ADVERTISEMENT

Montini-Fenwick

Wassup: I have been saying that Montini needs to run the ball more for the last 3 years.. Interestingly they ran the ball a lot versus Loyola. Didn't get a lot of yards but they set up the pass with those runs and it worked.

Reactions: Wassup13
Wassup: I have been saying that Montini needs to run the ball more for the last 3 years.. Interestingly they ran the ball a lot versus Loyola. Didn't get a lot of yards but they set up the pass with those runs and it worked.

I said the same about Montini in 2012. They had a really good back then and I though that they should have run a bit more so that they would avoid the 3 and outs they had. They had alot of them.

Montini had a great passing game in 2012 and its not that bad they threw alot, but I thought the run game would have opened the pass game more. It doesn't matter because they won the title anyway, but I was at the MCC game and Montini had a 3 td lead and lost the game because they were throwing just a bit to much.

I think Bukovsky likes to establish the run game first. I think he likes ball control more than throwing all the time. Well.......he is undefeated so he's doing something right.

I called Montini would go 7-2 a few weeks back thinkiing they would lose to LA so what do I know?

Reactions: Gene K.
I said the same about Montini in 2012. They had a really good back then and I though that they should have run a bit more so that they would avoid the 3 and outs they had. They had alot of them.

Montini had a great passing game in 2012 and its not that bad they threw alot, but I thought the run game would have opened the pass game more. It doesn't matter because they won the title anyway, but I was at the MCC game and Montini had a 3 td lead and lost the game because they were throwing just a bit to much.

I think Bukovsky likes to establish the run game first. I think he likes ball control more than throwing all the time. Well.......he is undefeated so he's doing something right.

I called Montini would go 7-2 a few weeks back thinkiing they would lose to LA so what do I know?
Same thing last year in particular. We had two really good backs but threw the ball or ran the QB option with the QB keeping the ball way too often. Could not understand how when your RB are averaging 4-5 yards a carry we were passing. I think Coach Bu and Casey learned a lot from last year and I am glad to see them run the ball to open up the pass.

Montini 42-0 - that is impressive. Montini gets by PC next week and sets up an all the marbles gave against Rice

Montini 42-0 - that is impressive. Montini gets by PC next week and sets up an all the marbles gave against Rice

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Take this one game at a time. Providence is our next game.

I never thought this team had a chance to be 7-0 right now. Congrats to Coach Bu and all the Assistant Coaches!

Reactions: Mr. Speed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT