ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan & Iowa - playing football in fall as scheduled

Oh Damn, you're going to make me tell another story of the flight during my one and only Reno trip. But not right now, it's a pretty good story. :D
Tell it when you get the opportunity. :) But if it's not about people getting the hell scared out of them, forget it. LOL!
It's exactly the opposite of "people getting the hell scared out of them" but still worth telling. It has a weird twist.

OK so here’s my story of my one and only flight into Reno from Midway in Chicago.

Keep in mind during this 10 year period of time I registered many flights, 40 for my 20 Vegas trips I mentioned above and maybe 30 more during a ten year time period (all pre-9/11). So I was an experienced flier maybe bordering on expert flier.

I made all my own flight arrangements and ended up on a Red-Eye non-stopped to Reno on Reno Air. I think it was a 727 but I’m not sure. These Red-Eye flights back then were very empty and rarely over 20% capacity. You literally could have entire rows to yourself and make a bed.

So we are prepping for takeoff and the crew is going through all their instructions and introducing the flight crew. They finally say something that gets all of the 40sh passengers attention. “Your Captain today is captain so-in-so who is a former Air Force One Pilot, recently retired. And everybody has the exact same reactions “yeah OK our Captain is an Air Force One Pilot, I’ll take that with a grain of salt.” And/or “Yeah, we’ll see if he’s that good!”.

Fast forward to landing in Reno. That was by far the best flight I have ever been on, that guy literally walks on water when compared to your average pilot and it was very obvious that the story of him being an Air Force One Pilot was 100% true.

People on the plane were all saying how that was an incredible flight and this guy is the real deal. Several of the passengers actually slept through the landing and had to be woke up and couldn’t believe they had slept through a landing without waking up.

I have been on a flight that was piloted by an Air Force One Pilot and I can’t stress this enough, there is a reason these guys get to be Air Force One Pilots, they are literally the best pilots in the world.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
It's exactly the opposite of "people getting the hell scared out of them" but still worth telling. It has a weird twist.

OK so here’s my story of my one and only flight into Reno from Midway in Chicago.

Keep in mind during this 10 year period of time I registered many flights, 40 for my 20 Vegas trips I mentioned above and maybe 30 more during a ten year time period (all pre-9/11). So I was an experienced flier maybe bordering on expert flier.

I made all my own flight arrangements and ended up on a Red-Eye non-stopped to Reno on Reno Air. I think it was a 727 but I’m not sure. These Red-Eye flights back then were very empty and rarely over 20% capacity. You literally could have entire rows to yourself and make a bed.

So we are prepping for takeoff and the crew is going through all their instructions and introducing the flight crew. They finally say something that gets all of the 40sh passengers attention. “Your Captain today is captain so-in-so who is a former Air Force One Pilot, recently retired. And everybody has the exact same reactions “yeah OK our Captain is an Air Force One Pilot, I’ll take that with a grain of salt.” And/or “Yeah, we’ll see if he’s that good!”.

Fast forward to landing in Reno. That was by far the best flight I have ever been on, that guy literally walks on water when compared to your average pilot and it was very obvious that the story of him being an Air Force One Pilot was 100% true.

People on the plane were all saying how that was an incredible flight and this guy is the real deal. Several of the passengers actually slept through the landing and had to be woke up and couldn’t believe they had slept through a landing without waking up.

I have been on a flight that was piloted by an Air Force One Pilot and I can’t stress this enough, there is a reason these guys get to be Air Force One Pilots, they are literally the best pilots in the world.
He must have been an expert Air Force One pilot. Just landing smoothly in Reno can be a challenge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT