team who in addition to being super fast IMO has the size to be a power back. Montini's lucky they were able to punch it in after a holding penalty and finally a 2 yard TD by Fendanzo.

Reactions: Wassup13
Wildcat call. You need go add new wrinkles in the playoffs so you are not predictable and it makes upcoming teams have to prepare more for you.

I understand that but still didn't like the call when you are trailing and at the one yard line and need that TD to take the lead.

Agree thought they tried to be too cute out of the gate. Establish your game plan add the wrinkles in later. It was as if they were playing a heavy favorite and using trick plays and formations that was not needed. They didn't have a drive in the first half and no targets to 21 till after half. Also thought they waited wasaaayyyy too long to use a 5 man front

Reactions: Gene K.
I think this might have been the 5A championship game. Everyone left in the southern bracket is playing for an opportunity to get smoked by Montini.

I think this might have been the 5A championship game. Everyone left in the southern bracket is playing for an opportunity to get smoked by Montini.

You realize the JCA in the south bracket has played five teams that are in the quarterfinals this year. I mean give the south a little credit.

I think Jobare56 is a definitely a JCA fan since a lot of his posts are about JCA. Thanks for stirring the pot but the games are played on the field not in the blog.

Are you nuts. There are still some great teams left and there is a team lurking in the south and getting better every week ...

Hello JCA I see you coming!

Reactions: USD24
They didn't have a drive in the first half and no targets to 21 till after half.

They did not have a drive in the first half because the Sycamore OL was dominating and the clock kept running.

I would like to know the time of possession for both teams in the first half?

We also need to use #72 more for teams who like to run a lot to plug up the middle of the line.

They did not have a drive in the first half because the Sycamore OL was dominating and the clock kept running.

I would like to know the time of possession for both teams in the first half?

We also need to use #72 more for teams who like to run a lot to plug up the middle of the line.
The domination of line play in this game had no outcome on the score Montini won 21/17. End of story ,see ya next year.

Did you know former Rochelle coach Kevin Crandall is coaching the line for Sycamore this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT