ADVERTISEMENT

Minooka Jurys Out? or Force to be reckoned with?

I don’t care who it is they play as long as they are playing better competition. It’s not about LWE. East needs to schedule competitive teams for them like I said earlier ESL, MC or others similar in level of play. East needs to play tough competition in non-conference to get pushed. I like to see East play teams that they never have played before so I am intrigued with teams like Cary Grove, JC, NAZ but realize this might not be viable options competition wise. I like seeing East scheduling the Florida team but we saw how that worked out. I doubt coach Z will do that again, I am sure he was not happy with the forfeit.
What? This thread is about Minooka, and whether they should be scheduling better 8A teams for non conference games and where the program is at, not LWE.

Reactions: UAGoofy
I agreed with Edgy.
Don't necessarily disagree, but the fact that we can have a conversation about an 4A/5A team giving an 8A team a competitive game on an annual basis tells me Minooka is not ready to start taking on the big boys.

Reactions: gobears25
Don't necessarily disagree, but the fact that we can have a conversation about an 4A/5A team giving an 8A team a competitive game on an annual basis tells me Minooka is not ready to start taking on the big boys.
I disagree
It doesn’t hurt them to play them in a non-conference game. IMO

Some interesting future Minooka non-cons I feel could be Lockport, Sandburg, H-F, Naperville North and Central, the Lincoln-Ways not named East and maybe some of the DuKane Conference schools.

I feel Oswego and Minooka will begin to pull more away at the top of the Southwest Prairie in the years to come, though I think Oswego East can get there eventually and despite what Bones says to the contrary, I do think Bolingbrook will be back.

Some interesting future Minooka non-cons I feel could be Lockport, Sandburg, H-F, Naperville North and Central, the Lincoln-Ways not named East and maybe some of the DuKane Conference schools.

I feel Oswego and Minooka will begin to pull more away at the top of the Southwest Prairie in the years to come, though I think Oswego East can get there eventually and despite what Bones says to the contrary, I do think Bolingbrook will be back.
Playing with house money the rest of the season as 2 wins was the expected. Love the athletes on the lower levels. There's some issues still, but I think next year they should be trending back upwards as long as there's no late season collapse like the past two. We have a ton of sophs and a freshman playing big roles on varsity now.

Reactions: niualum2002
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT